You were kicked by Punkbuster

Comments

• SpoolaZ
    202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    That said, the BF series is one of the most cheated games with a good support from cheat suppliers, no wonder there will be complaints and cry when PB finally bans.
  • RustedRoot
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited May 2018
    ^ Agreed, but what about the erroneous bans? PB is not perfect by any means. Causalities of war?
  • bishtop
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    RustedRoot wrote: »
    ^ Agreed, but what about the erroneous bans? PB is not perfect by any means. Causalities of war?

Its rare that i see someone in your situation and believe them but you are the exception, you have put many hours into playing and from a quick glance your stats are not OTT. I may be wrong but if not i hope it gets sorted soon for you
  • RustedRoot
    ^ You're not wrong. Been playing online FPS since Delta Force. Never cheated in my life and have never loaded any cheat programs on my computer. I would have to google cheats in order to even begin using them.

I'm guessing they won't lift my ban since I have received ZERO response. It truly is bull since they provide ZERO proof that I used some sort of cheat. That would equivalent to sentencing someone for a crime they did not commit without a trial.
  • DIRTYGreeny
    676 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited May 2018
    ^

I'm guessing they won't lift my ban since I have received ZERO response.

I've not known an evenbalance ticket that hasn't had an answer given to it.

If you got the reply that your GUID was associated with cheating/hacking then it's a response and an answer to your ticket, or even another response would be an answer. Did you get that response?

Post edited by DIRTYGreeny on
  • RustedRoot
    ^ Nope, nothing.
  • Wessmyre
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Holy cow, this ban thread is still going? LOL

I have razor software installed, Uplay, Origin, and Nvidia experience. I just did a format ... 5 months ago~. Surprising enough.... no ban. What I don't do is bot or hack... Could that be the difference?
  • HairOffTheDog
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Wessmyre wrote: »
    Holy cow, this ban thread is still going? LOL

I have razor software installed, Uplay, Origin, and Nvidia experience. I just did a format ... 5 months ago~. Surprising enough.... no ban. What I don't do is bot or hack... Could that be the difference?

Absolutely not, a few of us who have been dealing with this since early March, and have also never hacked or botted. I wouldn't even know where to begin with it, nor would I ever want to. There is something special about competitive game play that I love, that all goes out the window if you or the other person cheats. Doesn't mean your any good, just means you're a tool. I never thought I'd be in this position as I take pride in being honest and a good person, both in game and in life. And yet here I am, banned for something I didn't do, guilty with no way of defending myself.
  • HairOffTheDog
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    On a side note, anyone with an open ticket, make sure you respond to anything they say within 10 or so days, or it will be closed. Took them over a month to reply, and they were open to additional info, which was great. I was trying to work on that, but my ticket was closed before I could reply. Now I have to start over again. Wanted all of you dealing with this, to know that. Even if you simply reply after a couple days you're still gathering info, or troubleshooting etc, something to keep your ticket open so it doesn't get closed on you too.
  • RustedRoot
    I never thought I'd be in this position as I take pride in being honest and a good person, both in game and in life. And yet here I am, banned for something I didn't do, guilty with no way of defending myself.
    +1

• Sk1lld
    591 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Makes me wonder if EB got their hands on a list of compromised accounts and blanket banned the whole list. Of course this is speculation, but I have looked over most of the account stats here and don't see much wrong.

What I mean to say is I believe most of you being innocent, only a couple of you have lightly questionable stats.

After this much time I believe these banned accounts won't be returned and am sorry for your loss.

Some of you have helped the community here a lot, and you especially I feel bad for.
  • DIRTYGreeny
    676 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited May 2018
    Sk1lld wrote: »
    Makes me wonder if EB got their hands on a list of compromised accounts and blanket banned the whole list. Of course this is speculation, but I have looked over most of the account stats here and don't see much wrong.

What I mean to say is I believe most of you being innocent, only a couple of you have lightly questionable stats.

After this much time I believe these banned accounts won't be returned and am sorry for your loss.

Some of you have helped the community here a lot, and you especially I feel bad for.

On the contrary, EB doesn't ban based on stats. Also, I'm sure global bans are not handed out lightly. As well as that EA hasn't said anything about lifting the bans either or that these are potential false positives (which they have done in the past).

Like everyone else, I am on the outside looking in but I think it's important to balance things out on the speculative side. You guys are protesting your innocence yet EB is projecting that they have the means to validate the bans. Why would they want to ban innocent players? That's pointless, unrewarding and defeats the object of anticheat.

In society we all know that there have been people in a position of trust that have used it to their advantage for wrong doing. Being a 'helpful' community member doesn't mean someone doesn't have the means to use it as a smokescreen to cheat.

To re-iterate I'm an outsider looking in and do not know what either side knows but I feel that this thread needs all points to be discussed.
  • Sk1lld
    591 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

On the contrary, EB doesn't ban based on stats. Also, I'm sure global bans are not handed out lightly. As well as that EA hasn't said anything about lifting the bans either or that these are potential false positives (which they have done in the past).

I never said EB used stats to ban? EVERY ONE knows it works by detecting cheat definitions.
    But EB has made mistakes in the past, and no anti cheat is perfect. And I don't believe them when they mention silent logging, you have any idea how many employees EB would need to employ to do that? Lets face it if you report a cheater to EB with undeniable proof, that Guy will be still playing many months from now.
    That tells me that they don't have that large a staff.
    JMHO

• RustedRoot
    Just to clarify, my account has never been compromised. I change my password pretty regularly and every single match played on this account was played by me from my home on the same internet for the last 4+ years.
  • bishtop
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just to clarify, my account has never been compromised. I change my password pretty regularly and every single match played on this account was played by me from my home on the same internet for the last 4+ years.

As i have said before you're one of the few that i believe. Even though (please don't take offence) i think your attitude on the forums is at times bad but this is not what is at question at this moment, just hang on and fingers crossed i guess that its fixed for you
  • DIRTYGreeny

I never said EB used stats to ban? EVERY ONE knows it works by detecting cheat definitions.
    But EB has made mistakes in the past, and no anti cheat is perfect. And I don't believe them when they mention silent logging, you have any idea how many employees EB would need to employ to do that? Lets face it if you report a cheater to EB with undeniable proof, that Guy will be still playing many months from now.
    That tells me that they don't have that large a staff.
    JMHO

Your quote was 'Of course this is speculation, but I have looked over most of the account stats here and don't see much wrong'.

I didn't mean you said that they ban based on stats, I mean you stated that you didn't see much wrong with them which is irrelevent as EB doesn't use stats to ban.

in regards to silent logging, whats the difference between banning players live and logging them silently over a period of time and then banning all those that were logged later? Why would it take more staff to do so?

We all know of the false positives of the past, as we would expect from most mistakes we move on from them and learn from them. These are in the past and there hasn't been a violation that has been removed for some time now. As an official anticheat and likely reviewed by EA, I think we have to take bans at face value until proven otherwise. Again however, I would not want to see innocent players banned either.
  • scrubsbechubs
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Has anyone in this thread had their account reinstated by EB following this latest wave of bans (post March 01, 2018)? I had well over 2000 hours logged in BF3 and over 500 hours logged in BF4 under my "spinejam" account that was banned by EB. Common sense would dictate that someone with that many hours logged between the two games plays legitimately. Just my two cents...
  • bishtop
    Has anyone in this thread had their account reinstated by EB following this latest wave of bans (post March 01, 2018)? I had well over 2000 hours logged in BF3 and over 500 hours logged in BF4 under my "spinejam" account that was banned by EB. Common sense would dictate that someone with that many hours logged between the two games plays legitimately. Just my two cents...

They have reviewed yours and denied your appeal i noticed

Capture.jpg

• StarscreamUK
    7532 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited May 2018
    That's pbbans, nothing to do with evenbalance.
  • DIRTYGreeny
    Any third party anticheat like pbbans denies appeals when evenbalance state they don't find the violation to be triggered in error.
This discussion has been closed.