You were kicked by Punkbuster

Comments

• Sk1lld
    445 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It could be a false positive, but unlikely.

EB did explain that they have no idea if was you or another computer that the cheat was found on, that was using your account to play BF4 when the violation occured. 2 step verification is a must. Make sure you activate it.

I highly suggest a brand new account for the new game. It also wouldn't hurt to change at least two pieces of hardware in your computer so you generate a new and unique HWID or you may find your new account action ed by 3rd party anticheat sites that cross reference your account or even EA if you generate the same Hardware ID again.

Regards.

• HairOffTheDog
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Unfortunately, the message they gave me seems to be a generic reply, I've seen the exact same verbiage with other people. I literally just upgraded my PC, so changing out parts won't be happening. I am 99% sure my account hasn't been compromised, all games played match what I've played. My stats SUCK, I play the objectives, don't care about my K/D ratio honestly. I'll die a dozen times trying to push an objective. I'm in a tough spot, I love BF series, but kind of have a sour taste now. I don't trust the systems they have in place to protect players from cheaters. I don't want to waste more money buying the game again, only to have this happen all over. If I could be sure the cause, great. And I'm assuming this unfair ban will effect BF1 and BF3? (Which I rarely play, I prefer BF4, but if it's all I can do, then so be it, better than nothing)

I have tested my Punkbuster and everything checks out fine with no errors, so do I take the chance with another BF game?
  • ThinBlueLine1980
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I bit the bullet and played bf1. I had no issues. But i also cut off CAM just as a precaution. This whole situation pisses me off. I'm guessing that we got our ID stolen and used on an account where someone was hacking. Its **** that, like you, I've been playing for years and paid good money for something I can no longer use. With no proof, they basically just slammed the door in our faces. I know it wont amount to anything but i did launch a complain with the better business buruor. Ha. It has to be CAM that triggered it. That's the commonality in our situations. Ugh, I used to see guys floating through the air and killing people while invisible... obviously hacking. But me, the honest player gets banned. Such BS
  • HairOffTheDog
    So explain GUID, it has to do with your original install key, and includes a mix of hardware, is that right? Does it change when hardware changes? My original system was built when BF4 first released and was handed down to my best friend, who started playing BF4 a month or two ago. He'd never cheat, that's not where I'm going. But when I built my new system last year, 7700K CPU Asus Formula IX MB, XZXT CPU AIO Cooler, 16GB of 4000Mhz Trident RGB memory etc, would that have generated a new GUID? The reason I ask, is with new hardware, and a new copy of BF4, I should be in a better spot? I'll close CAM when I play, just because it's a concern at the moment, but would that work possibly? Has anyone had any luck requesting from Origin if an IP address other than my current has been used in the last couple months, do they keep any stats like that? My IP has been the same for quite some time.
  • ThinBlueLine1980
    I refuse to buy the game again. I liked it way better than bf1 but oh well. I feel that if i buy it again and I get banned again for nothing, I have absolutely no recourse. I may look into PUBG now. I'm not a gamer and usually only play one game so looks like I may just see what all the fuss is about.
  • HairOffTheDog
    Yeah, I just had a couple rounds of BF1, honestly it's not for me. I prefer a more modern timeline, so for now it'll have to be BF3 I guess. I closed CAM and could at least play BF1, so that gives me hope for BF3. Sure gonna miss BF4 though, shame it happened like this, hopefully others don't have to go through this. Sucks
  • HairOffTheDog
    edited March 2018
    Some BF3 servers kick me right away, cross game ban or something it said, but at least I can play on a few servers. They need to have something in place to help those who don't cheat but get punished for it. Some sort of second chance system, just in case it was done in error. The 2 step verification should be mandatory imo, I didn't even know it was an option until LOLGotYerTags mentioned it (Thank you by the way). So if I want to play BF4 again, do I need to create a new Origin account and buy the game that way? I'm still a little nervous I could get banned again for no reason, but I figure with 2 step verification in place, it should prevent the only way it could have happened to me, right? I bought BF3 and BF4 premium, and I got the Origin Access to try some games, maybe I should cancel access, and just get that on a new account. What a pain this all is, damn!
  • LOLGotYerTags
    11086 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Some BF3 servers kick me right away, cross game ban or something it said

Cross game bans are because your GUID in BF3 is the same as the GUID in BF4, So if you are banned in one game, That ban will carry over to other titles that share GUID information.

I think the reason 2FA is not mandatory is because not everybody appreciates being forced to use an additional method of logging into an account, Some prefer the standard email/password combo.

Even Discord has a 2FA option and that also is not mandatory to have in place.

Personally, I would not attempt to purchase any games again on your current account.
  • HairOffTheDog
    Personally, I would not attempt to purchase any games again on your current account.

So would doing an Origin Access subscription on a new Origin account work? There has to be an option to play again.

• thegrizz72
    145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I do believe that a cross game ban must be entered manually by a server admin. I have seen many players that have a Pbban on bf3 but can play bf4 without issues and it's the same guid. Your guid is linked but that is all.It works the same way if you got caught cheating in bf4 and buy a new account, your guid will be linked to the banned 1 and it's up to the server admin to ban you because of a linked account.
  • ThinBlueLine1980
    I've not heard back from even balance and its been about 5 days. I looked at how much it would cost to purchase BF4 again and its 19.99 but the premium is still 49.99. Seems a bit much for a 4 year old game. Its not like it'll break me but it just pisses me off to no end. I wonder if there has ever been a class action lawsuit against Even Balance. Probably not because I'm assuming I clicked some type of agreement before being able to play. At any rate, has anyone found out if it could be the overlay from CAM that caused the ban? That is the ONLY thing I can think of and the only commonality that the OP and I have.
  • HairOffTheDog
    edited March 2018
    I've not heard back from even balance and its been about 5 days.

My experience with Even Balance, is you will not hear anything via email, their reply was added to my ticket. There is no easy way I have found to look my ticket up, but I created a shortcut to my ticket pager when I made it.

I also sent them the CAM executable, and gave them a link to the software's web page. Pretty sure it''s not going anywhere, I'm losing hope after this situation and Even Balance's copy/pasted replies. I don't think they care if innocent people get banned.

Still waiting to hear if creating a new origin account and buying Origin Access on that account would work. I want to do the monthly plan, and hope this ban gets turned around someday on my main account. Losing all progress since launch day is a hard pill to swallow considering I didn't cheat or do what I'm being punished for.

• HairOffTheDog
    Another example of what I'm talking about (them not caring at all) I asked a couple technical questions regarding the IP address, asking any info they had regarding what happened and what I supposedly did, and asked what options I had.

I mentioned I submitted the CAM overlay to research in case the latest version was triggering something. I have 3 large posts and this is what I get back:
    Note #12: If you submitted a ticket to the research team, they will contact you once they have investigated the issue.

Literally no help at all, I waited a couple days for that answer. If you can't give specific info, tell me. But please give me some insight as to what happened, and how they associated it to my GUID. From the EULA, Punkbuster can take screenshots, and send computer data etc, so give me something to go on.
  • bakebeantin
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    EvenBalance is never going to give you that information, and evening if you ban is a false positive EvenBalance is never going to tell you that it is that software which did it or what software it may have been.
  • HairOffTheDog
    EvenBalance is never going to give you that information, and evening if you ban is a false positive EvenBalance is never going to tell you that it is that software which did it or what software it may have been.

Then they shouldn't have this much power or the ability to treat people so unfairly. While they may make software that does a decent job at preventing cheaters, if it's not completely accurate, then they need to have something in place to help people where were unfairly banned.
  • the_tecknoxx_
    168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    [removed]

Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • bakebeantin
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member

Then they shouldn't have this much power or the ability to treat people so unfairly. While they may make software that does a decent job at preventing cheaters, if it's not completely accurate, then they need to have something in place to help people where were unfairly banned.

it is very easy to understand why Evenbalance don't give out that information, and if you just took the time to think you would understand why. It has nothing to do with power, it is about giving out information which would help players which have been cheating.

And just as the_tecknoxx said, if your account got hacked then sorry for you, but it is down to you to keep your account safe. and if you got busted for cheating you had it coming to you.
  • HairOffTheDog
    edited October 2018
    [removed]

I am definitely NOT a cheater playing the innocent, my hands are completely clean. My problem is understanding how my GUID was used, I am very cautious and like I said earlier, I have been in the IT industry for over two decades, so my experience is pretty high in this area. I don't install unknown software, I don't click on unknown links, I don't fall for phishing attempts and I ROUTINELY search for malicious software/virus's/rootkits etc. I have never let anyone use my account, and my account has never been used outside my home network, which in itself is very secure. I have not been infected by anything as far back as I can remember. I have both hardware and software firewalls running. This is why I'm having such a hard time accepting this. I know from the outside how it could look, but I really think something else is at play here.

I find it interesting that so many people have come forward recently across the net, all saying the same thing, all with the same Game Hack 88001 issue. This ban code is brand new, so something was done recently to classify people with it. I just want Even Balance to look into it, as I strongly feel something is causing unfair bans.
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • the_tecknoxx_
    168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @HairOffTheDog

a cheat was detected on your GUID.

IF your account got hacked, I am sorry for you,

but you should protect your account better.

If not, you are just another cheater crying and playing the innocent.

https://www.pbbans.com/mbi-view-ban-416468.html

https://www.ggc-stream.net/search/server/guid/gid/4AC80E39880DECF8F9D47A70E0ABF9AF/game/41

I am definitely NOT a cheater playing the innocent, my hands are completely clean. My problem is understanding how my GUID was used, I am very cautious and like I said earlier, I have been in the IT industry for over two decades, so my experience is pretty high in this area. I don't install unknown software, I don't click on unknown links, I don't fall for phishing attempts and I ROUTINELY search for malicious software/virus's/rootkits etc. I have never let anyone use my account, and my account has never been used outside my home network, which in itself is very secure. I have not been infected by anything as far back as I can remember. I have both hardware and software firewalls running. This is why I'm having such a hard time accepting this. I know from the outside how it could look, but I really think something else is at play here.

I find it interesting that so many people have come forward recently across the net, all saying the same thing, all with the same Game Hack 88001 issue. This ban code is brand new, so something was done recently to classify people with it. I just want Even Balance to look into it, as I strongly feel something is causing unfair bans.

if it's new and this is a false positive the ban is going to be removed.

• the_tecknoxx_
    @HairOffTheDog
    maybe it's a false positive but I just check pbbans and some people caught with : GAME HACK #88001

got those kind of stats.

https://imgur.com/a/Y3zWP
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!