You were kicked by Punkbuster

Comments

• HairOffTheDog
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @HairOffTheDog
    maybe it's a false positive but I just check pbbans and some people caught with : GAME HACK #88001

got those kind of stats.

https://imgur.com/a/Y3zWP

Not quite following you on the stat thing. I know my stats are nothing to ride home about, I'm a very casual player and mainly play conquest style maps, Railway being my absolute favorite.
  • HairOffTheDog
    I know this question is less likely to get a reply, but going to ask anyway, why not at this point, maybe someone will have the nootz to answer it.
    If anyone got banned for Game Hack 88001 and did actually hack something or cheat, or did anything to cause this ban, can you please tell me what you did so I can understand what this may mean?
  • the_tecknoxx_
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @HairOffTheDog

maybe it's a false positive but I just check pbbans.com and some people caught with : GAME HACK #88001

got those kind of stats.

https://imgur.com/a/Y3zWP

Not quite following you on the stat thing. I know my stats are nothing to ride home about, I'm a very casual player and mainly play conquest style maps, Railway being my absolute favorite.

I just check pbbans.com

I check the stats of someone caught exact same : GAME HACK #88001

I censored the name but ... https://imgur.com/a/KTuI9

120 kills - 90 HS using a carbine. (almost)
    those are not legit stats and he also got caught with : GAME HACK #88001

so ...
  • HairOffTheDog
    I censored the name but ... https://imgur.com/a/KTuI9

120 kills - 90 HS using a carbine. (almost)
    those are not legit stats and he also got caught with : GAME HACK #88001

Thank you for explaining a little bit more, I can see how those stats would be very questionable. I'm not saying that the 88001 ban code isn't legit, it's just not legit for me. I play mainly one map, Railway, looking at my BF4 profile, it doesn't show any maps I didn't play, you can see my stats on each game over the last month, none of this adds up.

There is absolutely no sign of anyone using my account, and no hack/cheating software on my system. If I was hacked, and that hacker was using my GUID, it would be in my history wouldn't it?

The Ban shows the the server: "- Vi -24/7- Railway - Instant Vehicles - Violent Industries", which I played along with "Noobs In Golmud Railway Instant Vehicles High Tickets" there was an NWO server as well, but generally played the first two mentioned. NOTHING, shows any form of cheating on any of those games.

If you were me, wouldn't you think some sort of false positive? Most of the games we lost, my stats in the game were average to less than average, no maps out of the ordinary that would indicate someone was using my account. You would think there would be some sort of smoking gun in my history/stats that could prove I was at least hacked, even for only one game, but from everything I see, there isn't.
  • Sonomak
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited March 2018
    Deleted response. Duplicated below (kinda). The forums were a bit weird when I posted originally and didn't show my response.
    Post edited by Sonomak on
  • Sonomak
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Sorry, I have been discussing this ban on 5 different forums so I haven't had any information to form a reply until now.
    From the information I've gathered and the status of this 88001 ban, I believe it has something to do with suspicious statistics with weapons. I went on to a website that provided a breakdown of my stats with weapons and there was a tab which flagged up as suspicious stats. I had a higher than average HS% with a sniper rifle. I cannot remember the website at the moment but I'll check my history tonight to find it.
    My error messages state that I was banned due to an admin decision and on PBBans I am classed as an unofficial ban. Unfortunately I cannot find what server, or who, banned me.
    I've also had a response from EB today and it's the same generic response as most people have. The frustrating thing is that I use 2FA and I haven't played BF4 in a couple of years, I only played for a few days at the start of the month and was then banned due to an admin decision.
    @HairOffTheDog I have seen your posts asking if anyone has used an overlay or installed a program that could trigger this ban but I have not. I do not use any overlay or this CAM program that you use and between the few days I could play BF4 to when I was banned, I did not install anything. I actually did not have BF4 installed and done a clean install prior to playing.
    Unfortunately without EB actually reading a ticket appeal or stating what the ban is actually for, I feel we do not have a fighting chance of being unbanned.
    I think the only difference between us @HairOffTheDog is that my ban on PBBans is an unofficial ban whereas yours seems to be official. I won't even begin to try to understand how the anti-cheat works (considering in the few games I played, there were hackers flying around in the air still not banned) but I can only hope someone from EB either addresses the issue or at the very least looks in to an appeal before dismissing it with a generic reply.
    https://www.pbbans.com/mbi-view-unofficial-ban-53225.html
  • Kiplings_Error_3
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    These sort of post really make me laugh. Why? Well there are post after post of "I've been banned but i didn't cheat".. Come on do me a favour. The people at PB isn't gonna get up one morning and say "Oh i had a bad night last night and wanna ban some people" or "i dont like those players im gonna make up a new ban code and ban xxxx ammount for it." You were caught.
    The reason that you cant find much out about the 88001 is because they dont want to release what they found as this would let the coder know and give them time to update it. Gripe, whinge and whine here is not going to change anything, you need to contact Evenbalance they are the only ones that can help you no one else.. But as seeing as they are not lifting this bans then there must have been something on you computers that they didnt like.
  • HairOffTheDog
    These sort of post really make me laugh. Why? Well there are post after post of "I've been banned but i didn't cheat".. Come on do me a favour. The people at PB isn't gonna get up one morning and say "Oh i had a bad night last night and wanna ban some people" or "i dont like those players im gonna make up a new ban code and ban xxxx ammount for it." You were caught.
    The reason that you cant find much out about the 88001 is because they dont want to release what they found as this would let the coder know and give them time to update it. Gripe, whinge and whine here is not going to change anything, you need to contact Evenbalance they are the only ones that can help you no one else.. But as seeing as they are not lifting this bans then there must have been something on you computers that they didnt like.

I get it, someone gets banned, and it has to be legit, right? Unfortunately for me, and I'm sure others in this post, something is seriously wrong here. Just because they make the software, doesn't mean they don't get it wrong from time to time. Research back as I have, there have been a number of Bans that were reversed. If you don't want to contribute to this thread and try to figure out what's going on, that's fine, but don't be one of those people who assumes guilt from the start. I am far from a cheater, whether you choose to believe it or not. Hopefully something like this doesn't happen to you, because it sucks to have people laugh, and think you're guilty, when you aren't.
  • bakebeantin
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    I think PB / Evenbalance have done a pick and mix ban, take a hand full of players using different cheats, give them all the same violation. Talk about giving maximum confusion within the cheating ranks.

Sonomak are you not a member of TMC?
  • HairOffTheDog
    edited March 2018
    Oddly enough, I wasn't able to see weapon stats earlier, I logged in trying to find some clues to my ban, now all of a sudden I do have access, but the numbers are different. The headshots for my number 1 weapon, the Ace 21 CQB went from around 79 to about 59, which seems a little more accurate. Anyone else have stats that have changed overnight? Wondering if it's related to the ban, recent comments mentioned stats that didn't seem legit, so I found this interesting.
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited March 2018
    Would be funny though, if a private cheat got clapped. Ontopic: as I said before, if you think that the violation is a mistake, contact EB and follow their instructions. If they ask for more details, comply and provide it to them.
    There have been a few rare cases of false positives. Those have all been lifted accordingly. If it is a false positive and you are banned for this individual violation on BF4DB, create an appeal on our forum and the ban will be removed (if no other indications of cheating are found besides the PB violation).
  • Bananzarin
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Il-Scavenger-lI do not tell me where to contact me, except for the ban on Pbans nowhere seems to be banned (though I'm from a Russian-language forum), from the moderators there is no answer for 2 weeks, maybe even here will help
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12835 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Bananzarin wrote: »
    Il-Scavenger-lI do not tell me where to contact me, except for the ban on Pbans nowhere seems to be banned (though I'm from a Russian-language forum), from the moderators there is no answer for 2 weeks, maybe even here will help

You will get the same answer here as you did on the Russian forum.

Contact Evenbalance : http://www.evenbalance.com/troubleticket/

Appeal your ban there and wait to hear back from them in email.

• BurtTheBlueberry
    370 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Bananzarin wrote: »

I do know of 2 people who recently received global PB bans like you have that were removed so don't lose hope if the ban was a mistake
  • HairOffTheDog
    I do know of 2 people who recently received global PB bans like you have that were removed so don't lose hope if the ban was a mistake

Not losing hope, but I am confused it has taken this long. I know many people read posts like this and think the person is straight up guilty and trying to play innocent, but it's truly not the case here. I'm playing again on a new Origin Access account, I decided to pay monthly even though it costs 50% more than paying annually as I'm really hoping my main accounts ban will get resolved soon. I need to believe that as I never once cheated, regardless of what people may think. Just to add something new to this thread, I did get an email back confirming the CAM Overlay was NOT the cause of the ban, others thought as much, but I had to rule it out.

• RustedRoot
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    If you have a cheat engine/trainer on your computer but have not used it to "cheat", it's still possible it altered BF4 game files and triggered the anti-cheat engine.
  • 0ld_yell0w
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 2018
    @RustedRoot no, if you are not running CE its not possible to detect it. CE cannot automatically ( by it self) alter files. If PB does an agressive scan of drives except for the gamefolders with pb-protected games they are breaking the law in several states and countries. I have CE on my pc, simply because the debugger is fast, reliable and for free.

"Licensee understands and agrees that the information that may be inspected and reported by PunkBuster software includes, but is not limited to, devices and any files residing on the hard-drive and in the memory of the computer on which PunkBuster software is installed. Further, Licensee consents to allow PunkBuster software to transfer actual screenshots taken of Licensee’s computer during the operation of PunkBuster software for possible publication."

Yes, I read that too, BUT that said, if they ever tried to misuse this how long do you think they would be alive ?!
    These things have been dissed before, and I yes, know PB runs on systemlevel too (the punkbuster A, and B service talked about elsewhere here on forum).

Imagine ANY slip from PB about C:\0ldyell0w\pictures\naughtyOYinshower.jpg and

1. You would need to bleach your eyes
    2. Punkbuster would be sued to a level that would close them down perm. EVEN though you agree to their EULA
    (and for privacy reasons PB would lose).
    3. If a case ever ran under those circumstances, EA-games might not get a lawsuit, but they would bleed so much money so they have NO interest in spying on your HD's or let any one else do so with their approval.

I have no idea why you guys got banned with that levelcode, but often there is a reason, the unofficial ban is .. something else I dont think should be dissed about here on forum, but you can find threads about that specific issue elsewhere on a wellknown anticheat site.

• HairOffTheDog
    RustedRoot wrote: »
    If you have a cheat engine/trainer on your computer but have not used it to "cheat", it's still possible it altered BF4 game files and triggered the anti-cheat engine.

I literally have no such software, my system is really clean, contrary to what people seem to think. I read something about screenshots that can be seen that support various bans, how does that work? Do I request it from the server listed under my PBban, or is it something only admins have access to? I really want to see proof of this cheating claim, because I already know it isn't valid and can't be proven. People have suggested that stats are off and don't seem accurate, so has anyone looked into how stats are calculated and uploaded to profiles? Could it be an issue with the two servers I mainly play?

Lastly, for those who have had the bans lifted, were new tickets created, or new posts made on the original ticket, or did they just reach out saying the ban wasn't valid and has been removed?

• Centurion39
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So this just happened to me. I haven't played for about a month since we were rolling out a new portfolio management system (sounds super exciting...). My son got me a 1080ti I was using in my old i5-2500k. For my birthday I decided I'd upgrade and build a new pc for the 1080ti so just YESTERDAY finished putting together a i7-8700k system. Kept getting kicked out of BF4, thought it was just a punkbuster install issue. Went through all the motions, nothing in the log file after making the pbcl config file either. Finally figured out to see more detail that you had to run battlelog through a browser. Found I have a global ban from PB. You can see my awesome stats and last reports here:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/Centurion39/battlereports/337837499/pc/

I mean seriously, wth is going on. I am like, 9-15% accuracy most days and am something like div 6 world.

I put in a ticket with EvenBalance but if they don't get it fixed, I'm going to start with calling their NOC and work my way up the food chain from there.

• HairOffTheDog
    So this just happened to me. I haven't played for about a month since we were rolling out a new portfolio management system (sounds super exciting...). My son got me a 1080ti I was using in my old i5-2500k. For my birthday I decided I'd upgrade and build a new pc for the 1080ti so just YESTERDAY finished putting together a i7-8700k system. Kept getting kicked out of BF4, thought it was just a punkbuster install issue. Went through all the motions, nothing in the log file after making the pbcl config file either. Finally figured out to see more detail that you had to run battlelog through a browser. Found I have a global ban from PB. You can see my awesome stats and last reports here:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/Centurion39/battlereports/337837499/pc/

I mean seriously, wth is going on. I am like, 9-15% accuracy most days and am something like div 6 world.

I put in a ticket with EvenBalance but if they don't get it fixed, I'm going to start with calling their NOC and work my way up the food chain from there.

I hear ya, something is seriously wrong here. Something is triggering this and we need to find out what. I provided so much info to EB, but I'm getting these generic answers, and frankly, we deserve at least someone looking into this.
This discussion has been closed.