Can someone explain to me why fuller teams get filled first?

Halcyon_Creed_N7
1546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Why do teams with more players receive more players than the other team first? Happens almost every match when there's empty slots. Usually the team that lost the previous round empties out and it's like 22v27, but then I'll watch the scoreboard and it'll go 21v32 and then the match will start like that's fair and balanced.

Can someone explain the logic behind this to me? I know this issue is brought up a lot, but then why is it still an issue?

Comments

• llPhantom_Limbll
    6344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There is no logic behind this as matchmaking is almost nonexistant since the release.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've been asking this for months.

Why is it still an issue? Because DICE's attention was on TTK 2.0 rather than fixing the real problems with the game.
  • VoidHuntG03
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My understanding is that people are assigned a team upon loading into the match, before they even get fully into the game.
    In this time, depending on their connection, specs, etc, it isn't too unreasonable that someone whose team is being cleaned up so brutally you'd think you were in an infomercial would quit the match. Before they quit, this new player was loading in to fill up space on the winning team, and so gets assigned to that team even though they're unbalanced.
  • trip1ex
    5334 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    My understanding is that people are assigned a team upon loading into the match, before they even get fully into the game.
    In this time, depending on their connection, specs, etc, it isn't too unreasonable that someone whose team is being cleaned up so brutally you'd think you were in an infomercial would quit the match. Before they quit, this new player was loading in to fill up space on the winning team, and so gets assigned to that team even though they're unbalanced.

this and if you join on a friend and they are on the fuller team then you'll be added to the fuller team as long as there is room. IF there is no room you go on the other side, but you are immediately switched upon death to your friend's team if a spot opens up.
  • ECH0_MIRAGE
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2018
    Don't worry, everything wrong in BF1 will be fixed in Battlefield V.

Weapon balance, >50% snipers per team because of map layout, team balance, utter uncofigurability and inflexibility in privately-run servers: all of this will work fine in the next release.
  • Monranian
    166 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited March 2018
    if you join on a friend and they are on the fuller team then you'll be added to the fuller team as long as there is room.

This happens quite often, yes.
    But definitely doesnt account for all of the imbalance.
  • olavafar
    2261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Lets say you make your own jam (you know, berries, sugar, water....). You have two jars but the jam only fills one and a half. You will still fill one up and put the remaining 1/2 in the other one (which you eat first).

So, the DICE employee who designed this used to be a jam maker.
    Q.E.D.