Call of Duty: Black Ops 4/IV/IIII?

Vespervin
1197 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited March 2018
Alright, so we finally have a good game studio making Call of Duty this year (as expected). It will be another game in the Black Ops series. Apparently it will still be futuristic but toned down, when compared to the other sci-fi Call of Duty games. Treyarch is easily my favourite Call of Duty developer. I'm excited to see what we get, and hopefully it's boots on the ground.

cbDFdLl.jpg

Post edited by Vespervin on

Comments

• Foot_Elite_Guard
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hope it plays like original Black Ops in modern time, not like Black Ops 2 with advanced technology: shock charges, guardian scorestreak, targetfinder etc. but rather with current stuff like MW series. Very Black Ops style setting, inspired by modern day operations but fictional. Cold War was good inspiration for first Black Ops.
  • HonestSoul333
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Also my favorite CoD dev, but may have to skip this one with it being futuristic and all. Unless they do something unique with it i cant see myself buying it...
  • Vespervin
    1197 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 2018
    Story wise I hope it gets back to the 'what do the numbers mean' kind of narrative of the first two Black Ops games. That was so interesting to play.
    Hope it plays like original Black Ops in modern time, not like Black Ops 2 with advanced technology: shock charges, guardian scorestreak, targetfinder etc. but rather with current stuff like MW series. Very Black Ops style setting, inspired by modern day operations but fictional. Cold War was good inspiration for first Black Ops.

I agree, although I did enjoy Black Ops II. The first Black Ops is my second favourite Call of Duty, right behind Modern Warfare 2.
    Also my favorite CoD dev, but may have to skip this one with it being futuristic and all. Unless they do something unique with it i cant see myself buying it...

If it does not have too many gimmicks and boots on the ground instead of the 'advanced movement' it will be fine for me and hopefully you as well. Treyarch really needs to deliver, after the disappointments Infinite Warfare and WWII brought.

It's interesting that they plan to release the game in October, when they usually release it in November. Some say it to get a head start on Rockstar's Red Dead Redemption, but I am sure it has something to do with Battlefield also.

Edit: Added the teaser to the OP.
    Post edited by Vespervin on
  • Foot_Elite_Guard
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    How you feel about divisions and should those come back? I like the idea but would allow more freedom with perks. Division could be one major perk and special ability for a weapon class in my opinion. Flak jacket, ghost, scavenger, hardline, marathon and sixth sense suits greatly for division perks.
  • GrizzGolf
    803 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I will have to take vacation around that time. TOO many games to play
  • Vespervin
    How you feel about divisions and should those come back? I like the idea but would allow more freedom with perks. Division could be one major perk and special ability for a weapon class in my opinion. Flak jacket, ghost, scavenger, hardline, marathon and sixth sense suits greatly for division perks.

I’m more a fan of the pick 10 system. It offered greater customisation and I had more fun with it.
  • HonestSoul333
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Vespervin wrote: »

I’m more a fan of the pick 10 system. It offered greater customisation and I had more fun with it.

I Agree. I feel like the divisions were kinda pointless and unCoD like. That said the different operators in BO3 were alright, but i wouldnt mind doing without them too...
  • NihlusKriyk
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2018
    Meh. Personally, I'm excited for the possibility of WaW remaster. Imo, the only great Treyarch game.
  • N7Quizolio
    87 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If its futuristic in any way, they'll be committing suicide.