Bought a Xbox One X and XIM APEX. Returned them both for a refund.

124»

Comments

• RetroGMR083
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Never really had a problem with FPS games on console, but I do prefer them on PC, particularly because of the faster frame rate, faster refresh rate which helps to eliminate motion blur, better aiming (compared to using a controller), faster tick rates, etc. It's annoying when you run into cheaters on PC, but otherwise the game tends to play smoother. I also get frame drops in some console games.

The biggest thing I dislike about consoles though is the loading screens in most games... they're so F'ing long!

Otherwise they're nice because they're pretty much just plug and play, you rarely have to troubleshoot much, the population tends to be larger, you don't have to deal with cheaters (at least not to the extent of hacking), and they're a lot more portable than a full sized desktop if you want to take it with you somewhere such as when I'm on a job away from home for a few days.

I expect with time consoles will start to compare a lot more closely to PCs and possibly even have more modular parts that would allow you to upgrade components much like a PC.
    I also don't really have a problem with population. Sure, if I want to play Supply Drop I have to wait until the weekend for higher population, but if I just want to play Conquest I can get a game at 7am on a weekday if I want.

Population in the US seems pretty abysmal lately.

I looked for a Rush server last night - zero populated results.
    Looked for a Frontlines server - 2 populated results.
    Looked for a Domination server - 2 populated results.
    Looked for Operations with the server browser - 4 populated results.

It seems like Conquest is all anyone plays on PC anymore in the US, at least on weekdays around 10pm EST.

Also, before anyone asks, I've got my server filter set to show all servers regardless of if they're full or not.

It's not that people aren't playing BF1 much on Xbox Live. Look at the stats, there are. The problem is EA/DICE. THe server browser is broken and they'll never fix it. I'm sure MVP ball head will come bfore long to say I'm wrong. It's all ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
  • emu1981
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Isn't Freesync supported on the consoles these days? You could buy yourself a freesync capable monitor to reduce the framerate stutters...
  • Oskool_007
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2018
    Oskool_007 wrote: »
    Thought I might like gaming on Xbox in order to get away from PC cheaters, but after two days playing BF1 on Xbox I went back to PC.

Xbox One X is more than capable of running BF1 at 60FPS. The problem is that EA/DICE have neglected it and it's not enhanced AT ALL. Your problems aren't with Xbox One X or really even Xim Apex, it's the horrible servers from EA! Play other games other than BF1 and you'll see this. If you bought Xim Apex and an Xbox One X just for BF1 then that's just silly and oyu should do research and be more wise about how you spend your money.

I agree. I wasn't impressed with Xbox BF1 server performance in 30hz/64 player matches. Especially the constant micro-rubberbanding while sprinting. The micro-rubberbanding only happened when the server was populated. No micro-rubberbanding in empty servers.
    emu1981 wrote: »
    Isn't Freesync supported on the consoles these days? You could buy yourself a freesync capable monitor to reduce the framerate stutters...

Yup! Freesync support, plus 120hz monitor support, and 1440p support. :smile: What I'm really interested to know is how much FreeSync reduces input lag in Xbox games.

When FreeSync kicks in due to sub 60fps frame rates, it disables Vsync and significantly reduces input lag. But in most cases when the 60fps framerate limit is reached, the game re-enables Vsync to stop the frame rate from going over 60fps and input lag increases due to Vsync.

I have high hopes for next-gen consoles and FreeSync. Hopefully console manufacturers and game developers can figure out how to support it properly, including how to limit frame rates without Vsync lag kicking back in.

Eurogamer did a review on Xbox's FreeSync. Some games work with it, some don't. Understandable, seeing how game developers didn't take FreeSync into consideration at the time of the game's release. Unfortunately, Eurogamer didn't take any input lag measurements using FreeSync.

Here's a video of Battle(non)Sense explaining how FreeSync works, and why the frame rate needs to be capped below the monitors refresh rate in order to work properly. It's a long video but explains how FreeSync works and some of the pitfalls of the technology. Such as capping the frame rate lower than the monitor's refresh rate, and how input lag is affected by which frame rate limiter is being used.

• RetroGMR083
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    faponit wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    This is me running to build a gaming pc after reading this.
    tenor.gif

More like this is you being excited that you have to sell your kidney to get a graphic card :open_mouth:

Some people aren’t broke.

Some people have common sense and prefer not to be a sucker dishing out a lot of money for over priced graphics cards just because of dummies crypto mining.
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    tenor.gif

More like this is you being excited that you have to sell your kidney to get a graphic card :open_mouth:

Some people have common sense and prefer not to be a sucker dishing out a lot of money for over priced graphics cards just because of dummies crypto mining.

Least prices seem to be going down now. I was wanting to get a Gtx 1070 but finding one for under 700, I had a better chance of getting struck by lightning twice.

I managed to get ahold of a Gtx 960 4gig for 50 bucks used. I can play bf1 on high settings.
  • RetroGMR083
    Imabaka70 wrote: »
    tenor.gif

Least prices seem to be going down now. I was wanting to get a Gtx 1070 but finding one for under 700, I had a better chance of getting struck by lightning twice.

I managed to get ahold of a Gtx 960 4gig for 50 bucks used. I can play bf1 on high settings.

That's great. I'd love a 960.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I hope people don't take it as a 'master race' opinion, but I just hate FPSs on console. The experience is night-and-day compared to PC.

There's no need to be weird or touchy about it. If you throw 5 or 6 times the money at something of course you get a better experience.

If I had to use Asian servers I might feel different, I suppose, but there aren't many cheaters in the EU - it's just not a problem that stacks up in any way against the technological advantages.

I also don't really have a problem with population. Sure, if I want to play Supply Drop I have to wait until the weekend for higher population, but if I just want to play Conquest I can get a game at 7am on a weekday if I want.

Agreed I have the game both on PS4 and PC and there's really no going back. Base PS4 hovers around 40-50fps with vsync. It's not a great experience.
  • DARTH_JAR_JAR222
    516 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Never really had a problem with FPS games on console, but I do prefer them on PC, particularly because of the faster frame rate, faster refresh rate which helps to eliminate motion blur, better aiming (compared to using a controller), faster tick rates, etc. It's annoying when you run into cheaters on PC, but otherwise the game tends to play smoother. I also get frame drops in some console games.

The biggest thing I dislike about consoles though is the loading screens in most games... they're so F'ing long!

Otherwise they're nice because they're pretty much just plug and play, you rarely have to troubleshoot much, the population tends to be larger, you don't have to deal with cheaters (at least not to the extent of hacking), and they're a lot more portable than a full sized desktop if you want to take it with you somewhere such as when I'm on a job away from home for a few days.

I expect with time consoles will start to compare a lot more closely to PCs and possibly even have more modular parts that would allow you to upgrade components much like a PC.

Population in the US seems pretty abysmal lately.

I looked for a Rush server last night - zero populated results.
    Looked for a Frontlines server - 2 populated results.
    Looked for a Domination server - 2 populated results.
    Looked for Operations with the server browser - 4 populated results.

It seems like Conquest is all anyone plays on PC anymore in the US, at least on weekdays around 10pm EST.

Also, before anyone asks, I've got my server filter set to show all servers regardless of if they're full or not.

It's not that people aren't playing BF1 much on Xbox Live. Look at the stats, there are. The problem is EA/DICE. THe server browser is broken and they'll never fix it. I'm sure MVP ball head will come bfore long to say I'm wrong. It's all ****.

If your going to insult someone, the least you could do is tag them. It seems like a shady move to throw out disparaging remarks and not tag or quote them. You're coming off as quite angry.

Btw, I think everyone with sense realises that both the server browser and server rental program have been horrendously bad for BF1.
  • ARMISTICErj
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    Good riddance to you. You tried to leave PC cheaters by becoming a cheater on console. Just go cheat on PC ya tool.

I love when people using these whine about it not working or getting banned. You’re cheating, and you deserve everything you get. I could easily afford a XiM but I choose to play legit, and instead invested in a elite controller. Because cheating is never satisfying to a person with a healthy brain.
  • ragnarok013
    3878 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Locked for necro. @ARMISTICErj personal attacks are not allowed and neither are necroing threads.

This discussion has been closed.