1 in 10 games are close (wheres the balance?)

KezzaWezzaMezza
postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Started playing Battlefield again recently and almost every game i play my team is either way better or way worse (one of those sucks more) but neither is ideal. Why doesnt the server balance the teams in between rounds? not only numbers but skill wise (or rank wise)
Those close intense battles are so much more fun. Cmon EA, use you Billions$$$ to pay someone to add this <3

Comments

• Jayremie570
    1263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The easiest way they could do it is by rank. I know rank doesn't mean skill but, every time I'm getting smashed a look at the board shows a low lvl scout and assault stacked team.

The other side has the 90's and higher medic stacked squads. It's too late now unfortunately. Maybe for next game they'll remember the complaints and implement a simple balancer.
  • trm6
    271 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Friends. That's how you balance. Goods play with goods and bads play with random other bads.
  • Jayremie570
    1263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Mmm, no. Clan stacks make it totally worse, and I'm in a 500 person platoon community.

Really they need a solo set of servers and options for stacks. In an ideal battlefield world.
  • Saddisticspeller
    853 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yeah platoon stacks need to be moved somewhere else.

Last night I had a game with me (only level 102) as the highest level and the enemy team had maybe 10 people under 100 and everyone else over 130. Not to mention 3 5 person platoon stacks.

Needless to say we got all capped in a matter of minutes.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    716 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I play only solo and wouldn't mind being shuffled to a different team, or having whole squads moved. I played a few games the other day where my team all capped 3 matches in a row. I didn't want to switch by myself and be slaughtered, so I just ended up quittng because it was no fun.
  • trip1ex
    2681 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    teams are static now. they don't swap squads around.
  • Saddisticspeller
    853 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Has anyone noticed that the 'Placed your squad in *insertfactionhere* using your skill' message that used to show up at the start of the game no longer shows up since the last patch? That might have something to do with current match balance.

Yeah now that you mention it I haven't seen it in a while.
  • l_water_l
    1099 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited March 10
    Shuffle every squad in the game at the end of every round. If you have more than one squad of platoon members in the server tough luck, have fun shooting each other. Seriously, how is this that hard? Shuffle all the squads at the end of every match.
  • PopsicleStealer
    952 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    trip1ex wrote: »

Not true, squads are still being moved from team to team between games.
  • I-Soldat-I
    1264 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The easiest way they could do it is by rank. I know rank doesn't mean skill but, every time I'm getting smashed a look at the board shows a low lvl scout and assault stacked team.

The other side has the 90's and higher medic stacked squads. It's too late now unfortunately. Maybe for next game they'll remember the complaints and implement a simple balancer.

I don't care what anyone says, Rank means everything. It's an indicator of how much time that person has played. When one team has even a small number of high rankers it is usually a win for that team
  • trip1ex
    2681 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited March 10

nope. they don't move. not like before at least. I mean if the numbers at the end of a game are 24-10 then yes you might get moved for next round. but before it was swapping squads most every round.
  • PopsicleStealer
    952 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

nope. they don't move. not like before at least. I mean if the numbers at the end of a game are 24-10 then yes you might get moved for next round. but before it was swapping squads most every round.

Usually top performing squads get moved. Yesterday I played 3 games in a row with some random OP squad, and each game we got moved to the other team because they lost every time.
  • bran1986
    3593 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I tried to play earlier and it was three straight stomps, it just isn't fun to play.
  • Jayremie570
    I-Soldat-I wrote: »

I don't care what anyone says, Rank means everything. It's an indicator of how much time that person has played. When one team has even a small number of high rankers it is usually a win for that team

I'm with you there, just heard it a thousand times. "Rank don't mean skill blah blah blah"...
  • bran1986
    3593 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    My guess is when they were trying to implement the mid round balancer, they broke the balancer completely and in their haste to rush to hurry Apocalypse out the door, released it completely broken. I played numerous games yesterday on different servers and every time I joined a winning side, I stayed winning, every time I joined a losing side, I would stay losing. On one server I had won 3 or 4 matches in a row, the losing side was down 29-18, so I team switched to help the losing team out, and was rewarded with 3 stomps in a row and a 4th loss that was close.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    716 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    I tried to play earlier and it was three straight stomps, it just isn't fun to play.

I just played for a bit again. 4 games in a row my team all capped and we just basically spawn camped the enemy. I stayed because I was taking advantage a little bit to do weapon assignments without any hassle, but it was boring as hell. And I know it must have been EXTREMELY frustrating to be on the other end of that. I played about 8-9 matches today, 2 were within 100 points, the rest were all caps or otherwise wide margin stomps.

And I did notice a high number of newbies in a couple of those stomps, I mean level 1-15.
  • stiII_no_name
    540 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yeah, the problem that I have is not that one round is unbalanced, but that it stays the way in the next one.

It's hard to balance beforehand, because rank etc. are not the best indicators (although they're probably not the worst too), but using data from the first round to balance the second one can't be that hard. A simple ABAB (or ABBA, or whatever) system that looks at the points in the last round, combined with filling empty spots according to rank should do much, MUCH better than the system in place.

I don't have a problem with platoons, an odd number of good squads shouldn't have huge impact in 64 player gamemodes (small gamemodes are a completely different topic).
  • ZOMBIE_BAIT_368
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You can pretty much tell which team is going to win a match in the first minute of the game. Whichever team has the squad of guys in the car assaulting the middle flag first almost always wins. The side with the whole team, including tanks, stopped at the first flag always loses. The first team starts gaining a lead so then people jump ship or just give up. Comebacks are near impossible once you’ve let a team get so far ahead of you. Once your team hits around the 200 point lead mark almost all tension drops from the game because you know that there is almost nothing they can do to win. It just becomes a potato harvesting venture.

So many games I’ve jumped into are like 300 to 500 with the losing team missing like 6 people. Everybody knows at that point who will win. Never mind the frequent games that are like 300 to 700. Even if you cap every flag on the map but one, I’m pretty sure you just can’t win.

You can also tell who’s going to win by what rank and class you’re up against. The more level 100+ medics you have the more chance of success. The more level 30 assault / scout players you have the more likely you are to lose.

There are many factors at play here. The community for the most part, is **** terrible. They play crap classes, have terrible kill death ratios and mostly just blindly attack head first into the most defended part of the line. Flanking is not part of their vocabulary. The scoring system also sucks. It means that when competent players are put on losing teams, it is usually too late to make a difference. It’s funny when you get into a match, push the enemy team back to two flags and yet they’re still matching you in score. You glance at the killfeed and there is nothing but blueberries being slaughtered at like a 4 to 1 ratio.

• Alphazetamu
    585 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I think a lot of people have noticed that it's got a lot worse since ttk 2.0/apocalypse, especially defenders win much more on ops than before because it's harder to cross open terrain without getting hammered. Personally, I'm doing better under ttk 2.0 (on average over all classes, even scout), but it's true I'm not as aggressive as before.