OPERATIONS: Spotting enemies FTW & Moving the Dreadnoguht Closer to Shore

SneakyGunman
384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited March 2018
It's great to see people taking a special interest in Operations.
You Like Operations...I Like Operations. We agree (for the most part).
But there is one one aspect of Operations that needs the player base to co-op with. Spotting...
---
You see, if we as a team don't spot, we usually don't win. I do my part. Because a squad flanking 10 players...perhaps snipers...just say.
Will only cause us to halt our advances if 3 players on opposing team take out 10 players on our team because...you guessed it...no one will spot them.
---
I get it, sometimes, you thought you had a bead on them. Then for whatever reason, they had the bead on YOU. it happens. It's part of the game.
However, if you don't spot them they have the advantage that YOU gave them when you didn't spot them. Allowing them to raise their K/D indiscriminately at our Team's Expense.
---
So for the love of all things good. Teach your team mates the importance of Spotting. I know nearly most here either do it or say they do it. But if we can get just half the team spotting.
It allows us the ability to advance and cap flags on offense. And, we can properly stop flag captures. Or, most importantly re-cap flags on defense.
It makes for a wonderful experience for everyone involved.
---
Also, if one is navigator for the Dreadnought. Please bring it closer towards shore so your new found buddies, using the other guns on the ship, can contribute towards taking out opponents.
I understand you want that ship to last as long as possible but we all know it hasn't and it won't no matter how much one navigates the boat out to sea.
---
Again, I know folks on this forum are team players and know how to play BF as a whole. But I have found that some that I have played with simply don't understand the mechanics of how BF nor how BF: Operations works.
It's like everything and everywhere COD. Teaching them helps and most are willing to learn if told.

Comments

• UraniumReaper
    594 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I agree man, sporting is integral to the success of the team. It bothers me how there can be anywhere from 5-15 scout players but none shooting flares out.
  • Phat_Helmet
    2164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited March 2018
    But there is one one aspect of Operations that needs the player base to co-op with. Spotting...
    ---
    You see, if we as a team don't spot, we usually don't win. I do my part. Because a squad flanking 10 players...perhaps snipers...just say.
    Will only cause us to halt our advances if 3 players on opposing team take out 10 players on our team because...you guessed it...no one will spot them.
    ---
    I get it, sometimes, you thought you had a bead on them. Then for whatever reason, they had the bead on YOU. it happens. It's part of the game.
    However, if you don't spot them they have the advantage that YOU gave them when you didn't spot them. Allowing them to raise their K/D indiscriminately at our Team's Expense.
    ---
    So for the love of all things good. Teach your team mates the importance of Spotting. I know nearly most here either do it or say they do it. But if we can get just half the team spotting.
    It allows us the ability to advance and cap flags on offense. And, we can properly stop flag captures. Or, most importantly re-cap flags on defense.
    ---
    Also, if one is navigator for the Dreadnought. Please bring it closer towards shore so your new found buddies, using the other guns on the ship, can contribute towards taking out opponents.
    I understand you want that ship to last as long as possible but we all know it hasn't and it won't no matter how much one navigates the boat out to sea.
    ---
    Again, I know folks on this forum are team players and know how to play BF as a whole. But I have found that some that I have played with simply don't understand the mechanics of how BF nor how BF: Operations works.
    It's like everything and everywhere COD. Teaching them helps and most are willing to learn if told.

As far as the Dreadnought: Nope. Bringing it closer only gets it killed faster since now it’s being hit by devastating artillary.

The AA guns should be 1) primarily focused on the torpedo boats and 2) watching for the rare airplanes making suicide runs...NOT shooting at land targets.
  • SneakyGunman
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2018
    ---
    ---
    ---
    ---
    ---

As far as the Dreadnought: Nope. Bringing it closer only gets it killed faster since now it’s being hit by devastating artillary.

The AA guns should be 1) primarily focused on the torpedo boats and 2) watching for the rare airplanes making suicide runs...NOT shooting at land targets.

I disagree if nothing more then the lack of team play exhibited in your response. Here is the flaw in your statement.
    -
    1. The gunners have a very short range. Some still don't know that the person they are trying to shoot isn't even in range do to the calculus levels of angles one must shoot at before even realizing something is off.
    -
    2. Even if there are plans and boats nearby if they don't come in real close (And they normally don't) they have and continue to pick off the dreadnought from a distance just out of reach of the guns.. This is another flaw to your opinion. True, I think the gun's range is way to short of the Dreadnought. But I also think the cool down timer for the front gun on the train is way to long since it's the 1st thing and only weapon on the train that gets disabled 2-4 times during the train's life. But that's another subject, I digress.
    -
    But I have more...
    -
    3. People don't activity seek gunner position at the start of a round on the dreadnought. They want the captain's chair. When they don't get it and are forced to sit there waiting for something to happen they leave. Or, better yet, as mentioned earlier, everything is out of gun range making the gunner's chair useless!!!!
    Which Brings us to Point 3.
    -
    3. When you do need someone to help with air/sea craft (which is rare I must add unless in Operations) at most no more then about 1-4 ships or aircraft combined total at any given time. Most people have left the gunner's chair to join the battle on land because all your doing is sitting there doing nothing. This isn't what I nor others expect nor desire when I join an Operation. This leaved the occasional spawner to join in seeing the boat already taking damage motivating them to also leave the boat.
    -
    4. As the captain of the dreadnought ignoring your gunners requests for some sort of action when clearly there isn't any (as I've never seen a Captain communicate via chat to their gunners) will only annoy your team mates. You say that "your job is to defend the boat" in this thread but I've never seen this sort of talk in game. And more then likely, never will.
    -
    5. Lets be real, one is only being selfish trying to get artillery kills at the expense of your gunners sitting there with nothing to do in a Operation match.
  • boutneus
    2484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited March 2018
    AA gunners should NOT be shooting at land targets. They so focused they ignoring the torpedo boat right next to them or the bomber flying way up. All you need to do as a dreadnought is stay close enough to shore to provide AA cover for your airplanes and to have the broadside facing towards the spawn/objectives so planes are easily spotted coming in and the 2nd gun doing its thing.
    Parking the dreadnought near the beach is a newb strategy which lets everything and their mother take free shots at you. Not to mention messing up the aim from being in shallow waters and derping, and shots being blocked by walls etc.
    Fun fact: if you’re in the driver seat of the dreadnought you can spot the entire enemy team constantly just by spamming the spot button as long as you have the high ground

Also if you feel like there is not much to do in the AA seat you can also insta respawn from the dreadnought and go cap. You don’t HAVE to sit in the AA seat
  • TheXBOXFan
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Speaking of moving Dreadnoughts close to shore, yesterday I was playing as the attacking Italians on Operation Iron Walls, we took the first map without loosing a battalion. So then the other team got a Dreadnought on Empires edge. With in 3 minutes one of them managed to get the thing stuck against the shore line, and it was hilarious, most of our team was jumping on the ship and throwing explosives everywhere. By the way operations is so much fun I hope it returns in the next Battlefield.
  • Hawxxeye
    7554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    All these people who do not spot deny their team an incredible advantage
  • SneakyGunman
    ---
    ---
    ---
    ---
    ---

I disagree. The biggest problem is that some forget this is Operations and not TDM in da Sea. When people spawn on the Dreadnaught at the start of a match they are looking to be Captain not the gunner.
    ---
    1. Gunner's will leave the dreadnought leaving you vulnerable to aircraft and boats because they have nothing to do. I know you know better then to think that randoms are suppose to look at a monitor for 5-10 minutes doing nothing.
    2. Opponents in Planes and Boats already know that the gunner firing range is very limited. Just stay out of range and have fun! Defeats the purpose of having gunners (to yourself for this).
    3. Therefore, by staying out in the open sea you are essential hogging an entire dreadnought to yourself for the sole purpose of Artillery strikes with the sole idea of "I got here first" attitude.
    4. This to me happens often enough were i left and no one took my place. If they did by the time I re-spawn I still got the same seat I left. By then the ship has do much damage it's going down anyway.
    5. Lets be honest, Artillery for the dreadnought isn't OP. You be lucky to get any consistent multi-kills with it. Although I do recall that being possible before TTK 2.0. But I digress.
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3076 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sorry but hitting the spot button is just to hard, the RB bumper is to far from the RT trigger button, to move my index finger them few MM and the time it takes to look at the control so I can see where RB is usually means I've forget why I was wanting to spot in the first place.

And don't tell me How to use the boat if I'm in a game with you and I'm the captain you will see the battleship on the beach in the thick of the enemy team, with the ships Vuvuzela blaring to inspire the team foward, just wish the guy in the back of the ship wouldn't keep sending me hate mail not my fault he can't hit anything he needs to improve his aim the scrub.
  • kreepypriest
    441 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    had a dreadnaught captain go afk...wasn’t sure if he/she/it did that on purpose.
  • Phat_Helmet
    2164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    ---
    ---
    ---
    ---
    ---

I disagree. The biggest problem is that some forget this is Operations and not TDM in da Sea. When people spawn on the Dreadnaught at the start of a match they are looking to be Captain not the gunner.
    ---
    1. Gunner's will leave the dreadnought leaving you vulnerable to aircraft and boats because they have nothing to do. I know you know better then to think that randoms are suppose to look at a monitor for 5-10 minutes doing nothing.
    2. Opponents in Planes and Boats already know that the gunner firing range is very limited. Just stay out of range and have fun! Defeats the purpose of having gunners (to yourself for this).
    3. Therefore, by staying out in the open sea you are essential hogging an entire dreadnought to yourself for the sole purpose of Artillery strikes with the sole idea of "I got here first" attitude.
    4. This to me happens often enough were i left and no one took my place. If they did by the time I re-spawn I still got the same seat I left. By then the ship has do much damage it's going down anyway.
    5. Lets be honest, Artillery for the dreadnought isn't OP. You be lucky to get any consistent multi-kills with it. Although I do recall that being possible before TTK 2.0. But I digress.

1) Nope, good gunners will stay and shoot torpedo boats, as I always do. At least on PC, they are continually coming straight at the Dread. There almost no waiting.
    2)most torpedo boat drivers are idiots and will come into range every time.
    3)Nah. Further, I’m da captain now.
    4)never had that happen.