Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

What is a "pro"

defender465
272 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
When someone says like the "'pro's" what exactly are they talking about. Competitive battlefield isn't really a thing lol.

Comments

• BaronVonGoon
    2129 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yea there are no pros in Battlefield. Professional generally means someone who gets paid to do something. There are CS:GO pros. In Battlefield we only have comp players but not much of a comp scene. Tournament prize money in BF doesn't make you a pro. Youd have to earn regular money to be classified as pro.
  • defender465
    272 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    I think it's funny when people in the forums talk about the "pro's" i'm always laugh when someone puts pro and battlefield in the same sentence.
  • WALKINGCORPSE1
    418 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    the guy with the name pro46234768, he must be a pro, right? lol
  • Thieves1988
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I think it's funny when people in the forums talk about the "pro's" i'm always laugh when someone puts pro and battlefield in the same sentence.

I always laugh when people call a gun OP because it's easy to kill people with it.
  • parkingbrake
    861 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I was in a game last week where two players announced that they were "semi-pro" gamers. Needless to say that was the source of considerable amusement for everyone else, and they took a lot of ribbing over it.

Aside from there being nobody who makes his living playing BF, I suppose we could consider "pro" to have the meaning of someone who is exceptionally good at something in BF. E.g., "He's a real pro at driving tanks in BF4", or, "He's a pro sniper, that's all he does in BF4". In those cases we wouldn't be suggesting the player makes a living doing those things, merely that's he especially dedicated to and presumably good at doing them. Of course the possibility of sarcasm in using that term has to be taken into account.
  • KorpusDraige
    1287 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah, no one really gets paid to play this. However, why laugh about the term "pro", getting paid doesn't mean you're automatically good, does it? No. If actual money was involved, there would already be lots of players who are on top teams that would be classified as professionals, I'm sure. Take some of the most fiercest dogfighters, they train hard to get where they're at and nobody else can touch them. They would definitely be classified as professional as well, if it were a thing.
  • CoddOfDuty
    1015 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited August 2016
    To me a pro is someone who getting payed as @Nobel83-9 said. But that means that youtubers and twitch streamers that getting payed for their videos/streams are pros too but at the same time it doesnt feel right to call any one of them 'pro'. Donno why :( I have read posts here on the forum where someone using lvlcap and pro in the same sentence.

I would call the people that played ESL championship and so on for pros, no matter if you want to admit that there was a competitive scene or not.
  • unctheels
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i guess theyre referring to the Battlefield youtubers who have insane KDR's. although like these other posters said, youre technically not a pro unless you get paid to play the game.
  • BurtTheBlueberry
    241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Pro is a term used loosely as a very competent player in a game. Technically it's someone that makes money off the game.I wouldn't say the you tubers and twitch streamers are pro bf4 players because the income is from twitch or YouTube, the game played can change and they'd still make money.

For the most part a battlefield pro is usually a seasoned competitive player of notable skill. Since there exists no way to make a living wage off of this game, there are no pros in the strictest definition, only pro grade skills etc.

Anyone making money off this game through twitch/youtube is doing so through the entertainment value of watching them play.
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    Any gamer with "leet", "pro", "MVP", "Super", or "I iz tha BEST" in their gamer names.
  • DeathByFeathers
    1622 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Lordmang4 wrote: »
    Any gamer with "leet", "pro", "MVP", "Super", or "I iz tha BEST" in their gamer names.

HaX, W33D, and 133t are also acceptable
  • CoddOfDuty
    1015 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited August 2016

YOLO 420BLAZEIT
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    GaM3R, ThUgLyfe
  • meowpewpewmeow
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professional meant i guess.
    and no, both "competive", professionalism and bf are completely irrelevant things for each others. for good.
  • Dark_Dragon279
    620 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    MacroGyver wrote: »

YOLO 420BLAZEIT

REKT R3KT PR0 MLG FaZe 69 Double XX on both sides of the gamer tag
  • DeathByFeathers
    1622 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 2016

YOLO 420BLAZEIT

[69]Xx_420BLAZ1N00BW3KR_xX
  • BaronVonGoon
    2129 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    GaM3R, ThUgLyfe

Lol I could never figure out the obsession with uppercase letters followed by lowercase followed by uppercase. Is it a teen thing?
  • Dark_Dragon279

YOLO 420BLAZEIT

[R3KT]Xx_FaZePUSSYSLAYER420MLG69_xX
  • DeathByFeathers

YOLO 420BLAZEIT

We're going to have to hide this thread so that no one gets any smart ideas of making these MLG names their own
  • Dark_Dragon279

YOLO 420BLAZEIT

We're going to have to hide this thread so that no one gets any smart ideas of making these MLG names their own

What have we done...we gave away the secrets to making the most MLG names ever...