Aircraft Controls

Claypole1
386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I just joined an Air Assault game, and for some reason my airplane handling seemed all messed up. I went to slightly bank right, and performed about 6 barrel rolls. Has anybody else noticed this?

Comments

• DonSharkito
    800 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Go on an empty server and try the different control layouts that are available, then stick with the one that is the most comfortable to you. I never bothered flying a few months ago because as soon I spawned a plane I crashed immediately, being unable to properly control it. The default controls really sucked from my perspective and for some reason the southpaw veteran controls sealed the deal. Flying is not hard in this game as soon as you have the proper controls and settings, the rest is just practice.
  • Claypole1
    386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I did check the control sensitivity, it was at 100% for some strange reason. I don’t know what it was before, so I’ve messed around with it, but still get it perfect....
  • DonSharkito
    800 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Do you play on console?
  • Claypole1
    Yes, PS4. Looks like some settings got screwed up...
  • DonSharkito
    In the long run, I would advise you to to set "vehicle sensitivity" at 100%, and further in the options (in a further tab), "plane sensitivity" at 200%. In this tab you will have to lower the other vehicle sensitivities (tank etc...) proportionally to reflect your increase to 100% vehicle sensitivity.

Why doing that?

With those changes you will be able to manoeuvre the plane at its maximum capacities. If you stick with "lower" sensitivites, other planes will be able to outmanoeuvre/out turn you.
  • Claypole1
    It goes to 200%? That probably explains why my airplane seem a bit less nimble than everybody else’s. Cheers!