Anyone out here who does their job? And use mic?

Comments

• A_al_K_pacino_A
    217 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I bought myself a headset but can't use it as it blocks out absolutely every other sound. Phone ringing? Nope. Knock on the front door? Nope. Someone speaking to me about 3 feet away?
  • kampkaos_420_
    2675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I bought myself a headset but can't use it as it blocks out absolutely every other sound. Phone ringing? Nope. Knock on the front door? Nope. Someone speaking to me about 3 feet away?

Isn't that the purpose though? To hear the battlefield footsteps around you and not the garbage truck outside or the neighbors dog barking.

I definitely noticed the difference when I got a decent pair. No more ninjas sneaking up behind me along with better direction awareness to each individual sound.

I do sometimes slide them off one ear abit to converse with household.
  • zoinkersScoob
    243 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, headphones is ace.
    For playing.
    Not having another kind of life.
  • Pelliy
    1993 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Claypole1 wrote: »
    We can talk to each other in BF1? I’ve yet to hear one person utter one word since day one. I thought it was broken...

I get your point, Clay, I really do. Still, I'm usually one of those randoms who keeps VOIP (in-game chat) turned off. Why? Background noise from too many players is freaking ridiculous! Here is a small sample of audio I don't need in my headset: your girlfriend or boyfriend/roommate/family talking (loudly!) in the background, your music, the television or radio someone turned on near where you're sitting, the sound of your bong, the sound of your potato chips, the list goes on. Other players speaking a non-English language is a problem (for me) too, but that's to be expected. I know I sound like somebody's cranky old grandpa, but ffs have some consideration.

I use a mic and communicate, but I see and understand your point. Generally for me, its players that want to be "commander" and not really communicate with the team. A sweat, that tries hard that yells at his teammates to go to wrong objectives so we can end up getting squad wiped.

There was a guy that was mad at me for not reviving him. You died out in the open multiple times. You are new to the game , level 60. Dude, I can't pick you up if you keep dying in bad spots. I'm a medic. I have to look out for you in addition to the whole team. He didn't understand that. Anyway, that game I lead the team in revives and kills. He shut up after that.
  • Up2you2011
    40 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Imabaka70 wrote: »
    That's what's up you guys
    I'm kamikaze_ninja75

Maybe it's the fact I'm in the service. Trained to work as a team so I take that mindset into the game lol. Even playing with inexperienced people is not bad as long as communication is solid. Learn from each other homie^^

The service might help but it comes down to common sense. To see a problem and fix it, to have the foresight to understand a situation and adapt, learn from your mistakes, and gain skills by being open minded.

For most of us it comes second nature, see and react. If your an old fart like me, you noticed this has been building the last 20 years. Common sense is losing to dependency.

Common sense becoming so rare it's almost a super power lol

• ronybaloney
    241 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    We can talk to each other in BF1? I’ve yet to hear one person utter one word since day one. I thought it was broken...

I get your point, Clay, I really do. Still, I'm usually one of those randoms who keeps VOIP (in-game chat) turned off. Why? Background noise from too many players is freaking ridiculous! Here is a small sample of audio I don't need in my headset: your girlfriend or boyfriend/roommate/family talking (loudly!) in the background, your music, the television or radio someone turned on near where you're sitting, the sound of your bong, the sound of your potato chips, the list goes on. Other players speaking a non-English language is a problem (for me) too, but that's to be expected. I know I sound like somebody's cranky old grandpa, but ffs have some consideration.

I hear ya man. I once heard a guy taking a **** and flushing the toilet. Not really what I want to hear when I'm dodging bullets. lol.
  • Imabaka70
    2422 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I hear ya man. I once heard a guy taking a **** and flushing the toilet. Not really what I want to hear when I'm dodging bullets. lol.

It was the colonel 100 and his shhht bucket
  • Pelliy
    1993 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Was he gaming on his laptop or something? What the..
  • IIRogueMachineII
    1311 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2018
    Recently turned VOIP back on I must have switched it off, I though it was quiet in comparison to BF4!! Nearly 600 hours in!! So far it’s been foreign languages and people talking to someone else presumably in the room. Now I remember why I must have switched it off.
    Post edited by IIRogueMachineII on
  • FightinFinn187
    722 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I would use a mic, but every time I do. I am hit in the face with a childish man baby complaining about how "this guy killed me, he must be cheating!" with an ample dose of derogatory remarks or belly aching about our squad, because we won't zerg into a meatgrinder that he has died a half dozen times in, trying to push through.
  • Chillmatik_86
    2369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I would use a mic, but every time I do. I am hit in the face with a childish man baby complaining about how "this guy killed me, he must be cheating!" with an ample dose of derogatory remarks or belly aching about our squad, because we won't zerg into a meatgrinder that he has died a half dozen times in, trying to push through.

Sounds like you've been playing a lot of CoD to me :D

Communication can be decisive in certain situations, i choose to only communicate with ps4freinds i regularly squad up with, not with randoms, when randomly playing i tend to tank/ bomber up while listening to some 60's/70's blues, chilled out :)
  • Pelliy

Communication can be decisive in certain situations, i choose to only communicate with ps4freinds i regularly squad up with, not with randoms, when randomly playing i tend to tank/ bomber up while listening to some 60's/70's blues, chilled out :)

Happens alot in bf, hackusations and WTFing at stuff.
  • Chillmatik_86
    2369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2018

I have to admit i can imagine, especially with the amount of salt spicing this forum, the BF and CoD community aren't that different. Before i turned my ps4 notifications to friends only i did recieve quite a few salty messages, even tho' it was always fun to read, after a while it does get a bit booring, and coming from CoD myself, first thing i did when i started playing BF1 was turning voip off, just to prevent some screaming kids messing up my speakers... :D

Edit: every now and then i do some cursing aswell :) "part of the job"
  • FightinFinn187
    722 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I have to admit i can imagine, especially with the amount of salt spicing this forum, the BF and CoD community aren't that different. Before i turned my ps4 notifications to friends only i did recieve quite a few salty messages, even tho' it was always fun to read, after a while it does get a bit booring, and coming from CoD myself, first thing i did when i started playing BF1 was turning voip off, just to prevent some screaming kids messing up my speakers... :D

I did the same with mine, but I did so because of the amount of spoof accounts sending me friend requests and messages, talking to me like they know me. I truly miss the salt messages I used to get.
  • blindsniper63
    2415 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Nothing worse than having a General swearing at a Shotgun user, ringing his bell loudly to attract his sons so they can bring me a beer or the Generals daughter shouting Hi H
    @Chillmatik_86 @dcs500 @Moorlander @obisearch @lordmay and of course @hjm600rr
  • kreepypriest
    388 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    it’s funny seeing the whole blob of blue berries cap a flag..the all horde across the map for the next one while two tanks are rolling in to recap...the friends i play with always play defence..we get the most vehicle destroys,revives and supplies..why don’t people defend any more.
  • Pelliy

I don't get those as much as I prefer pc over my ps4 version but man I wish i got those salty messages. Its always so funny to read on forums.
  • hjm600rr
    210 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Nothing worse than having a General swearing at a Shotgun user, ringing his bell loudly to attract his sons so they can bring me a beer or the Generals daughter shouting Hi H
    @Chillmatik_86 @dcs500 @Moorlander @obisearch @lordmay and of course @hjm600rr

you're daughter is legend @blindsniper63 hehe greets H
  • MAILBOMB
    291 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Imabaka70 wrote: »

It was the colonel 100 and his shhht bucket

Lmao
  • Skill4Reel
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't need to be on a mic to do my job in this game. It's called paying attention, and being a team player regardless.