Anyone out here who does their job? And use mic?

13»

Comments

• Whanrow
    131 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    I definitely qualify as an old fart - gaming since before Pong! Vic 20, Commodore 64, Intellivision, the list goes on. I could quote and respond to a bunch of you in agreement.

I always have my mic on, but also usually the only thing I get to do is swear at all the idiots, so in fairness, I'm likely muted most of the time. :)

I don't want to hear your wife, stereo, or dog. I EXPECT you to revive me when you run right by me. I EXPECT you to give me some ammo when I stand in front of you and ask for ammo.

Spotting? - I love to sit back and spot. A couple of my friends are very lazy about spotting so what I do is tell them to watch - I spot a guy, and somebody kills him in seconds, then rinse, repeat. You can swing a game just by spotting!

I go along with the other old fart - seems to be just like society has become - no common manners or respect for others. Like buddy who lets the Walmart door go in your face, or when you hold the door he walks through like it's the least you can do since he's special.

My wife has a good saying for what society has become - "It's all about ME ME ME!!!!" Even the latest Coke commercial says "Just do you!!!"

NO, there are a few billion other people in the world to think about other than yourself! And if you think the supposed anonymity of the internet means you don't need any manners, think again! Karma baby!

I do find bf1 does not seem to encourage teamwork as much as bf4, but am not sure exactly why, or what they could to to try and help improve it.

I know almost above anything, improving the erratic hit detection would go a long way in helping general frustration level for me though.

I've design and implemented software Acceptance Test Plans for many years, and this game has had some defects since day 1 that should have stopped it ever leaving the test environment...but that's another issue for another day...

Edit: Oh I just had to come back and say this - STOP hitting SKIP when I'm reviving you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Something I also don't understand its that I mostly play late at night - after 10 up to about 2-3 am. There shouldn't be any silly kids at that time, which means all the idiots that are so stupid and useless, are not kids - they're adults.
    Post edited by Whanrow on
  • MayorMarionBarry
    2045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You are not entitled to my ammo, my syringe or my health.

Damn kids and your entitlement mentality.
  • rocketjumper420
    30 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I play domination a lot and have a mic and play alot on me days off. Psn: javiseventy8 Have mic, mostly play medic, sniopah. Also gonna be 42 on 420! Favorite weapon these days s the al8.35 marksman. Once you control thr recoil, fools get dropped at mid range.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6051 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't use a mic. The game won't let me troll the people I kill so what's the point of putting on a mic.
  • SupaNinja75
    7 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I don't use a mic. The game won't let me troll the people I kill so what's the point of putting on a mic.

I'm sure I was stressing teamwork cuz that wins matches. Kills alone won't win games like operations or conquest.
  • smayday1
    8 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not sure if it's generational thing. I'm generalizing but the younger generation don't like to talk it seems. Yet coordination and communication is key to this game. Otherwise our military would switch to everyone just communicating via text message lol.
  • -Antares65z
    1409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Do many people use their mic in this game? I don't but I also just started playing this game on console. On PC I've turned it off because most of the time it's obnoxious people yelling and breathing hard in their mics. Most the time you can't even understand what they're saying. Same way on consoles?
  • Zooboid
    911 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don’t use mic but I always do my job. Prefer being a casual and hate the gibberish others insist on pumping out through theirs.
  • wadegeoffrey
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You can add me. I have a mic and I play the role.
    wgeoff5150