This Week in Battlefield V

Von Trapp or SM U-5?

BoWinston
952 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
As my favorite Scout Rifle is the Gewehr M.95, I find it funny that there is a minor bug on the new all-black Legendary skin for it. I saw originally a few weeks ago it was called "The Von Trapp" and then recently it was changed to "The SM U-5." After getting the skin this week, it is still called "The Von Trapp" in the Customize Soldier menu and in the top squad end of round highlight screen.

As I like the history behind these names, I'm curious what others prefer to DICE's indecision. Von Trapp obviously refers to Capt Von Trapp of the Austrian Navy made famous in the great musical "The Sound of Music." SM U-5 refers to only 1 of 3 Austrian submarines that survived the War and was commanded by Von Trapp at one time during it.

Personally I think they should've just stuck with Von Trapp because it goes with other M.95 Legendary:

Comments

• CS-2107
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I would prefer SM U-5 because that name is more unique in the skins cathegory.
  • stiII_no_name
    540 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Fun fact: almost nobody in Austria knows this movie.
  • MettMoxxi
    272 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Fun fact: almost nobody in Austria knows this movie.

Dafür habt ihr krasse Germknödel *lechz*

It's kinda weird to name a legendary skin after a submarine at least imo.