Being killed FAST by high ping players

DjIzee
4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Hello I’m being killed my players that have 100-200 ping while mine ranges from 60-90. The high ping players seem like their ping is like 10-20 it’s ridiculous.
Anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• shaunlake1344
    547 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yep, can't play this game with low lag anymore. I'll only play on US servers with my lag in the 90-120ms region. Game plays much better the closer you are to average. If you play this game with low lag two things happen, first the high lagger sees you first, you've got a major disadvantage in heads up engagements. Second you get hit by clumps of bullets which kill you instantly giving you no opportunity to evade.
  • IIRogueMachineII
    1219 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited March 27
    I am vehemently anti high ping players. I got killed by a prone MG1917 which felt like a sniper, I mean I know there accurate but blimey every bullet hit me at once!! This whole high ping player cancer is ridiculous. If only EA would actually spend money on servers to cover every region but oh no just give high ping players a see first hit first kill first advantage.
    Post edited by IIRogueMachineII on
  • MurfCr
    921 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Holy hell...I just played a few games with a BUNCH of OOR Japanese players..it was just awful.....3/4 of server on W. US were 120-145. I could not ever get a stabbing on some of these clowns.. roast them with the flame trooper...NOPE they just seem to insta kill you.
  • DjIzee
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yes EXACTLY. I play on the EU servers because they are the closest to me and my ping ranges from 70-90 which is pretty good yet i get rinsed by 200+ ping players . But when I play on US EAST servers were my ping is 150-180 I have a much better experience with the enemy not rinsing me so quickly BUT my bullet registration is wack :(
    I used to love this game so much but now everytime I open it I’m just like eeeuuuuhgghhgg god.
  • DjIzee
    digga11 wrote: »
    Post above is correct. Search for threads discussing high ping or look in the hit detection thread on the xbox section for more info.
    @shaunlake1344 has also made some good posts and vids on his experiences along with others.
    Take care in the hit detection thread.
    Yep, can't play this game with low lag anymore. I'll only play on US servers with my lag in the 90-120ms region. Game plays much better the closer you are to average. If you play this game with low lag two things happen, first the high lagger sees you first, you've got a major disadvantage in heads up engagements. Second you get hit by clumps of bullets which kill you instantly giving you no opportunity to evade.

Yes EXACTLY. I play on the EU servers because they are the closest to me and my ping ranges from 70-90 which is pretty good yet i get rinsed by 200+ ping players . But when I play on US EAST servers were my ping is 150-180 I have a much better experience with the enemy not rinsing me so quickly BUT my bullet registration is wack :(
    I used to love this game so much but now everytime I open it I’m just like eeeuuuuhgghhgg god.
  • Kaiserkozy
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    MurfCr wrote: »
    Holy hell...I just played a few games with a BUNCH of OOR Japanese players..it was just awful.....3/4 of server on W. US were 120-145. I could not ever get a stabbing on some of these clowns.. roast them with the flame trooper...NOPE they just seem to insta kill you.
    When I play in Japanese servers my ping is usually below 5, I get a pretty bad gaming experience. Does enabling the option called "low ping compensation(or sthg)" change anything? I have noticed that many jp clans I know go to US W servers lately and not only to be able to play frontlines or rush but also on cq and ops. I apoplogize for their behaviour making you having a bad experience.
  • DjIzee
    I've done quite alot of testing, the hit delay kicks in between 130-160ms however it played fine at 171ms in that video, it's pretty random. For me I can play on EU servers at 26ms or US east at 85-120ms, this is the sweet spot for me. I won't play on EU servers unless it's my only choice and even then I don't normally last long. Whatever Dice has done with this compensation lag massively benifits people close to the sweet spot. What are those of us with good connections supposed to do? See if someone can fit us a dial up? Great until you want to play another game. This is only the third battlefield I've played, did the campaign on BF3 and about a month of hardline (both 2nd hand for a fiver) then this. This company is the absolute pits, punishing people for having good internet connections, it's ******* disgraceful.

Never again man, **** Dice. Yes they can make the best game but the arrogance they show towards their customers is appalling. Treat us like god damn fools. Just waiting for battalion 1944 or Insurgency to release then I'm going to try very hard to stop myself investing time or money with Dice in the future.

I know right??! It’s like I have to deliberately lower my internet so I can get a high ping in order to play?? My gosh all I want is that smooth gaming experience again. I’m not gonna f*** up my internet
  • digga11
    539 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Kaiserkozy wrote: »
    MurfCr wrote: »
    When I play in Japanese servers my ping is usually below 5, I get a pretty bad gaming experience. Does enabling the option called "low ping compensation(or sthg)" change anything? I have noticed that many jp clans I know go to US W servers lately and not only to be able to play frontlines or rush but also on cq and ops. I apoplogize for their behaviour making you having a bad experience.

No, low ping compensation should be used when things get jittery on your screen and will only introduce more lag. If you have low ping and good internet but still have issues with the game you may as well play oor.
    I’ve wasted a lot of time messing with routers and internet to make no difference at all.
    When first released the game played reasonably well probably till March last year then went downhill from there.
    If you don’t want to play oor try smaller game modes they tend to run slightly better.
    Good look.
  • shaunlake1344
    Yes, it was after a patch. I remember the game just went mad, I'd started playing on release day. I had a scout bayonet charge me which he missed, during which I unloaded two m1911 clips at him, no hits. I recorded the clip and watched it in slow mo about 30 times, I thought the game had been hacked. I'd never seen anything like it. Downhill ever since.
  • digga11
    539 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yes, it was after a patch. I remember the game just went mad, I'd started playing on release day. I had a scout bayonet charge me which he missed, during which I unloaded two m1911 clips at him, no hits. I recorded the clip and watched it in slow mo about 30 times, I thought the game had been hacked. I'd never seen anything like it. Downhill ever since.

Ive just seen a update has dropped but I’m out of the country so it’ll be interesting to see if it helps as I’ve never seen it this bad but I won’t hold my breath.

• shaunlake1344
    Ha, I doubt it. Why fix the game when you've got new guns to make? I mean that rifle that converted to a SLR then a SMG is a real game changer. Having a 9 round SMG has sent my stats through the roof.

• DjIzee
    digga11 wrote: »

Ive just seen a update has dropped but I’m out of the country so it’ll be interesting to see if it helps as I’ve never seen it this bad but I won’t hold my breath.
    nope the Easter update provides absolutely nothing regarding our issues. It just includes so bull bull and it also has a bug coz they added in some new bull crap feature that no one cares about.

• X_justhaze_X
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I've done quite alot of testing, the hit delay kicks in between 130-160ms however it played fine at 171ms in that video, it's pretty random. For me I can play on EU servers at 26ms or US east at 85-120ms, this is the sweet spot for me. I won't play on EU servers unless it's my only choice and even then I don't normally last long. Whatever Dice has done with this compensation lag massively benifits people close to the sweet spot. What are those of us with good connections supposed to do? See if someone can fit us a dial up? Great until you want to play another game. This is only the third battlefield I've played, did the campaign on BF3 and about a month of hardline (both 2nd hand for a fiver) then this. This company is the absolute pits, punishing people for having good internet connections, it's ******* disgraceful.

Never again man, **** Dice. Yes they can make the best game but the arrogance they show towards their customers is appalling. Treat us like god damn fools. Just waiting for battalion 1944 or Insurgency to release then I'm going to try very hard to stop myself investing time or money with Dice in the future.

So done with Diced/Electronic Amateurs. Never thought I'd say this but I hope BF 2018 bombs and fails hard. No amount of trendy niche dubstep, staged only in BF moments interviews or sponsored Gillette Jet Mach 4 razors are gonna do it. They really did fake Bf moment interviews to hype BF4. This company used to care before E.A. assumed the position of corporate fluffers.
  • a7thsonofa7thson
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I’m in US W, and I always try to play US E servers. They just seem way more balanced with my ping at 80. US W servers are 30 ping for me and there is a lot more lag.
  • -Antares65z
    1164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

So what you're saying is that you'll have more success overall playing with a 90-100 or so ping, compared to playing with a 20-30 ping?
  • shaunlake1344
    I'm not sure I'd say that, just that I find the game so frustrating playing at 26ms I can't stick at it long enough to get any momentum and I found myself playing much less. The problem with low lag is you don't get hit by individual bullets (figuratively), you get hit by packets of data containing enough bullets to kill you. You also get such a higher percentage of hits missing. Play at 100ms and all these problems go away, your shots register much better and you can evade bullets. Because I enjoy it much more I play more and my scores get better. All my recent sessions are playing OOR and my stats are all up.