OHK Gas Cloud

SneakyGunman
384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
I've witness a gas grenade with 1 whiff and cough you insta dead with 100% health. It's like a OHK gas cloud.
It happens ever so often. But it has happens enough for me to reach out to the community to inquire about it.
Has anyone else noticed this before? Is there an upgrade to the gas grenade?

Comments

• YOS123
    887 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Are you sure that you weren’t low on health?
  • UraniumReaper
    594 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I've witness a gas grenade with 1 whiff and cough you insta dead with 100% health. It's like a OHK gas cloud.
    It happens ever so often. But it has happens enough for me to reach out to the community to inquire about it.
    Has anyone else noticed this before? Is there an upgrade to the gas grenade?

Which map (s) have you noticed it on?
  • stiII_no_name
    540 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Is it possible that somebody shot you right before the gas damage set in?
  • Sword-of-Cyric
    352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Could it be the Livens projector effect?

I bet on the livens projector too
  • SneakyGunman
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2018
    I don't recall the maps. It's random and on different ones. Operations if that helps.
    No, I wasn't shot. I am sometimes in a bunker and get rez'd with no problem. It's just a OHK once my man sniffs the stuff and it's always after 1 cough.
    At 1st I thought I was low on health but then realized that's not the case at all. Full health.
    --
    I have a tendency to put on the gas mask once I'm inside a bunker the cloud for some bit of cover. Sometimes it happens outside but there is cover.
    IE: Someone throws gas grenade inside a bunker. I'm behind cover. No line of sight for someone to pick me off. I cough, then I put on gas mask. WIth full health, I'm shown the respawn option. Unless someone rez's me. Once rez'd there is no incident. No fire fights, no dead enemies...nothing. We keep moving forward.
  • crswipe
    559 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    If you happen to get shot in the gas cloud, especially when spotted, you'll drop fast.
  • firechickenfan
    493 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This has happened to me as well. Full health, drop dead from gas. No other damage taken.
    Now it is possible that my experiences are due to license. But it has happened before the new maps.
  • SneakyGunman
    when you are at the respawn screen it shows gas as the object that got you.
  • Monranian
    166 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited March 2018
    Like others said, it's probably the Livens projector.
    However, if you are not playing on APOC maps, and you are sure that your health drop from 100 to 0 is 100% caused by the gas (no other damages taken), and you are playing on PC, it is *possible* that someone has used a damage-altering hack.
  • 187Bear
    578 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I died from gas last session I played, but get this: I did equip the gas mask. The death screen showed my dead with a gas mask on. Tried to take a screen shot but haven't checked if I got it.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2244 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Probably the same as when you seem to get OHK from a medic rifle etc when infact you have been hit 3-4 times - you only 'feel' like you have been hit once. So possibly you have gone into a gas cloud, been hity a couple times but the 'kill shot' was from the gas, so that's what shows up on the kill card
  • FritzCT
    333 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I've had this happen on lots of maps, certainly not just APOC, but also play Ops a lot and think it's in that mode at least mainly.

There's normally no warning and no gas cloud, or at least not a very dense one. When I see a gas cloud I usually enter anyway and prepare to deploy the mask as I'm never certain if it's friendly or not.

TBH I've always put it down to network/ lag/ graphics settings (so the cloud is actually denser than it shows on my screen and has been there longer than I realise).

Fritz
  • SongToRememberPS
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Never happened to me. My guess is that it is because of connection problems.
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think when you sprint you take more damage from gas as you are breathing in more?
  • disposalist
    8942 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    As with almost every single hackusation it's almost certain you received damage from an unknown source before the gas finished you off.

You only get to see what did the last 1 point of damage.
  • RossP317
    248 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As a self confessed Livens projector addict - it amazes me the number of players who pass it by and don't activate it - I often get instant kills using it and wondered if the actual drum landing on a player caused it?
  • SneakyGunman
    As stated before I was behind cover.
    Cover being the operative word. Meaning, I was not in a position to receive gun fire, grenades or other devices that would bring harm to the character in which I had control over. I further advised by entering in the gas cloud it provided additional cover. So, cover using the surrounding area. And visual cover by the gas cloud itself.
    Therefore, the only object which caused a OHK was the actual gas cloud itself. As depicted on the "respawn screen" which would indeed make it correct.
    ---
    Furthermore, if you read my earlier posts you will understand that it has happened in bunkers. I also advised that I don't recall which map but it was the current rotation from Operation Campaign. Those maps do not offer Livens. I did a quick search and found that the maps are called Conquer Hell, the other was Iron Walls. The name of the Campaign is: Fall of Empires. Which ended on March 26, 2018. None of which had the new maps with Livens in them.
    ---
    Thanks
  • ElliotLH
    9413 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Going out on a limb I wonder if it's something like the bullets from a high pinger hitting you all at once, except you received all the damage from the gas cloud in one packet rather than bullets? I'm probably totally wrong.
  • Fruxen
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2018
    I've noticed that sometimes in very dense fights with lots of players all gas clouds doesn't render visually. My guess is that there is a number cap of clouds in an area to keep framerate from dropping. So the gas cloud is still there and you take normal damage from it, but it's easy to miss when there is a lot of action around you and you don't see the green smoke.