Punkbuster perma Ban?!

Comments

• -LoVe-Selfs
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    So did i get this right? You dont even need to run anything on your PC, Its enought if you join a Server with has such an addon running? Im sorry, but how can i know what kind of addons run on a Server before i join them?

Since ive played CSGO for like 200h i know how a real cheating problem looks like, so i allways was quite happy with EAs anticheat, but if you start banning innocent people, we have a problem. I dindt changed anything on my PC since the Ban and i can play on my alt account just fine. I also dont think that my account got hacked somehow, cause ive checked the games played, they where all played by myself.
    If you want to Ban me, at least tell me why....its been a week since ive wrote the ticket to Even Balance and i still dont got any replys. If theres anything i can do to futher my point please tell me what i can do, cause this really bothers me.
  • UMADBRODENT
    104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Nawww, we were just off on a tangent. The addon applied directly to a user's installation. It wasn't server side.

I haven't heard anything back from EB in about a week either. At this point I doubt it'll happen, but I would have liked a response regardless.

I feel like the most likely reason people are banned is because of hacked/borrowed accounts.

Remember to keep your password unique and don't share it with anyone or write it down anywhere. Wasn't that how Paris Hilton's account got hacked? The password was her dog's name.

Also, hacked/borrowed accounts are a good target for hacking. Some stats which would stand out from a new user's activity would take a while to surface on a long-time player.

I play this game so much, I'd probably just buy it again (Premium too, but that's just me). Wait until a discount comes along, or see if you can find it cheaper on another site.
  • harry0ld
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Nawww, we were just off on a tangent. The addon applied directly to a user's installation. It wasn't server side.

I haven't heard anything back from EB in about a week either. At this point I doubt it'll happen, but I would have liked a response regardless.

I feel like the most likely reason people are banned is because of hacked/borrowed accounts.

Remember to keep your password unique and don't share it with anyone or write it down anywhere. Wasn't that how Paris Hilton's account got hacked? The password was her dog's name.

Also, hacked/borrowed accounts are a good target for hacking. Some stats which would stand out from a new user's activity would take a while to surface on a long-time player.

I play this game so much, I'd probably just buy it again (Premium too, but that's just me). Wait until a discount comes along, or see if you can find it cheaper on another site.

My account wasn't hacked or borrowed. I won't buy this game again knowing that I can be banned anytime by 3rd party service without any reason. I won't give my money to a company that doesn't care about its customers. That's not a good deal, thanks.
  • RustedRoot
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited April 2018
    ^ Keep hoping guys. Maybe EB will see this ban is banning innocent players. I'm sure some are actually cheating, but I have looked at the ban lists and quite a few of the 88001 and 88002 bans are on legit players. Players that are in no way cheating.

By the way, I am banned as well with 88001 and have never cheated(said every cheater...lol). Put in over 2000 hours in BF3 and over 1000 in BF4 and this is what I get.

I'm waiting on a response to my appeal as well.
    Post edited by RustedRoot on
  • UMADBRODENT
    104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    harry0ld wrote: »
    My account wasn't hacked or borrowed. I won't buy this game again knowing that I can be banned anytime by 3rd party service without any reason. I won't give my money to a company that doesn't care about its customers. That's not a good deal, thanks.

This is why I want to know more about what EB "Does" log.

If an IP address from another country suddenly logs into your account and gets you banned, why not force you to change a password and give you a second chance?

So you state this is an impossibility, which isn't. But let's for the sake of argument say this is the case, then something flagged your account from your computer.

What it was that flagged your account should point to something very specific which either falls in line with 'known' hacks or with 'something messed up which triggered your ban.'

If it's the latter, and there's only a handful of players who have been banned from this particular fingerprint, it's probably worth looking at (talking to you EB).

Given my perspective on forum posts around here and reddit, I feel like I'm playing russian roulette every time I play because of so many 'unfair bans.'
  • HH_LaVey_HH
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2018
    I have good idea. Collective lawsuit against EA. Maybe he is considering choosing an antycheater next time.
  • StarscreamUK
    7554 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I have good idea. Collective lawsuit against EA. Maybe he is considering choosing an antycheater next time.

1. surefire way to get a thread locked is to start making legal claims.
    2. think about what you said. sue them for what? EA havent banned you. Evenbalance have.
  • UMADBRODENT

1. surefire way to get a thread locked is to start making legal claims.
    2. think about what you said. sue them for what? EA havent banned you. Evenbalance have.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not in support of LaVey's comment about going legal.

Only regarding who banned who, Evenbalance is contracted by EA to act as battlefield police. If someone feels EB is out of bounds, EA should make themselves available to address such concerns. This is probably why EB was contracted in the first place though, to filter out most of the usual complaints.

It just feels like a no-win situation.

(This is just thinking aloud):

EB doesn't share specifics about your ban.

Possible reasons?
    • They don't want to make it easier for hackers to tailor their software.
    • They don't have the manpower to share specifics regarding your ban.

Results?

People can't defend themselves against false positive bans.
  • F_Stormen
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    I got standard back from Punkbuster. It was triggerd beacuse some software interfering normal operation of punkbuster software together with my GUID, could also be together with my "cd-key" for the game.
    I knew I should stop playing, sometimes it takes really heavy measures
  • UMADBRODENT
    F_Stormen wrote: »
    I got standard back from Punkbuster. It was triggerd beacuse some software interfering normal operation of punkbuster software together with my GUID, could also be together with my "cd-key" for the game.
    I knew I should stop playing, sometimes it takes really heavy measures

Sounds concise and provides ample information to identify what program apparently interfered with PB.

What's the problem? (/sarcasm)
  • Murzik_Myp
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I`m told to Even Balance what program interfered with PB. But they close my "ticket"
  • UMADBRODENT
    Murzik_Myp wrote: »
    I`m told to Even Balance what program interfered with PB. But they close my "ticket"

Evenbalance gave me an email address for further research after a similar situation. Did their response include this too?
  • tgm_luna
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I have the same. Played BF4 for over 1000 hours and never cheated. I was playing and had an argument with another player about his chopper that couldn't be destroyed after 3 stingers and one AAmine. He got mad at me. Later i noticed that he was admin of the serveI have the same. Played BF4 for over 1000 hours and never cheated. I was playing and had an argument with another player about his chopper that couldn't be destroyed after 3 stingers and one AAmine. He got mad at me. Later i noticed that he was admin of the server. I played on and wasn't kicked.

The next day i suddenly couldnt play on any server. I got the msg "you were kicked by punkbuster" no further message. After many tries i reinstalled punkbuster but no luck. Then i discovered that i was in the PBbans list for using aimbot (???). Since i didn't use any kind of cheat i suspect the server admin for manipulating the server log.

Does anybody know if this is possible?
  • StarscreamUK
    7554 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    server admins can kick and ban, but it carries ban code bc2 along with whatever they choose to ban with

they cannot issue official punkbuster violations
  • tgm_luna
    Thanks for replying so fast!

Can you tell me if it is normal that there was no given reason the first time i was kicked? (only "you where kicked by punkbuster") 1 minute after i joined the map.
    Why wasn't i kicked the day before when the "aimbot" i didn't have was detected.

I game since quake2 and have been in a clan at clanbase for years but have never been banned from any server or game. This feels so unfair.

It is very easy to buy a cheap key online but i lose my account (level 132) and it is no solution.
  • StarscreamUK
    if you are joining from the new ui, the punkbuster message doesnt display fully, it only says you were kicked, but if you use battlelog to launch (still works, I do it all time) it will give the full punkbuster message
  • tgm_luna
    Ok thanks for the tip, i will do that.

I submitted a ban appeal at pbbans and a ticket at evenbalance but nobody responds. I support anti-cheat systems but if they don't respond or do not listen to your story it will ruin online gaming.

You can see my ban here https://www.pbbans.com/mbi-view-ban-417708.html
  • StarscreamUK
    just to clarify, evenbalance havent banned you, a violation is a kick

third party services turn those kicks into bans

you can play on punkbuster servers not using 3rd party services, but it would probably still kick you until your removed the offending program
  • DIRTYGreeny
    676 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    just to clarify, evenbalance havent banned you, a violation is a kick

third party services turn those kicks into bans

you can play on punkbuster servers not using 3rd party services, but it would probably still kick you until your removed the offending program

That particular violation is the latest to be added and are all global bans at the moment Starscream. I checked his GUID and its definitly a global ban.

tgm_luna, it can take 48 hours or more for evenbalance to answer troubletickets.
  • StarscreamUK
    ouch it used to be a violation kick, but its a an old violation code, so probably nailed down
This discussion has been closed.