Punkbuster perma Ban?!

Comments

• StarscreamUK
    7547 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    How long a site says they are undetected is not always true. Do you think they would sell many cheats if they said "well we got detected last month but we are undetected since then!"
  • Woot_Woooooo
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Even if 52120 does end up being a false positive, there was still something that EB detected. Some players were cheating, others were not. Over the years running my server I've had numerous players that I would never think were cheating flag with a violation or even get caught with dirty screenshots, which are indisputable. I've just about given up even trying to trust anyone in this game.

I suggest that anyone who maintains that they are innocent to try and determine what program is causing the violation. In order to test it you will have to find a server that does not stream to any 3rd party sites, but still has PB enabled. If you get kicked, then PB is still detecting something. Start disabling programs/processes one at a time until you are no longer kicked...Or, disable everything you can, see if you can play and then enable what you think is causing the problem. It may take a while if the kick is for 1200 min, but it will help to prove your innocence. Send this program to EB so that they can determine if it is a false positive. Try to solve the problem instead of just complaining on the forums.

On another note...damn RustedRoot. That sucks. You're one of the OG Forumfielders! I was just thinking about the old forums the other day...damn I'm getting old.

• tgm_luna
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited June 2018
    Thanks for the tip about joining a not streaming server. I came here to look for help and for other players that have the same problem. That is where these forums are for. What can you do more if EA and EB do not respond to tickets ..... I will not give up before this is solved. This game is 6 years old and BF5 is comming soon (no punkbuster anymore?). But this is not only about playing BF4 but also about how the game industry handles cheating. A third pary like EB that not seems to give a *removed* anymore is frustrating people and is not transparant. Cheating is becomming a bigger and bigger problem. I think that Rockstar handles this much better because it is clear how it works. Even if you did cheat, you know that the first time is a ban for a month. In this case it would be better to wait a month because nobody reponds and you are lost.

Small thing: at the evening before i got banned Origin suddenly started to download Final stand DLC, it ended with an error. One day later i couldn't join anymore.

If my language sucks i'm sorry, i'm from the Netherlands and trying ;)
  • StarscreamUK
    7547 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Don't post profanity or try to get around the filter by removing a letter.
  • Unit-RX400
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited June 2018
    well if we ignore that it could be a false positve, thats EXACTLY how a banwave works. They silently log and detect, and then ban in a wave, resulting in multiple bans

AFAIK Punkbuster does not do "ban waves". VAC and some other anticheat engines do that. Punkbuster for BF3/4/H has not even seen single update since 2015.

According to evenbalance.com/faq.php#kicked you should be able to play after you have managed to track down and remove offending piece of software giving false positives.

... Violation (XXXXXXX) #XXXXXX PunkBuster has detected a cheat program running on this computer. Remove the cheat program and try playing again.
    Violation (Aimbot) #52120 fits that pattern.

My friend got kicked from BFH server while spectating another player in Battlefield Hardline. Then while trying to reconnect, found out it was PB ban. Sure as hell you do not run aimbot while sitting in spectator mode. So I am pretty sure it's some sort of software conflict, supported by the fact that it's not particularyly "game specific" like hacks are. Players from BF3, 4 and Hardline have all gotten Aimbot #52120 bans

My suspect is most recent version of MSI Afterburner, or more precisely, Rivatuner Statistics server that comes bundled with it. Bunch of people use it for fan control, recording videos etc. It's using DLL hooks that may trigger anticheat engines. It even provides you with a warning.
    Nimetu.png
  • tgm_luna
    edited June 2018

I'm sorry. (i even had to look up what profanity means lol)
  • SpoolaZ
    206 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    How long a site says they are undetected is not always true. Do you think they would sell many cheats if they said "well we got detected last month but we are undetected since then!"

Cheating sites do not earn a million dollars by chance, they have support, like any business to survive, and the BF series is their platform to survive, since PB is so easy to cheat and FF, you can fool with not to rage cheat.

It's no coincidence that they have stopped selling cheats to games with Battleye, not because it's the ultimate anticheat solution, but it has at least stopped the sites that earn millions in profit.
  • Woot_Woooooo
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Unit-RX400 wrote: »
    AFAIK Punkbuster does not do "ban waves". VAC and some other anticheat engines do that. Punkbuster for BF3/4/H has not even seen single update since 2015.

PB/EB has always used ban waves for the larger detections. I have seen it many times. If you ban the first time you see the violation and that person runs back to the paysite providing the cheat, then the cheat is updated so that it is not detected any more, and only a few cheaters will be caught. By silently logging the violations, more players that are cheating will be banned when EB decides to press the button and start enforcing the violation.

PB does not have to be updated in order for a new violation to be added. Somewhere at EB there is a master list that the PB client on your computer uses to check for violations. When a new one is added to the list the PB client will start scanning for it.
    According to evenbalance.com/faq.php#kicked you should be able to play after you have managed to track down and remove offending piece of software giving false positives.

You are correct about this. PB does not ban anyone unless it is a global GUID ban. This is where the 3rd party anticheat sites come into play. When PB issues a kick for violation XXXXX, the streaming sites turn this into a ban so that any server streaming to that AC site will continue to kick the player. That is why testing to see what program is causing the issue must be done on a server with PB enabled, but not streaming to PBBans, GGC etc.
  • DIRTYGreeny
    676 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member

PB/EB has always used ban waves for the larger detections. I have seen it many times. If you ban the first time you see the violation and that person runs back to the paysite providing the cheat, then the cheat is updated so that it is not detected any more, and only a few cheaters will be caught. By silently logging the violations, more players that are cheating will be banned when EB decides to press the button and start enforcing the violation.

PB does not have to be updated in order for a new violation to be added. Somewhere at EB there is a master list that the PB client on your computer uses to check for violations. When a new one is added to the list the PB client will start scanning for it.

You are correct about this. PB does not ban anyone unless it is a global GUID ban. This is where the 3rd party anticheat sites come into play. When PB issues a kick for violation XXXXX, the streaming sites turn this into a ban so that any server streaming to that AC site will continue to kick the player. That is why testing to see what program is causing the issue must be done on a server with PB enabled, but not streaming to PBBans, GGC etc.

I don't think these players will be able to use their banned account on a pb enabled server, usually new violations carry a global ban. I'm certain all the #52120 violations (the latest addition) are global.
  • Woot_Woooooo
    edited June 2018
    I don't think these players will be able to use their banned account on a pb enabled server, usually new violations carry a global ban. I'm certain all the #52120 violations (the latest addition) are global.

I haven't seen any global bans pop up yet, but I've only looked through a few regulars on my server that popped. You probably have more access to that info than I do. It is also my understanding that a global ban will prevent players from joining ANY PB enabled server.

• DIRTYGreeny
    676 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member

It is also my understanding that a global ban will prevent players from joining ANY PB enabled server.

Yep thats right, the option to test won't be available to anyone who has a global ban unless they risk a fresh new account or an existing alt account.
  • killerStorm7pr
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    The same problem is happening to me, but at BF Hardline I have not been able to play for 4 days. I opened a ticked in evenbalance (punkbuster) and have not yet answered.
  • tgm_luna
    edited June 2018
    Hi all. I have my answer from EB

We do not find this violation to be triggered in error, and it will not be removed.

The supplied GUID has been associated with hacking or interfering with the normal operation of our PunkBuster software and has therefore been compromised resulting in a global ban from PunkBuster enabled game servers. We have no way of knowing who was actually playing with this GUID at the time the violation was triggered. We also have no way to know if the violation was triggered on your specific computer. Our system does not collect personal information and furthermore we have no way to attach a cheat/hack violation to a specific person. This ban will not be lifted as then the person who did trigger the violation would again be able to join PunkBuster Servers using this GUID.

To be clear: we are not saying that you cheated as we have no way to know who triggered the violation. If it is certain that no one playing on your computer ever had a cheat/hack violation triggered by PunkBuster, then your GUID (cdkey and/or game account password) has been stolen by or leaked to someone who has used it on a different computer to trigger the violation. We do not have the means to help you find out who is responsible for compromising your GUID.

This is a default answer and don't give any detail. To me it is clear that they have no intention in solving a problem and i believe the don't care. EA is not using PB in BF5. If they do i won't even buy the game. I will not buy any game that uses this old and bad anti cheat system. Besides that it seems that one person *Alex J* who even does not gives his full name makes all the decisions.

I don't understand why EA treats their customers like this. If EB says the trigger is no error (they always say that) you lose your game for ever. If they want fair play, the anti-cheat system and most important the punishment should be fair. ie first time: 1 month second time: 3 months third time: lifetime ban

To me it's not about this old game or the 25$ for a new key anymore. It's about a system that is unfair and unprofessional.
    Post edited by tgm_luna on
  • tgm_luna
    The same problem is happening to me, but at BF Hardline I have not been able to play for 4 days. I opened a ticked in evenbalance (punkbuster) and have not yet answered.

You can view your answer in my previous post.
  • xChitz
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    well if we ignore that it could be a false positve, thats EXACTLY how a banwave works. They silently log and detect, and then ban in a wave, resulting in multiple bans

... Violation (XXXXXXX) #XXXXXX PunkBuster has detected a cheat program running on this computer. Remove the cheat program and try playing again.
    Violation (Aimbot) #52120 fits that pattern.

My friend got kicked from BFH server while spectating another player in Battlefield Hardline. Then while trying to reconnect, found out it was PB ban. Sure as hell you do not run aimbot while sitting in spectator mode. So I am pretty sure it's some sort of software conflict, supported by the fact that it's not particularyly "game specific" like hacks are. Players from BF3, 4 and Hardline have all gotten Aimbot #52120 bans

My suspect is most recent version of MSI Afterburner, or more precisely, Rivatuner Statistics server that comes bundled with it. Bunch of people use it for fan control, recording videos etc. It's using DLL hooks that may trigger anticheat engines. It even provides you with a warning.
    Nimetu.png

hey any idea if your friend was using "peace" for audio adjustment, i got the same ban 5 mins ago not sure if it can be riva tuner though i have it installed with msi

oh hi , nice to see you around still
  • StarscreamUK
    It's not riva tuner. its installed and running at startup on mine.
  • Twinscrewed
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I triggered this ban this morning, I was tabbed out answering a message on discord and heard I finally loaded in. Clicked the game and got the message. Evga Precision X, OBS, Discord, ShareX, Windows Remote desktop, Firefox. Submitted a ticket, waiting for a canned response :neutral:
  • xChitz
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    i want to play this so bad, really wish i knew what triggered this so i could use an alt to play
  • ThePartyCrasher
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 2018
    I was Banned on 6-4-2018 same reason says PunkBuster kicked player 'ThePartyCrasher' (for 1200 minutes) ... PBBans.com enforced a previous MBi Ban for ThePartyCrasher. [Admin Decision]

This seems like a Glitch, I love playing BF4 I am a Police Officer 48 years old, never cheated. I am going to try and call even balance in the AM tomorrow. Please keep us informed. I may even write a letter. Please call them..... (281) 251-8893
  • tgm_luna
    I was Banned on 6-4-2018 same reason says PunkBuster kicked player 'ThePartyCrasher' (for 1200 minutes) ... PBBans.com enforced a previous MBi Ban for ThePartyCrasher. [Admin Decision]

This seems like a Glitch, I love playing BF4 I am a Police Officer 48 years old, never cheated. I am going to try and call even balance in the AM tomorrow. Please keep us informed. I may even write a letter. Please call them..... (281) 251-8893

You should at least make a new ticket at evenbalance.com. Maybe he wakes up and sees there is something wrong.
This discussion has been closed.