Punkbuster perma Ban?!

Comments

• ThePartyCrasher
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    tgm_luna wrote: »
    I was Banned on 6-4-2018 same reason says PunkBuster kicked player 'ThePartyCrasher' (for 1200 minutes) ... PBBans.com enforced a previous MBi Ban for ThePartyCrasher. [Admin Decision]

This seems like a Glitch, I love playing BF4 I am a Police Officer 48 years old, never cheated. I am going to try and call even balance in the AM tomorrow. Please keep us informed. I may even write a letter. Please call them..... (281) 251-8893

You should at least make a new ticket at evenbalance.com. Maybe he wakes up and sees there is something wrong.

I did, I made a ticked and I am calling tomorrow. this is crazy. people getting banned for AIMBOT when they are not using aimbots. Now if there is offending software, it is not an AIMBOT... so It should not be called what it isn't.. This is crazy.
  • tgm_luna
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Like i said before, the system is not fair. I play battlefield from 2010 and never been banned. Now suddenly this punkbuster software says i am a cheater while i am not. I get banned for LIFE without any other proof then a trigger from a streaming logfile. This cannot be discussed. I checked my computer i did not install any new software the last 3 months. The only strange thing was that origin suddenly wanted to download the "final stand DLC" wich ended with an error because i allready had that DLC. I played on and the da after i was banned. Not kicked during a session. But i will not give up. I think you agree that even when a person uses a cheat for the first time he should be punished but always deserves a second chance. Even real life criminals get a second chance.
  • xChitz
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    anyone knows how long usually it takes them to notice and revert these false positives ?
  • HonixKill
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    tgm_luna wrote: »
    Hi all. I have my answer from EB

We do not find this violation to be triggered in error, and it will not be removed.

The supplied GUID has been associated with hacking or interfering with the normal operation of our PunkBuster software and has therefore been compromised resulting in a global ban from PunkBuster enabled game servers. We have no way of knowing who was actually playing with this GUID at the time the violation was triggered. We also have no way to know if the violation was triggered on your specific computer. Our system does not collect personal information and furthermore we have no way to attach a cheat/hack violation to a specific person. This ban will not be lifted as then the person who did trigger the violation would again be able to join PunkBuster Servers using this GUID.

To be clear: we are not saying that you cheated as we have no way to know who triggered the violation. If it is certain that no one playing on your computer ever had a cheat/hack violation triggered by PunkBuster, then your GUID (cdkey and/or game account password) has been stolen by or leaked to someone who has used it on a different computer to trigger the violation. We do not have the means to help you find out who is responsible for compromising your GUID.

I received the same answer ... This is an automatic message...

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/fr/platoon/2955064814769582991/
    https://forums.battlefield.com/fr-fr/discussion/8920/se-faire-bannir-par-pb-aimbot-52120/p2
  • tgm_luna
    I really think EA needs to step in. Maybe someone in this thread can write a message to EA support. My english is not so good. If my clients where treated like this by a third party i would stand up for them.
  • Hans_Kloss_UK
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited June 2018
    xChitz wrote: »
    Unit-RX400 wrote: »
    well if we ignore that it could be a false positve, thats EXACTLY how a banwave works. They silently log and detect, and then ban in a wave, resulting in multiple bans

AFAIK Punkbuster does not do "ban waves". VAC and some other anticheat engines do that. Punkbuster for BF3/4/H has not even seen single update since 2015.

According to evenbalance.com/faq.php#kicked you should be able to play after you have managed to track down and remove offending piece of software giving false positives.

... Violation (XXXXXXX) #XXXXXX PunkBuster has detected a cheat program running on this computer. Remove the cheat program and try playing again.
    Violation (Aimbot) #52120 fits that pattern.

My friend got kicked from BFH server while spectating another player in Battlefield Hardline. Then while trying to reconnect, found out it was PB ban. Sure as hell you do not run aimbot while sitting in spectator mode. So I am pretty sure it's some sort of software conflict, supported by the fact that it's not particularyly "game specific" like hacks are. Players from BF3, 4 and Hardline have all gotten Aimbot #52120 bans

My suspect is most recent version of MSI Afterburner, or more precisely, Rivatuner Statistics server that comes bundled with it. Bunch of people use it for fan control, recording videos etc. It's using DLL hooks that may trigger anticheat engines. It even provides you with a warning.
    Nimetu.png

hey any idea if your friend was using "peace" for audio adjustment, i got the same ban 5 mins ago not sure if it can be riva tuner though i have it installed with msi
    Don't post profanity or try to get around the filter by removing a letter.

oh hi , nice to see you around still

No but Riva tunner was running as a background service. I was only using MSI Afterburner to record player who was accused of cheating. All of the sudden got kicked and could not reconnect. Only after few days when I checked pb log file, I realised I'm banned:

[04.28.2018 17:08:31] RESTRICTION: Corrupted Module Header: d3d9.dll

[05.10.2018 16:48:07] RESTRICTION: Corrupted Module Header: d3d9.dll

[05.29.2018 19:44:17] RESTRICTION: Corrupted Module Header: d3d9.dll

[05.30.2018 19:12:22] Violation (AIMBOT) #52120

[05.30.2018 19:16:00] Violation (AIMBOT) #52120

[05.30.2018 19:23:02] Violation (AIMBOT) #52120

Plot thickens since I can't find my name on pb banned lists both: official and unofficial. Have raised the ticket with evenbalance but all I expect is automated relpy : sorry we can't do anything

PS. I have reinstalled Windows and in a process of getting back BFH .Will let you know the results
  • PBSTAFFNick
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited June 2018
    PB don't have a ban list, which you can check or view.
  • StarscreamUK
    7554 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Plot thickens since I can't find my name on pb banned lists both: official and unofficial. Have raised the ticket with evenbalance but all I expect is automated relpy : sorry we can't do anything

evenbalance dont publish ban lists. so you wont see an official ban list.
  • harry0ld
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    PunkBuster strikes again? Is this software a complete trash or is it a campaign intended to force people to play new Battlefield games?
  • Hans_Kloss_UK
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    harry0ld wrote: »
    PunkBuster strikes again? Is this software a complete trash or is it a campaign intended to force people to play new Battlefield games?

Exactly my though....

anyway here is list of pb bans : https://www.pbbans.com/master-ban-index.html

Anyway wasted time reinstalling Windows, still getting kicked so i don't know any more. Couple of my friends suggested new account and buying game again but sorry not doing that.
  • tgm_luna

Exactly my though....

anyway here is list of pb bans : https://www.pbbans.com/master-ban-index.html

Anyway wasted time reinstalling Windows, still getting kicked so i don't know any more. Couple of my friends suggested new account and buying game again but sorry not doing that.

Same here. Checked all my programs and background apps, only Kapersky, steam and origin. I have a seperate game computer, only games. I can play Battlefield3 without any problem. It cannot be my PC or programs. I read a lot about this and it looks like most people where inactive in the game for a while, some where in a windowed screen or alt-tabbed. With me it was the same. Origin started a download for the latest bf4 dlc wich i allready had. I alt-tabbed, opened origin and got the error that the download failed. After that i played on, wasn't banned and quit half hour later. Next evening i was banned.

I want this solved. Its not normal that PB never admints false flags and always directly ban for life without giving players a chance. While i type this PB is banning gamers for #52120
  • Hans_Kloss_UK
    edited June 2018
    Just had chat with EA adviser....asked for my BFH to be moved to my other account I used ages ago just for playing BF3...."sorry but I can't do your BF4 (SIC!) account has ban on it".....BF4 that I have not played for at least two years and its not installed on my computer...EA in the nutshell for you

tgm_luna.... one of my BFH buddies emailed me about his ban and he was inactive. I got banned while spectating....so there must be something in what you have posted....still waiting for evenbalance respons
  • StarscreamUK
    7554 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Your bf4 that hasn't played for 2 years has indeed been playing.
  • harry0ld
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    @Hans_Kloss_UK You see? You are banned for a reason. Now go preorder BFV.
  • ThePartyCrasher
    same thing with me, would never cheat, ran a server with pbbans on it for two years. No problems, no new software on computer for the past few months, except for regular updates and an update on the Gforce experience. on 6/4/18 was playing with no issues, my stats are not the best. Tried to play yesterday and was banned the second I got in with not even firing a weapon or getting in vehicle. I used to play daily for fun what the heck is this. Still waiting for even balance answer.
  • ThePartyCrasher
    @Hans_Kloss_UK You see? You are banned for a reason. Now go preorder BFV.

funny the week they release BF5 trailers, people are getting banned at a crazy rate.
  • killerStorm7pr
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Violation (AIMBOT) #52120. It continues to grow and Evenbalance(punkbuster) has given neither an answer since it began. It's been 6 days since I made the ticket
  • killerStorm7pr
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    ha ha ha, evenbalance gave me an answer or rather asked me for the message from pbcl.log which is the same all the time "Violation (AIMBOT) # 52120"
  • Gemslee
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have been banned by that code 52120 since 5/22/2018. They do not respond to me anymore and I even opened a new ticket up asking for any kind of help to fix the issue on my pc, since I don't have cheats or hacks or add ons or whatever people call them. Never have, never will, but no response to it. All I do know is that they do not seem to like fixing the issues if it is on their side. Think we will have to wait for them to get way too many people to ignore before they lift it. To many variables to determine the issue I guess. The only updates I have on my system are Nvidia updates and Origin, so I know it is not on my side.
  • Gemslee
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    oh wait I do have an Adobe Acrobat reader update on 5/16/2018 and Adobe Flashplayer 29 NPAPI on 5/8/2018 all others were in February and back.
This discussion has been closed.