Punkbuster perma Ban?!

Comments

• StarscreamUK
    7554 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    YOU claim they are false positives. How many have been confirmed false? The ban code still stands, which means as of now, there are no confirmed false positives.

You don't know when to stop biting the hand that feeds. As with the last thread I'm giving a lot of leeway, but my patience is finite.
  • StarscreamUK
    7554 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
  • HonixKill
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member

What I propose we do is the following:

Make 2 columns.

One column consisting of programs installed on players' PC's who have been banned
    A second column of programs on players' PC's who have NOT been banned

Working on the logic that any programs present on the NOT banned list can be removed from the "Banned" list, we can narrow down some suggestions for Evenbalance to investigate.

I would be willing to build a list like this, or someone could put together a google spreadsheet where contributions could be made. I welcome anyone interested in helping.

I chat on forums while at work, so if you want to get in touch with me, PM me and I'll get back to you. I'm not always available immediately.

I agree with you. Thank you for your help.

• RedKilla1
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    harry0ld wrote: »
    no, the rule is actually we dont usually allow discussion of bans. We are using our discretion in allowing this as at least 2 of the mods think *some* of these may be false positives

How kind of you.
    Considering the fact that since the beginning of the year we have had a real avalanche of false positives it really may be a good idea to allow people to talk about it.

Wow, don't come in here flaming at the moderator, he as well as I and several other are trying to figure this out for people.

• harry0ld
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    YOU claim they are false positives. How many have been confirmed false? The ban code still stands, which means as of now, there are no confirmed false positives.

You don't know when to stop biting the hand that feeds. As with the last thread I'm giving a lot of leeway, but my patience is finite.

Yes I claim they are false positives because I know I haven't cheated and I have no reason to believe that others have done that. Just look at their player statistics.

None of the bans have been confirmed false because it's not possible in this system. Players have to rely on EB's mercy.

"You don't know when to stop biting the hand that feeds" I have no idea what you are talking about because so far you haven't helped at all.
  • StarscreamUK
    I already told you that these threads are not allowed, I used my discretion to keep it live and have contributed throughout. Of course the alternative would be I closed it and told you to appeal to evenbalance.
  • UMADBRODENT
    104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Yes I claim...

harry, I appreciate your energy. You obviously care about the game or else you wouldn't be here to share your voice.

Let's try to steer the conversation in a more proactive and positive direction.

We're working on a way to provide actionable evidence to Evenbalance.

Could you tell us whether your ban message indicates you were banned for the #52120 violation code or is it another one? I'm sure you've said it somewhere else, it would just be helpful if you had the answer handy.

If it's the 52120 code, would you mind adding the necessary information to the google sheets provided?

(How to get a list of installed programs: https://www.ricksdailytips.com/create-list-installed-programs/)
    (Where to post this list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bAJiTsAQ9kFAj5LUnHuFHSrw4Gg5TFtW-ovbU3JQa1c/edit?usp=sharing)
  • tgm_luna
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Can someone help me getting this in the spreadsheet .. i know lots about hardware but am very bad in office https://pastebin.com/DxLQKufz
  • StarscreamUK
    edited June 2018
    which bfsettings editor is it? Line 93 appears to be missing info
  • tgm_luna
    It is Realmware BF4 settings editor V1.1 It is on my pc since 27-11-2014
  • UMADBRODENT
    104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member

Just tried to add luna's info but the sheet is only editable by the owner. This might be a good idea though if you can head up the project as with a bunch of people pasting stuff, it could get messy quick.
  • harry0ld
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    @UMADBRODENT I was hit with GUID GLOBAL BAN a few months ago (the beginning of this thread), don't remember what was the number of that error.
  • UMADBRODENT
    @UMADBRODENT I was hit with GUID GLOBAL BAN a few months ago (the beginning of this thread), don't remember what was the number of that error.

Check this link out and see if you can use the directions provided.

You should be able to find a violation code.

http://www.evenbalance.com/faq.php#bfkick
  • tgm_luna

Sorry i missed that about line 93. I did the cmd thing again but it is a blank line, maybe a return. There is nothing on that line in the cmd window.
  • UMADBRODENT
    tgm_luna wrote: »

Sorry i missed that about line 93. I did the cmd thing again but it is a blank line, maybe a return. There is nothing on that line in the cmd window.

This wouldn't surprise me. Developers probably have to include version info in a specific place for it to be recognized by the application.
  • StarscreamUK
    I'll have to dig back, I know there was one settings editor that caused bans as it could be used nefariously. Can't remember its name though
  • xChitz
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I'll have to dig back, I know there was one settings editor that caused bans as it could be used nefariously. Can't remember its name though

sweetfx ?, thanks for keeping this thread up, was surprised it was up and running given the history of "i got falsely banned by punkbuster"
    threads, also i am not seeing AgentX anywhere active here did he quit forums ?
    Yes I claim...

harry, I appreciate your energy. You obviously care about the game or else you wouldn't be here to share your voice.

Let's try to steer the conversation in a more proactive and positive direction.

We're working on a way to provide actionable evidence to Evenbalance.

Could you tell us whether your ban message indicates you were banned for the #52120 violation code or is it another one? I'm sure you've said it somewhere else, it would just be helpful if you had the answer handy.

If it's the 52120 code, would you mind adding the necessary information to the google sheets provided?

(How to get a list of installed programs: https://www.ricksdailytips.com/create-list-installed-programs/)
    (Where to post this list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bAJiTsAQ9kFAj5LUnHuFHSrw4Gg5TFtW-ovbU3JQa1c/edit?usp=sharing)

i did the cmd thing and most programs did't show up even steam
    am using win7 64bit btw
  • UMADBRODENT
    xChitz wrote: »
    am using win7 64bit btw

Hmm.. I'll check it out when I get home. Probably a couple of hours from now.
  • UMADBRODENT
    xChitz wrote: »
    am using win7 64bit btw

Hmm.. I'll check it out when I get home. Probably a couple of hours from now.

Ok... So.

Apparently the wmic utility only displays programs which were installed using a windows installer.

A complementary list can be found in "Programs and Features" or the Add/Remove programs equivalent. On the PC I'm currently at, I have found programs listed from wmic that are not on programs/features, and vice versa. Thank Microsoft for not having their act together.

The problem we're faced with now is how to get this information copied and into the google sheet for comparison. The problem is that there's not a simple way of copy/pasting the list of programs in "Programs and Features."

There are several guides on how to go about copying the information, but it's probably more work than the casual user is willing to endure before giving up.

A copied list from wmic as well as perhaps screenshots of your programs and features is an option. This would still require someone to manually enter the programs and versions into the google sheet.

I'm open to suggestions.
  • RedKilla1
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited June 2018
    I just got word from PBBANS, it is an Even Balance detection/violation and the bans are confirmed. No indication that they are false positives. Best of luck submitting a ticket to evenbalance, as that will be your only option.
This discussion has been closed.