Punkbuster perma Ban?!

Comments

• tgm_luna
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I asked EA what anti cheat software will be in BF5 but no answer. I will not pre-order before i know. I will never buy a game where Evenbalance can judge about cheating. Maybe someone can tell me?
  • killerStorm7pr
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    EB answered me and this is what he asked me to do ...

06/05/2018 02:25:34 - "Alex J"
    Note #4: Hello KillerStorm7pr,

If you are getting kicked in Battlefield Hardline, you must retrieve the kick message from the "pbcl.log" file. In order to create a "pbcl.log" file, take the following steps:

1. Locate your "pb" directory. (Typically "C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\bfh\pb")

To find that folder, enter %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\BFH\pb into the navigation bar in your File Explorer, as some folders in this path might be hidden folders. Unless you activated the option to see hidden folders, you will need to enter the correct path directly into the navigation bar.

2. Create a plain text file using notepad or another text editor named "pbcl.cfg"

3. Place the text "pb_logtofile 1" inside "pbcl.cfg" and save it in the "pb" directory from step 1 above

4. Play the game until you are kicked

5. Inside the "pb" directory (from step 1 above), open "pbcl.log" and search for the kick message. (Should begin with the text "PunkBuster kicked")

Once you find the kick message, copy then paste the kick message into a new note on this trouble ticket. Otherwise, copy then paste the most recent lines of the pbcl.log.
  • UMADBRODENT
    104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    @ThePartyCrasher

I believe the stance that some are taking is founded upon the appeal responses posted elsewhere in this thread. In the responses, EB is saying this is a valid PB ban, not a false positive. That's an official response from EB.

It's up to us to try and refute these bans. The best way I can fathom going about this is what I said earlier in this thread. That being, we need a decent stratification of players both banned and unbanned to report their installed programs. Part of this can be done by using the wmic utility at the command line. It was discovered that even this tool doesn't list all programs, we also need to somehow export the list of programs listed in "Programs and Features" (Used to be called add/remove programs).

Optimally, we would generate a list of programs installed on banned users' PC's then remove the programs/versions that appear on both lists. This should give us a few programs left on the banned list we could submit to EB for evaluation.

Personally, I think the answer would stand out pretty well given the number of bans. If the premise that a particular program is causing the conflict is true, it would have to be something that's pretty common across most windows PC's.

Recently, I've had the thought that it may not necessarily be an installed program, but something more like a hot-fix issued by Microsoft. This is yet another avenue for exploration.

Maybe the easiest thing to do would be to have people that KNOW they are banned for 52120 and start by just having everyone state their operating system/version and possibly graphics card/driver versions. If that fails to produce a trend, then proceed to the more complicated task of listing out programs and versions.
  • ThePartyCrasher
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    you never responded to my earlier post, you said you hadnt played bf4 in almost 2 years, your account has been playing it on a regular basis. just so you know, if someone else was using your account, you wouldnt be able to play another battlefield title (bf3, bf4, bfh, bf1) at the same time origin only allows one game to be played at a time

Are you talking to me ? Yes you are right I took a break and was playing, Ark (ran a server), Arma 3 Exile (Ran a server) I still have both... Then one night our clan about 6 months ago decided to play BF4 again. Been playing ever since. We enjoy it again. We moved back to BF4, my account was not compromised. All of the updates on my account were through my ip address. and I verify all of the games. If you look back on the games, I was always with 2 or 3 other [TPC] Clan members when I played, very rarely played alone. The history is there and is public. No one played my game for a few years that does not mean I can't come back to it. I could see if someone was playing it all that time. And I could verify it was someone else we would have a problem.
  • ThePartyCrasher
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @ThePartyCrasher

I believe the stance that some are taking is founded upon the appeal responses posted elsewhere in this thread. In the responses, EB is saying this is a valid PB ban, not a false positive. That's an official response from EB.

It's up to us to try and refute these bans. The best way I can fathom going about this is what I said earlier in this thread. That being, we need a decent stratification of players both banned and unbanned to report their installed programs. Part of this can be done by using the wmic utility at the command line. It was discovered that even this tool doesn't list all programs, we also need to somehow export the list of programs listed in "Programs and Features" (Used to be called add/remove programs).

Optimally, we would generate a list of programs installed on banned users' PC's then remove the programs/versions that appear on both lists. This should give us a few programs left on the banned list we could submit to EB for evaluation.

Personally, I think the answer would stand out pretty well given the number of bans. If the premise that a particular program is causing the conflict is true, it would have to be something that's pretty common across most windows PC's.

Recently, I've had the thought that it may not necessarily be an installed program, but something more like a hot-fix issued by Microsoft. This is yet another avenue for exploration.

Maybe the easiest thing to do would be to have people that KNOW they are banned for 52120 and start by just having everyone state their operating system/version and possibly graphics card/driver versions. If that fails to produce a trend, then proceed to the more complicated task of listing out programs and versions.

I agree...
  • killerStorm7pr
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Me too...

But what I don't understand is why they kick me out of BFH and not BF4. The case is not the same punkbuster. In fact, my ban started the next day that I reinstalled BF4
  • xChitz
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    does anyone know if BF1 and BFV have pb ?
  • StarscreamUK
    7575 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    They do not.
  • tgm_luna
    They do not.

Thanks that was what i wanted to know. If it had i wouldn't pre-order BF5. I hope the gaming industry developes a common anti-cheat system for online gaming once. My idea:
    • Firm but fair.
    • Transparent rules with professional communication
    • The right to defend yourself
    • The defence thould be judged by a third party
    • Not guilty until proved.
    • More privacy.
    • Harmless software that inferferes should never lead to a ban.
    • Never a ban for life if you get cought the first time, now you almost always have life sentence.
    • Players that get banned and prove it was a false positive should be compensated (rank, free lootbox etc)

I can keep on going but i think it is clear how i love to see this.
  • StarscreamUK
    7575 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I certainly dont want a common anti-cheat. If ti gets beaten, it would be beaten in every game.
  • xChitz
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    tgm_luna wrote: »
    They do not.

Thanks that was what i wanted to know. If it had i wouldn't pre-order BF5.
    you should not pre order any game
  • Jack_Kirchner_UK
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Someone on our clan forum is making a bold claim that visiting well known mp cheat/hacks site leaves a trace on your PC and PB can pick that up. I don't believe it is possible -do you guys?
  • tgm_luna
    Can you tell me the name? DM me if you don't want to mention it in public.
  • StarscreamUK
    cookie tracking is possible, but it certainly wouldnt be bannable.
  • Jack_Kirchner_UK
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    exactly my thought
  • Gemslee
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So, last night I had a friend go through my system and he checked everything on it. I do not have a lot of protection on my system, but he found an old German Virus that had been, at some point in time, put on my system through Chrome Extensions. I remember the issue when I would go onto sites and all these adds would keep popping up. I deleted it from my Chrome Extension, but I had never deleted the whole file setup. It was Dormant however, so I thought I was rid of the thing ages ago. However there where files and folders that were there that, and I do want to say that I am not a tech savvy guy here, the files and folders that were on my system may have triggered this issue. The name of it was (barowwsoe adware). I am not sure this was the cause of it or not, but it is wiped from my system now. That is all I have to go with at this point in time, but I do not know if that was the issue or not. I am not done checking for anything that may have caused this. But if it adds up with a bunch of people that had this similar Virus it's closer to fixing the issue, maybe.
  • Gemslee
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Also, EB answered back and asked me to give them any software/program that I think may have caused this issue. I have sent the info to them and now waiting for a reply. I have "heard"(internet) that Viruses can cause files that PB see's as cheat folders or something of that nature. I do say that with the indication that I do not know for sure and again not Tech Savvy. So, I am giving them something, maybe, to look into. I will see if they do or not and post it here in a week when they reply. :wink:
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited June 2018
    I was Banned on 6-4-2018 same reason says PunkBuster kicked player 'ThePartyCrasher' (for 1200 minutes) ... PBBans.com enforced a previous MBi Ban for ThePartyCrasher. [Admin Decision]

This seems like a Glitch, I love playing BF4 I am a Police Officer 48 years old, never cheated. I am going to try and call even balance in the AM tomorrow. Please keep us informed. I may even write a letter. Please call them..... (281) 251-8893
    http://www.usbizs.com/TX/Spring/Even_Balance_1p89.html
    You can buy fishtanks there. They prolly have good farming tips too.
    Gemslee wrote: »
    Also, EB answered back and asked me to give them any software/program that I think may have caused this issue. I have sent the info to them and now waiting for a reply. I have "heard"(internet) that Viruses can cause files that PB see's as cheat folders or something of that nature. I do say that with the indication that I do not know for sure and again not Tech Savvy. So, I am giving them something, maybe, to look into. I will see if they do or not and post it here in a week when they reply. :wink:
    If you have no idea what to sent, maybe this can help: https://bf4db.com/PB-Evenbalance-support
  • Twinscrewed
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Everbalance doesn't care, these tickets are all getting the same generic reponses. Guess we might find out in a few months if they actually check the logs and verify if it was a false positive. Still absolute bull...
  • StarscreamUK

2 people entered data.

2 people who are not banned.

le sigh
This discussion has been closed.