Operations Empty Lobbies

Neildos
27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I had time for a game so I logged on and joined 4 straight Operations lobbies that were empty. What excuse is there for this to continue to happen a year and a half into the life of this game? And given that it takes 4 minutes to join an Ops game, plus another 1 minute to Exit that means I've sat here for 20 minutes when all I wanted to do was enjoy a single game. Geezus

Comments

• Neildos
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Make it 5 straight. I even hard reset the box in between 4 & 5.
  • Neildos
    Remember a few months ago when DICE promised they had fixed this and asked us to stay in empty lobbies? What a sense of pride and accomplishment it must have given them to have actually done nothing
  • Neildos
    I gave up at the 6th empty lobby.
  • ElliotLH
    9773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2018
    Use the server browser with the slots set to "none" You should then see full Operations games and can join the queue.
  • Neildos
    If it's a feature available in the game, it should work. Like a light switch or your garbage disposal. You expect it to work. If it doesn't, DICE should care. DICE does not
  • Contra87
    698 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    What I want to know is how do you post four times in a row? It tells me I can't post again if I'm the last poster...
  • ElliotLH
    9773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Neildos wrote: »
    If it's a feature available in the game, it should work. Like a light switch or your garbage disposal. You expect it to work. If it doesn't, DICE should care. DICE does not

I don't want to argue with you as I don't have the time, inclination or energy. I have given you a simple solution to your complaint and you can either follow it and join full Operation matches or ignore it and keep getting frustrated by the Quickmatch feature.
  • Neildos
    Contra87 wrote: »
    What I want to know is how do you post four times in a row? It tells me I can't post again if I'm the last poster...

Ha! That's actually a good question
  • crswipe
    559 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    But seriously, the server browser is the way to go. Ever think that you end up in an empty lobby because all of them are full? Best way to find out is check The server browser. Plus you can see that a ton of people are playing, which renders you empty lobby theory null and void.
  • maratt_mz
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I have been experiencing this for months, but usually get a populated server after fee tries, lately it's always empty
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Neildos wrote: »

If you went into 6 empty lobbies just to prove a point when you could have easily found a game in the server browser but didn't because quick match doesn't work like your garbage disposal then what kind of answer do you want us to give you. Grow up and join a match the way that works. Life isn't perfect. Adapt.
  • dmccar1001
    627 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you want to play a game select NONE in slots available and join a full server. If you want to waste your time try quickmatch and join servers that are empty or on another continent. The choice is yours.
  • DrSkittles2020
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kinda stupid that DICE makes it so hard to find a game. Now you have to join unofficial servers that restrict your loadout, have long wait times since the servers are always full etc etc. Sounds like DICE needs to fix the issue with empty servers on PC. This is also a problem in BFV.