Improving BF4 (Yes, I realise they probably won't)

5_Semper_Fi_3
193 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
If you have any ideas that you think might make BF4 better, post here. (Yes, even the little things)

Comments

• lSDIl
    1022 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    1. Being able to change loadouts between rounds.

2. Maintaining specific loadouts for specific maps.

3. Running BF4DB on official servers.

4. Polish up the hit detection.

5. Make things that appear to have gaps actually have gaps.
  • 5_Semper_Fi_3
    SBLIFX wrote: »
    1. Being able to change loadouts between rounds.
    2. Maintaining specific loadouts for specific maps.
    3. Running BF4DB on official servers.
    4. Polish up the hit detection.
    5. Make things that appear to have gaps actually have gaps.

id say loadouts for each game modes but yeah i agree with that one
    what is the DB of the BF4DB
    most definitely 5
    -on siege of Shanghai the building with the circle roof(just south of D) if you go down one layer(of the roof) the pillars are wider than the "image"
  • lSDIl
    -on siege of Shanghai the building with the circle roof(just south of D) if you go down one layer(of the roof) the pillars are wider than the "image"
    There's too many to list. Railings are a common issue - no gap under the railing. Some roof aircons have gaps underneath that can't be shot through, some have gaps that can.

• 5_Semper_Fi_3
    There's too many to list. Railings are a common issue - no gap under the railing. Some roof aircons have gaps underneath that can't be shot through, some have gaps that can.

I'm sure there is more but that was the one that affects me the most...

it's awesome being able to taunt the enemy by standing out in the "open" only to have the bullet hit the "wall"
    what sucks is you can clearly see your target *holds breath* *takes shot* only to have the bullet to break right out of the end of the barrel. *the man jumps off the building* never to be seen again.
  • 5_Semper_Fi_3
    one thing i just thought abought is if there were female character models to have your character run around as. DO NOT CHANGE THE HITBOX. yes, i do realize you're in first person all the time and when your not your in a vehicle. so that's just a cosmetic for the others on the map...i guess.

another thing I have observed that would be nice to change
    when i shoot a player their charter model seems to lean to the left or right (not stay still) and when i get shot the screen stays still... if the camera would move when you move that would be nice.

i might have got that one kill
  • lSDIl
    Get rid of those stupid little things you can't jump over first time. i think I speak for everyone when I say we're sick of dying whilst trying to get over a 1ft high wall, or 6inch high wall edge.
  • 5_Semper_Fi_3
    Get rid of those stupid little things you can't jump over first time. i think I speak for everyone when I say we're sick of dying whilst trying to get over a 1ft high wall or 6inch high wall edge.

yeah, that is a fair statement when it's too tall to walk over but too short to vault... I agree.
  • lSDIl
    Another stupid feature is that it takes longer to change from C4 to primary than it takes to exit a tank. That's unbalanced and unrealistic.
  • 5_Semper_Fi_3
    Another stupid feature is that it takes longer to change from C4 to primary than it takes to exit a tank. That's unbalanced and unrealistic.

lol... haven't notest that
  • lSDIl
    The punish system in hardcore. If someone sees you firing at an enemy and runs to stand directly in front of you, that's not friendly fire, it's Darwinism. No punish option should be available in that case.
  • RustedRoot
    2695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    ^ Most servers have a 3 TK rule.

...and based on your posts, it seems you just want the game to cater around you.
  • 5_Semper_Fi_3
    RustedRoot wrote: »
    ...and based on your posts, it seems you just want the game to cater around you.

ouch
  • lSDIl
    edited April 4
    ^ Most servers have a 3 TK rule.

Most servers that run hardcore have a punish system whereby the person you shot can opt to have the admin kill you, even if the team kill was 99% their fault, i.e. they see you firing, forget they're playing hardcore and run and stand directly in front of you.

...and just trying to get the dumb stuff out of the game and there is lots of dumb stuff that doesn't just affect me.
  • RustedRoot
    Pro Tip: Don't play HC then. Sheesh. "Problem" solved.

What you consider "dumb" is not necessarily the case.
  • Loqtrall
    11159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's not even a "probably" that they won't, they definitely won't change anything.

But I say remove thermals and audio minimap spotting, because they're both immensely cheesy, crutch mechanics that the majority of the people who still play this game abuse every match.

The number of armored vehicles and tanks I see using thermals compared to those who use normal zoom optics is outrageous.

Lmao, and the only way to circumvent thermals is to get a cam hidden behind the most nonsensical and intricate Easter egg hunt in the entirety of the franchise.

And it's literally become the norm for players to double the size of the minimap on the HUD to see as many spotted players in their vicinity as possible - having your position revealed every time you fire a non-suppressed weapon is absolute nonsense when everyone in the game have their eyes glued to their minimap.

It's essentially punishing people for firing their weapons in a game that's almost solely about firing weapons.
  • 5_Semper_Fi_3
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    It's not even a "probably" that they won't, they definitely won't change anything...

...And it's literally become the norm for players to double the size of the minimap on the HUD to see as many spotted players in their vicinity as possible - having your position revealed every time you fire a non-suppressed weapon is absolute nonsense when everyone in the game have their eyes glued to their minimap...

1. you never know, since all the BF1 players are coming back to BF4
    2. I didn't know that was a thing you could do...(the enlarging your minimap)
  • RustedRoot
    edited April 4
    1. No they won't. No matter what, this game is done.

And not ALL BF1 players are coming back to BF4.
  • lSDIl
    It's not even a "probably" that they won't, they definitely won't change anything.

But I say remove thermals and audio minimap spotting, because they're both immensely cheesy, crutch mechanics that the majority of the people who still play this game abuse every match.

The number of armored vehicles and tanks I see using thermals compared to those who use normal zoom optics is outrageous.

Lmao, and the only way to circumvent thermals is to get a cam hidden behind the most nonsensical and intricate Easter egg hunt in the entirety of the franchise.

And it's literally become the norm for players to double the size of the minimap on the HUD to see as many spotted players in their vicinity as possible - having your position revealed every time you fire a non-suppressed weapon is absolute nonsense when everyone in the game have their eyes glued to their minimap.

It's essentially punishing people for firing their weapons in a game that's almost solely about firing weapons.
    Disagree. Using the minimap is an integral skill of the game. I've also tried using thermal optics and found them less effective than zoom personally.
  • 5_Semper_Fi_3
    1. No they won't. No matter what, this game is done.

And not ALL BF1 players are coming back to BF4.

that is probably true
  • Loqtrall
    11159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's not even a "probably" that they won't, they definitely won't change anything...

...And it's literally become the norm for players to double the size of the minimap on the HUD to see as many spotted players in their vicinity as possible - having your position revealed every time you fire a non-suppressed weapon is absolute nonsense when everyone in the game have their eyes glued to their minimap...

1. you never know, since all the BF1 players are coming back to BF4
    2. I didn't know that was a thing you could do...(the enlarging your minimap)

Lmao, not even. The bulk of BF4s population is on 2 of its 5 platforms, and it's not reaching too close to bf1s overall population.

It's as likely to happen as DICE remastering BF2.