Australian servers are all down/constantly crashing today?

Comments

• SNEERFULMITE22
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No one on this forum should pre-order or buy the next BF. No Matter how good the trailer looks. Don't fall into the trap and drop your hard earned money with zero support for Australian players. Goodbye EA/DICE. No more money for you from an Australian fan.
  • Capella9Ben
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2018
    Good chat session.

I got the run-around as well from Chat. 3 sessions so far. The first 2 were the usual rubbish support responses. The last one told me to talk to my ISP. Then they told me to post on the forum. FFS

I did do some trace routes and got odd results:
    Host Name                                               IP Address        Hop    Ping Time   Ping Avg   % Loss    Pkts r/s   Ping best/worst
    XXX                                                    192.168.0.1       1      0ms         0ms        0%        101 / 101  0ms / 5ms
    * Unknown Host *                                        0.0.0.0           2      0ms
    * Unknown Host *                                        58.160.250.129    3      11ms        12ms       0%        101 / 101  9ms / 24ms
    bundle-ether4.woo-edge901.brisbane.telstra.net          203.50.44.36      4      24ms        12ms       0%        101 / 101  9ms / 31ms
    bundle-ether5.woo-core1.brisbane.telstra.net            203.50.11.136     5      13ms        13ms       0%        101 / 101  10ms / 30ms
    bundle-ether20.chw-core10.sydney.telstra.net            203.50.11.180     6      22ms        24ms       0%        101 / 101  20ms / 40ms
    bundle-ether1.oxf-gw11.sydney.telstra.net               203.50.6.93       7      24ms        24ms       0%        101 / 101  20ms / 35ms
    bundle-ether1.sydo-core03.sydney.reach.com              203.50.13.98      8      24ms        24ms       0%        100 / 101  21ms / 37ms
    i-0-5-0-3.sydp-core02.bi.telstraglobal.net              202.84.223.17     9      26ms        25ms       0%        101 / 101  21ms / 37ms
    i-52.tlot-core02.bx.telstraglobal.net                   202.84.137.101    10     202ms       201ms      0%        101 / 101  197ms / 237ms
    i-0-4-0-9.tlot-core01.bi.telstraglobal.net              202.84.253.17     11     205ms       203ms      0%        100 / 100  200ms / 232ms
    l3-peer.tlot02.pr.telstraglobal.net                     134.159.61.18     12     208ms       197ms      0%        100 / 100  195ms / 208ms
    * Unknown Host *                                        4.69.214.74       13     200ms                  100%      0 / 100
    * Unknown Host *                                        0.0.0.0           14     0ms
    * Unknown Host *                                        0.0.0.0           15     0ms
    * Unknown Host *                                        0.0.0.0           16     0ms
    * Unknown Host *                                        0.0.0.0           17     0ms
    * Unknown Host *                                        159.153.92.98     18     258ms       260ms      0%        100 / 100  257ms / 274ms
    * Unknown Host *                                        159.153.93.6      19     273ms                  100%      0 / 100
    * Unknown Host *                                        159.153.225.67    20     268ms       266ms      0%        100 / 100  262ms / 298ms

• Bodo_Fraggins
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    sick of this
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Update from chat tonight. Sounds more promising than some of the other chat sessions I've read here recently.

Thank you for contacting EA HELP, my name is Danish, may I start with your first name please?

you
    Donald

Danish Hey Donald, pleasure meeting you!
    Danish Yes, we are aware of this and all the EA games are not working as of now. Entire EA servers are in maintenance. There is no need to worry all everything will be back to normal once the maintenance is over.

you
    Is this the same issue that has been happening for a week now?

Danish Yeah, I have been checking the forums and I can see tons of messages from Australian and New Zealand players.

you
    that's a pleasure to hear

you
    The player base is very concerned why an official announcement hasn't been made yetDanish I am a gamer too and from my view that's the issue however, we are not from the network tech team as they will be the one who will know precisely what's the matter.

Danish You are correct and after this issue went viral, I think EA decided to get this sorted and previously FIFA, BF1, Madden, NHL servers however, as of now entire Ea servers are down as they decided to get this sorted.
    Danish Again, cant speculate what could be the matter from last 5 days. We do not have the data as Dice will not share those data with us :(

you
    Do you have anything official from EA announcing they are aware and fixing the issues? Perhaps a URL or something

Danish Not as of now, if we did had any official links, I would have shared it with you. I will definitely check once asap.

you
    I find it poor practice from such a large developer to leave the entire player base hanging with no information.

you
    I appreciate your response but an official announcement would seem more appropriate to at least put the players at ease that something is being done to restore the service, especially in Oceania region

Danish 1000% agreed however, we think the servers which EA uses for the games are not from EA as they are 3rd party. Not sure entirely as these are crucial information. Dice should definitely compensate those players who are unable to play the game from last 7 days.

you
    I am not seeking compensation, I just want to see something from EA/Dice that the issue is being looked into. That is all that any of us want.

Danish regarding EA not sharing any official statement, I have documented your case and will share your feedback. Here is your Case: 40419980 ID.

Danish Yeah, that's what we are waiting as well/ compensation is not a resolution however, if they compensate our players then, they have a pretty good reason to cheer up our players and win the trust of those players who were not able to play the game.

you
    hopefully something more than "battlepacks". What a joke those are!Danish Yeah, I hope this time they need to address all the players properly with an official statements.

you
    thanks for your time today. It's good to hear at least you guys are aware of it. Any feedback given to EA for an official response would be great as all we want to know is that it is being investigated.

Danish Yeah, players need to know what's happening exactly and when's it's going to get sorted. you know what I mean. They should maintain the transparency with our players as they/ you are the ones who bring's business! Customers are more then "GOD" for any company.

you
    haha. Thanks again. Hopefully everything is working soon. ByeDanish Yeah, I will be looking forward too")

Danish Would there be anything else I could assist you with today?

you
    no thanks

I think this is one of the best support chats I've ever seen ... an agent who, in a way, is in the same situation as the customer, and thus, understands what they're going through.

At least we now have a hint about what's going on behind the scenes.
  • Echie89
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hey all,

Just wanted to add to the post.

Was on an aussie server 5 mins ago, and the server crash is still happening.

Come on EA fix your ****!
  • AZGD-Reinnnn
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited April 2018
    Cmon EA we aren't here to *removed * piders. We wanna play already!
  • ShevermiN
    403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Does it have anything to do with the incursions rollout ??? I might try it after it takes all night to download.
  • Nadsat1555
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Guessing we are seeing 300ms latency from AUS to US. Verizon has a high water mark SLA of 210ms

Is the Aus to US route the issue ?

http://www.verizonenterprise.com/about/network/latency/
  • SNEERFULMITE22
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Such a massive fraud !!
  • Nadsat1555
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Possibly backend issues on latency - wider spread http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9580741
  • ShevermiN
    403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well I'm downloading Incursions now, but without servers it's going to be hard to play or is the upgrade the problem back at the server host ???
  • clogger12
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Can I just say I too cannot join the BF1 mulitplayer! Very annoying. Need someone like Trump to sort it out, NOW!
  • GaZZa59
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Another day draws to a close & still EA servers here in Australia are not fit for purpose.............................!
  • PvtJohnTowle
    1036 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    clogger12 wrote: »
    Can I just say I too cannot join the BF1 mulitplayer! Very annoying. Need someone like Trump to sort it out, NOW!

Sorry couldn't resist !!

donald-trump-youre-fired-gif-1.gif

• PvtJohnTowle
    1036 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    Sir-Rouphie wrote: »
    I've been following this thread for days now, and I am pretty annoyed by some of the comments in here. It seems pretty entitled to think that because of a week of issues you deserve a full refund for a game that you have gotten your moneys worth out of, yes it sucks, and yes you should be mad, but this is just stupid.

But they are not even giving any compensation for those that have rented servers , so you agree that they should be compensated because they cannot have the full enjoyment of the servers THEY PAY FOR??

With a server you pay "up front" for however long you chose so not being able to use it for a week or more, you don't consider this as a "major fault"? If your builder didn't turn up for a week on a job, would you still be expected to pay him for the week he/she wasn't there?
    Spamming support lines? Calling for charge backs? Harassing employees and volunteers? This isn't good, you're painting the whole Australian customer base in a bad light.
    I encourage anyone who is affected to contact their EA Support line. I am not suggesting ring them multiple times but ring them once get a case or ref number. Get a commitment from them. Alternatively you are entitled to a refund.
    If a chargeback applies in your situation and it is within the card issuer guidelines including time frame, then this is another option, people should be made aware of their options. EA Staff warn about being "locked out of your account" but if BF1 is your only game, which you cannot physically play , their idle threat is moot. There is nothing stopping you creating another account at a future date. You are not applying for a loan and have to provide 100 points of ID are you?
    I don't believe anyone has called for harassment here. There is certainly a lot of frustration from the lack of communication.
    Clogging up support lines will only hurt the people that have issues that the support staff can actually help with, ruining other peoples experiences.
    They can help you get a refund that is their job too. But the support is there for one reason, to support EA's customer, which we all are. If they become inundated, which I believe is not happening as I was able to get through quite quickly on the number provided.
    Calling for charge backs might be legal under our consumer protection laws, but it's not the right way to go about it if you want a refund, work with the company until it's a last resort.
    Sorry but many of us have lost patience and I tired of the lack of communication. We are entitled to a refund (not necessarily a chargeback which is different process) . What do you mean "work with the company" I can see many people here have but gotten nowhere, basically EA can't give us any update or ETA on any resolution for the problem so I am perplexed by your statement that we as players (read customers) have to " work with the company" EA should be working for us to fix the problem , not the other way around. They haven't asked us to provide anything of note here to help solve this issue. So why you are saying this is confusing to say the least.
    What do I owe as a player of FPS to the community? What have you done for me? I owe the 'community" nothing. I can't see how asking for a refund is "painting the whole Australian customer base in a bad light"
    Most of all, the attitude towards employees and volunteers, they are doing their jobs, unfortunately that has now become placating the people in this thread so this can stay as a way to hopefully provide updates to the Dev team, and keep some amount of dialog with them.

Many here would question that the employees and volunteers "are doing their jobs" if they were wouldn't this be fixed by now?
    If there is no information on what the issue is, what do you expect from them? They are telling you what they know.

Why is there no new information? How long should we wait for this information? What do you consider acceptable? If not 8-10 days so far, would you accept to wait a month?
    I'm just as frustrated as you all are that I haven't been able to play on our regions servers, but you have to be level headed about this. Origin says I have 931 hours in this game, I think I've gotten my moneys worth. The ONLY people that deserve a refund of any kind are the people that have paid for servers, or bought the game just prior or during this problem.

But they are not even providing any pro-rata refund for the days lost for the privately leased servers that has been unplayable for the past 10 days. So what do you have to say about that? You are entitled to your opinion but everyone is
    different in how they are affected by this turn of events. There have been a number of promises made by EA/DICE in the past that have never come to fruition or seen the light of day. (Incursions anyone?) For me this is the straw the broke the camel's back. So you agree those who just bought the game prior to this downtime, are entitled to a refund but you also say they aren't entitled to a chargeback if they paid by CC. I am confused by your conflicting statements.
    What I would like to see is some more concrete communication with the Dev team, either with a Dev themselves, or frequent updates through Jeff Braddock. Also, I think that it's a great idea to get this out into the media, just to warn people from buying the game while it is in this state, and maybe light a fire under the Dev teams behind, although they should already be spraying it with petrol and stoking it already.

You and everyone else. Still confused by your stance about warning people about buying the game but criticising those who want a refund, seems to be a double standard there.

Chuck Norris played Col Braddock in a movie called “Missing in Action” I am seeing the humour here. Seems like an appropriate name for an EA employee that is rarely here to post any update.

• emu1981
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Good chat session.

I got the run-around as well from Chat. 3 sessions so far. The first 2 were the usual rubbish support responses. The last one told me to talk to my ISP. Then they told me to post on the forum. FFS

I did do some trace routes and got odd results:
    Host Name                                               IP Address        Hop    Ping Time   Ping Avg   % Loss    Pkts r/s   Ping best/worst
    XXX                                                    192.168.0.1       1      0ms         0ms        0%        101 / 101  0ms / 5ms
    * Unknown Host *                                        0.0.0.0           2      0ms
    * Unknown Host *                                        58.160.250.129    3      11ms        12ms       0%        101 / 101  9ms / 24ms
    bundle-ether4.woo-edge901.brisbane.telstra.net          203.50.44.36      4      24ms        12ms       0%        101 / 101  9ms / 31ms
    bundle-ether5.woo-core1.brisbane.telstra.net            203.50.11.136     5      13ms        13ms       0%        101 / 101  10ms / 30ms
    bundle-ether20.chw-core10.sydney.telstra.net            203.50.11.180     6      22ms        24ms       0%        101 / 101  20ms / 40ms
    bundle-ether1.oxf-gw11.sydney.telstra.net               203.50.6.93       7      24ms        24ms       0%        101 / 101  20ms / 35ms
    bundle-ether1.sydo-core03.sydney.reach.com              203.50.13.98      8      24ms        24ms       0%        100 / 101  21ms / 37ms
    i-0-5-0-3.sydp-core02.bi.telstraglobal.net              202.84.223.17     9      26ms        25ms       0%        101 / 101  21ms / 37ms
    i-52.tlot-core02.bx.telstraglobal.net                   202.84.137.101    10     202ms       201ms      0%        101 / 101  197ms / 237ms
    i-0-4-0-9.tlot-core01.bi.telstraglobal.net              202.84.253.17     11     205ms       203ms      0%        100 / 100  200ms / 232ms
    l3-peer.tlot02.pr.telstraglobal.net                     134.159.61.18     12     208ms       197ms      0%        100 / 100  195ms / 208ms
    * Unknown Host *                                        4.69.214.74       13     200ms                  100%      0 / 100
    * Unknown Host *                                        0.0.0.0           14     0ms
    * Unknown Host *                                        0.0.0.0           15     0ms
    * Unknown Host *                                        0.0.0.0           16     0ms
    * Unknown Host *                                        0.0.0.0           17     0ms
    * Unknown Host *                                        159.153.92.98     18     258ms       260ms      0%        100 / 100  257ms / 274ms
    * Unknown Host *                                        159.153.93.6      19     273ms                  100%      0 / 100
    * Unknown Host *                                        159.153.225.67    20     268ms       266ms      0%        100 / 100  262ms / 298ms

The IP address that you had traced to is located in the USA, somewhere in California. That is why you have a high ping there. The IP address that you traced looks like it is/was a SWTOR server IP at one stage - maybe still is.
  • AK_Stealthy_A
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    wow come on Dice, EA we pay good money for a game you cannot provide servers that don't crash?

when are dice creators going to allow others to host there own servers where we pay money for a server which is hosted on a different platform so if one platform goes down (like yours) the whole game doesn't go down.

I read about some people say get over it, no no no. Dice want to be the only ones who host the server and have no backup ideas then reap the comments.

Are you guys going to reimburse all the private server a month or two for hosting? The servers are hell expensive and yet we still have less control over them with BF4. No, you won't do that I think you're allowing this to push out your other games & the next BF. Just another company is wanting to harvest in all the profits and provide as little as possible.

I love the game I HATE THE BUSINESS MODEL.

• SNEERFULMITE22
    I am not sure but what that was out of frustration

@Braddock512 Nice one dude ...thousands of AU/NZ players are offline from BF1 for like 11 days now, How do you sleep at night?
This discussion has been closed.