Australian servers are all down/constantly crashing today?

Comments

• KittenMitnz
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 12
    Came here to vent my frustration at this extended *removed* outage, seems I'll be preaching the choir.

*removed*
    Post edited by StarscreamUK on
  • azkatov
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    why is it taking so long to have this fixed?
  • Jacques_the
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Agreed this is not the spot for it. Don't think the EA team ever look at the BF forums.

Truth on this is that a patch was loaded and they don't have a roll back for this. My customers would be p***** it this happened to them and take my scalp for this.
  • Cpl_McCrumpet
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    So we are still screwed?
  • sneerfulmite22
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Are servers back? Can see a couple of Aussie server running full for some time now.
  • GaZZa59
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yep truly screwed by the EA team !

All the server disconnect issues suddenly appeared just after the latest BF1 patch.......coincidence or what?
  • GaZZa59
    If not sorted by tomorrow the 13th April how about you join me in requesting refunds as shown to be achievable earlier in this thread & make it a very black Friday the 13th for EA.

Maybe once they see bulk refunds & customers walking away from their products EA might suddenly realise that customers are important if they want to remain in business.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    2439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    GaZZa59 wrote: »
    GaZZa59 wrote: »
    One more day before I request a refund & leave behind this pathetic mess that is EA.

I highly doubt that I will purchase another EA product in the foreseeable future based on the shocking level of customer support we have just endured.

Lets hope that other software companies see the danger of EA's lack of support as shown here in Australia & take any required steps to ensure they don't fall in to the same position.

Ea's loss will surely be some competitors gain?

Now who here can point me to a FPS game that is not an EA product that they can recommend to buy?

Rainbow Six Siege looks interesting ! On Steam !!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/359550/Tom_Clancys_Rainbow_Six_Siege/ Lots of players too !!

http://steamcharts.com/app/359550

Not sure that rainbow 6 siege would be my cup of tea but appreciate your help & quick reply....now if only EA were that quick to respond..........& in a helpful way.

Call of Duty ww2 any good for online play here in Aus....?

WW2 is dead on PC. As I'm writing this now, there's only 2,000+ players online on Steam. Campaign mode is pretty good - has a decent story but is quite generic according to some. If you're talking online play (Multiplayer and Zombies), you'll most likely have a hard time finding a good server with actual people on it (most multiplayer modes are dead at least in Aus). Zombies is easier to find a server but you'll have a load of lag most likely since you'll find hosts who are based in NA, Asia, EU etc - your shots will take 1 second on average to successfully register and no this isn't exaggerated.

Oh yeah, there's also a hacking problem on PC in multiplayer...

Call of Duty has been dead on PC ever since Ghosts came out. If you want to play a decent CoD game on PC, just pick either Black Ops 2 or Modern Warfare 2 ... these old games have a better community than WW2 at the moment, though you might want to look at getting the Alternate IWNet mod for MW2 for a server browser.

Hell, CoD WW2's PC version didn't even get their massive 'Divisions' update this week, even though the console versions got them; PC players have to wait another week for it ... goes to show where their priorities lie.

If you want modern hardcore shooters, might I recommend Insurgency, as this is one of the few hardcore shooters out there that has a player base greater than one thousand. The game also has Steam Workshop support, so you can download goodness-knows how many mods. If you want a shooter with an older setting, Red Orchestra 2, Rising Storm 2 Vietnam and Day of Infamy are good choices, though their player base is numbering in the low hundreds. Battalion 1944 is pretty much dead in the water, but it might come back to life in the next few months.

If you're somehow versed in modern military jargon, there's always SQUAD, though they are having player base issues as well. You'll need a fairly powerful PC for this one, unlike the previous games I mentioned.

Unfortunately, with Rising Storm 2 being a minor exception, all of these games look like they came from before 2010, so if you want good graphics as well as a hardcore FPS experience, your options are painfully limited.
  • Lewk86
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It appears some servers are working. But I got disconnected from one and when I join another, my ping starts at 20, then spikes up to over a 1000 for five minutes, before dropping down to 20 again for ten seconds and then spiking back up to over a 1000.. any suggestions?
    jjyCBxm.jpg
  • 1tass
    28 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I’m currently playing and haven’t encountered any issues as of yet
  • emu1981
    104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Lewk86 wrote: »
    It appears some servers are working. But I got disconnected from one and when I join another, my ping starts at 20, then spikes up to over a 1000 for five minutes, before dropping down to 20 again for ten seconds and then spiking back up to over a 1000.. any suggestions?
    jjyCBxm.jpg

I jumped into a match quickly and it was still broken with no ranks and end of match claiming private/unranked server. My server browser also claims that all of the AU servers have exactly 14 ms of latency to me which is wrong because I know a few of them sit at 20ms+... :neutral:
  • 1tass
    28 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah I’m experiencing ping going a bit everywhere as well now
  • GaZZa59
    Looks like the servers are back.....! Phew
  • Capella9Ben
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I can see a few servers that are full. The majority have 0 players.

I can't connect to one of the free servers.

...still not over...

FFS
  • PvtJohnTowle
    372 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited April 12
    no ranks -no DlC weapons - and everytime I select an armoured vehicle I get kicked from the game --all games like this are coming up as unranked/private game
  • s0rtius
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    no ranks -no DlC weapons - and everytime I select an armoured vehicle I get kicked from the game --all games like this are coming up as unranked/private game

My ranks and so forth are fine, but I'm definitely getting the booted from server every time I try to spawn in a tank or plane thing. I haven't tried cavalry yet, mainly because I don't want to keep getting booted.
  • Sir-Rouphie
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    s0rtius wrote: »

My ranks and so forth are fine, but I'm definitely getting the booted from server every time I try to spawn in a tank or plane thing. I haven't tried cavalry yet, mainly because I don't want to keep getting booted.
    I'd imagine that Calvary would be treated the same. Because you're spawning the vehicle in itself. Where transport vehicles are fine. It's frustrating that the game isn't working 100%, but it's much better than we've had.
  • SumwhatKrazy
    192 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You will never get a proper response from EA on these forums...Just tweet at @EAHelp and you will get a fast response cause they care about what the image looks like on twitter. If you really want a response and people jumping through hoops you will need a hashtag with a few hundred people on it.

Yeah i heard a long time ago that twitter is the only way to go with EA/Dice, i know its where they give updates/news/info and they dont on the forums, I've just never had a twitter account.
  • Braddock512
    1014 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager
    @SumwhatKrazy Sorry you feel that way. Our Announcements section is chock full of updates, news, and info. If you're unsure of where it is, it's at the top of every major section (differentiated by the game.)

Regarding this particular issue, we're still working with our teams and partners in the region to resolve the connectivity issue affecting our APAC players. We have seen some recovery, but will continue driving towards a resolution.

Thanks.
    -Braddock512-