Australian servers are all down/constantly crashing today?

Comments

• SumwhatKrazy
    204 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @SumwhatKrazy Sorry you feel that way. Our Announcements section is chock full of updates, news, and info. If you're unsure of where it is, it's at the top of every major section (differentiated by the game.)

Regarding this particular issue, we're still working with our teams and partners in the region to resolve the connectivity issue affecting our APAC players. We have seen some recovery, but will continue driving towards a resolution.

Thanks.
    -Braddock512-

Admittedly i hadn't even looked in there. I was just going on what i had heard. I'd heard some announcements or updates in the past had only been made on twitter.

Would be nice if it were fixed by the weekend. I got some cravings to play tonight/this morning.
  • FCG_Shadow
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    @SumwhatKrazy Sorry you feel that way. Our Announcements section is chock full of updates, news, and info. If you're unsure of where it is, it's at the top of every major section (differentiated by the game.)

Regarding this particular issue, we're still working with our teams and partners in the region to resolve the connectivity issue affecting our APAC players. We have seen some recovery, but will continue driving towards a resolution.

Thanks.
    -Braddock512-

Its hardly an update if it has no information in it, and is out of date (now 6 days old).

We are now entering 2 weeks of this farce. I worked in IT, 2 weeks of servers failing and people would be losing their jobs and contracts. Hopefully this results in EA/DICE having a good hard look at this joke of a business model....but im cynical they made their money. By the lack of actual results indicates there is no real care. And again you post but the word 'priority' is failing to be seen.

In the time frame of 2 weeks you could have found another provider, if not temporary, migrated the servers, and got the game up and running and avoided having the community grow to hate.

• M0rph4eus
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    FG_Shadow = SPot on I work in the Industry to for a hosting company if we did this to our customers we would be shown the door. To be down this long and not be provided any technical specifics on the issue tells me they are doing NOTHING !!. The best thing we can all do is not purchase BF in this country / region again the only thing these muppets understand is when revenue drops and like you have pointed out they have made there money so they couldn't care less.
  • M0rph4eus

Thanks.
    -Braddock512-

That's not an update that's pathetic its the same BS responses you have been peddling for 2 weeks now. 2 WEEKS !!!! Lets just think about that for a moment
  • TEKNOCODE
    8559 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    M0rph4eus wrote: »

Thanks.
    -Braddock512-

That's not an update that's pathetic its the same BS responses you have been peddling for 2 weeks now. 2 WEEKS !!!! Lets just think about that for a moment

Do you want them to lie and tell you that it’s fixed?

If they did, then you would throw a fit about that.
  • Lewk86
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Regarding this particular issue, we're still working with our teams and partners in the region to resolve the connectivity issue affecting our APAC players. We have seen some recovery but will continue driving towards a resolution.

Thanks.
    -Braddock512-

As an Australian BF fan, I am appalled at some of the comments in this forum by certain individuals. I'm sorry you have to deal with such insensitive people. While I am extremely frustrated by the servers not working for over a week, I would like to say that I appreciate the update that your teams are still working on all the issues. Thanks!
  • Nateoxide
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Well, We got 1 days play in yesterday and till lunch time today just now Friday and they are now crashing again. Sigh.
  • GoatseBuster
    edited April 13
    Lewk86 wrote: »
    Regarding this particular issue, we're still working with our teams and partners in the region to resolve the connectivity issue affecting our APAC players. We have seen some recovery but will continue driving towards a resolution.

Thanks.
    -Braddock512-

As an Australian BF fan, I am appalled at some of the comments in this forum by certain individuals. I'm sorry you have to deal with such insensitive people. While I am extremely frustrated by the servers not working for over a week, I would like to say that I appreciate the update that your teams are still working on all the issues. Thanks!

What a weak outlook on the current situation. I would side with you if it was a a few days but nearly 2 weeks! Come on ffs! We don't even have an estimated date or time of when this will be fixed! Last update I recall was a week ago now which was just the usual standard rubbish acknowledging there's an issue which we all knew.

Would you be happy to sit idle if your mobile was disconnected for 2 weeks with no ETA on it being reconnected? Would you be happy if your internet went down for 2 weeks again with no ETA on it being reconnected? Have you forgotten you paid for Battlefield 1?

I don't think asking for a tiny bit of information on what exactly is causing the issue is asking too much, especially after 2 weeks! After all, we are the consumer and we paid for this rubbish! It's not good enough and it's simply taking the *removed* out of people.
  • Jacques_the
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    This waste of time is still broken. Thought some improvement. Played couple rounds then massive ping spikes and disconnection.
  • FCG_Shadow
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Nateoxide wrote: »
    Well, We got 1 days play in yesterday and till lunch time today just now Friday and they are now crashing again. Sigh.

Until they officially tell us that they have fixed what ever issue their patch created was, I expect crashing to continue.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    445 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited April 13
    Lewk86 wrote: »

Thanks.
    -Braddock512-

Your player profile shows you are relatively new to BF1. You haven’t invested nearly as many hours in playtime like a lot of us veterans. So I think it is a bit rich for you to start judging people and you certainly do not represent the majority of veteran BF1 players in Australia. You must be reading a different thread as I see no informative update from EA in this thread.

• elkenyo
    5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Played multiple games tonight without a single issue. The lack of transparency is still disappointing, but kudos to the team for getting it working in time for a Friday night.
  • NICKTofficial
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 14
    In an age of "games as a service" we get first hand experience and a glowing indictment of what's to come. You're not valued as a consumer, you expected a product you bought to work? No, inferior quality and if you complain you're given shallow responses by community mitigaters. You think that "we got what we paid for already" yet it's not the case, we're being peddled these always online, multiplayer focused games and then to have their base fall out from underneath them is a farce. As for the servers, they forced people into buying official servers only and then can't even deliver on that front, the game's been plagued with connection issues almost religiously and for a game that's about the 6th or so entry? The people expect more, the people expect better. Deliver.
    Post edited by NICKTofficial on
  • AK_Stealthy_A
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    WOW If dice cannot work out what is causing the issue of the crashing then why on earth would any of us think about purchasing any other EA game until they prove to us they know a little bit about computers.

I'm sick of the online games of today, 10 years + online games were so much better and stable.
    Never once was I on a 1942, Vietnam BF2 server that crashed or had any significant Ping issues.

Usually, us when humans get older, we learn by experience, or do Dice only employ's UNI students to get them cheap? And if that's the case, this is why Dice does not learn from experience?

12 months and Platoons are still beta, are you're fresh uni students still trying to read the code of there predecessors. Dice get some experience in the office.

By The Way, I am not asking for a refund I think all rented servers should be refunded or a free months rent unless this goes over a month of downtime, plus I think all affected users from the affected counties should be entitled to all the free community missions while we cannot get on and play, which also includes the battle packs. People like myself want to try and achieve all challenges but its made very hard with no servers to play on in your own country. We should have the support missions and the scout missions activated for all.

• SumwhatKrazy
    204 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hmm no one on my friends list is playing, gonna take a wild guess and assume not fixed in time for the weekend? lol... :(
  • elkenyo
    5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Not a single player in any of the servers at the moment, so I assume the issues are back in full force. As Shadow said, I imagine it will persist until EA tell us otherwise. There seems to be the brief window here and there where it has some semblance of stability.

Good to see it's at least getting some traction outside of this post;
    https://www.kotaku.com.au/2018/04/serious-ongoing-issues-with-aussie-battlefield-1-servers-ignored-by-ea-for-over-a-week/

@Braddock512 if you're not going to tell us what is going on, can you at least comment on why there isn't more transparency on this issue? Your marketing team seems to have no problem communicating. https://twitter.com/bfbulletin
  • RocknKiwi
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    elkenyo wrote: »
    Not a single player in any of the servers at the moment, so I assume the issues are back ..
    No just played 9hrs no problems at all.
  • StarscreamUK
    6265 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Moderator
    Not a single player in any of the servers at the moment, so I assume the issues are back in full force. As Shadow said, I imagine it will persist until EA tell us otherwise. There seems to be the brief window here and there where it has some semblance of stability.

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2018/04/serious-ongoing-issues-with-aussie-battlefield-1-servers-ignored-by-ea-for-over-a-week/

@Braddock512 if you're not going to tell us what is going on, can you at least comment on why there isn't more transparency on this issue? Your marketing team seems to have no problem communicating. https://twitter.com/bfbulletin

bfbullletin is not part of EA. it is just a fan account.
  • SumwhatKrazy
    edited April 14

Iam (well my post) is famous! lol.. jokes aside, yeah it's good to see.
    No just played 9hrs no problems at all.

You played for nine hours straight??

I know for sure if no one on my friends list is playing that it is not fixed. Even though it is Saturday and some people actually go out... I really cant be bothered even wasting my time trying for myself.
    Good thing i have foxtel and its footy season..
This discussion has been closed.