Weekly BF

Australian servers are all down/constantly crashing today?

Comments

• SS142
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    Hey all,

If you can indulge me with your AMAZING patience for a couple more days, I'm super excited to share some more information.

I appreciate that this issue has been extremely annoying, quite frustrating, and you have every right to be upset. More importantly, I do appreciate the feedback on how we have messaged this issue - it's literally changing how we handle situations like this going forward, so a great good is coming from this regarding transparency, communication, etc.

Thank you again for sticking here, and I look forward to sharing more information very soon.

-Braddock512-

Soon, very soon. The NZ'ers will understand this TUI AD
  • AK_Stealthy_A
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I just thought I would post something strange is going on with the servers I am being kicked as soon as the game is finished, it isn't only 1 server it's a few of them and it's not just me being kicked.

I think this is strange as this is the 21st century.

• sabootheshaman
    1153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "very soon" must have a different meaning for @Braddock512

Also I love how we got told "it's literally changing how we handle situations like this going forward, so a great good is coming from this regarding transparency, communication, etc."

I've been away on holidays for a week and am genuinely surprised this is still dragging. That compensation better be mad balls for the people paying for servers.
  • AK_Stealthy_A
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think someone is trying to be a sales rep. honestly, we are still here why treat us like mushrooms. it's starting to feel like a big kick in tha nuts.
  • SumwhatKrazy
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    lol at trying to join a server with a queue only for it to be pretty much empty, then trying again in another server and after waiting a fair while being disconnected because the server disconnected at the end of the round...
  • PappaBrinno
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I honestly cant believe this problem is still occurring months and literal months of gutted Australian servers occasionally deciding they want to work for a day but then it's straight back to spaghetti code. I cant fathom why EA and Dice have moved onto new games and a new Battlefield inparticular when the current Battlefield being played is Broken in so many more ways than just the AUS servers being literally unconnectedable.
    P.S: will I actually be able to play the new battlefield if I buy it. and if I can I'd also love to be able to join my friends from the actual friends list for once.
  • Zavrix1
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Disconnected Disconnected Disconnected Disconnected Disconnected Disconnected Disconnected Disconnected This is starting to feel like ground hog day. Please where is an update regarding this issue ? I just can't reach into my wallet and pre order Bf V when this is going on.
  • Nateoxide
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    'Hey it looks like you are offline how about some campaign'. Can't log in to start servers gg. https://aussieservicedown.com/status/origin-ea This is old where is the compensation @Braddock512 ?? Let me guess!!!!! You have some important information to share very very very soon regarding the compensation. I would not bother about the compensation until such time as this end of round disconnected is gone. The service has not been able to work at 100% or even 75% since April 4th. today is the 21/6/18. I have 90 days left on server #2 and 98 days left on server #1 i feel it's only fair that every server owner gets a free 90 day extension.
  • sabootheshaman
    1153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Regarding the Oceanic Battlefield 1 PC issue -
    I do not have an update to share with you today. Some awesome information has come through and we will have a post up early next week and another to discuss compensation.
    This compensation will cover those PC players in the Australia/Oceanic region who were affected by this issue, those who rented RSP servers, and even those who chose to pursue refund options.

-Braddock512-

On June 2nd they said early next week. Feels like we are being trolled now.
  • sneerfulmite22
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The server crashed twice in last 30 mins, DICE/EA/ Moderator/anyone...Hello ??????
  • StarscreamUK
    7307 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    As moderators we can't do anything. We have no information that you don't already have.
  • sneerfulmite22
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    As moderators we can't do anything. We have no information that you don't already have.

Thanks, Moderator ...DICE/EA Hello ??? Server crashed twice in last 30 mins ....and what about the compensation for the server owners ??
    Post edited by sneerfulmite22 on
  • El-Sid-James
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Not just server owners, how about everybody who hasn't been able to play the game properly/at all for the last 2-3 months?
  • Braddock512
    1310 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    Not just server owners, how about everybody who hasn't been able to play the game properly/at all for the last 2-3 months?

Hey all,

The compensation plan is being finalized. We're about 90% complete with it, but are pulling some backend data to ensure we get it right for those affected by the inability to connect on PC in Australia from April 1 to May 8th - the main issue our messaging has been focused on.
    Without it being finalized with our legal teams and partners (who will need to assist in the deployment of the compensation), I cannot discuss it yet. RSP owners are definitely considered in this plan and we'll have that information as soon as possible. I'm very sorry for the delay.

-Braddock512-

• Shaun_Belligero
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Hey all,

The compensation plan is being finalized. We're about 90% complete with it, but are pulling some backend data to ensure we get it right for those affected by the inability to connect on PC in Australia from April 1 to May 8th - the main issue our messaging has been focused on.
    Without it being finalized with our legal teams and partners (who will need to assist in the deployment of the compensation), I cannot discuss it yet. RSP owners are definitely considered in this plan and we'll have that information as soon as possible. I'm very sorry for the delay.

-Braddock512-

Cool story...Maybe fix the issue while you are at it.
    Nightmare joining servers...sit there saying Loading and never gets any further.
    Or the issue of joining a game through your friends list...Unknown error..Manually find server and boom works.
  • El-Sid-James
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hey all,

Apologies for the small radio silence. I was boots-on-the-ground at EA PLAY and am working on the messaging to get to you.

To note: We haven't seen the issue that came to a head on April 1st - inability to connect/crashing servers after 2 minutes in the server - since May 8th. Teams worked diligently to resolve that - and yes, it took some time due to the external issues faced. To be perfectly honest, that issue, as mentioned, ended on May 8th.

Now, I know you're mentioning some end-of-round disconnections on PC - and I've seen posts from some of our console brothers and sisters mentioning the same.
    These are with our QA teams right now - but to clarify - while it is frustrating to happen, it's not at the frequency of the main issue affecting our PC players (now resolved) and it is a different issue completely. I'm working to get more details on that, what's exactly causing it, and our next steps so we can provide that info to you.

If you can indulge me with your AMAZING patience for a couple more days, I'm super excited to share some more information.

I appreciate that this issue has been extremely annoying, quite frustrating, and you have every right to be upset. More importantly, I do appreciate the feedback on how we have messaged this issue - it's literally changing how we handle situations like this going forward, so a great good is coming from this regarding transparency, communication, etc.

Thank you again for sticking here, and I look forward to sharing more information very soon.

-Braddock512-

So has any of this actually been fixed properly? And what is/was the information you were super excited to share? Or has all this just been an exercise in smoke and mirrors and will just be swept under the carpet?
  • Nateoxide
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    Lmao don't tell me we are back to crashing and packetloss every 5 seconds not 1 server going in AU @Braddock512 Looks like possibly the 'high traffic' issue is back
  • DigitalHype
    776 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    All the servers hare having isuses right now. This might not be the AU issue, you folks down under have been suffering with.
  • Nateoxide
    All the servers hare having isuses right now. This might not be the AU issue, you folks down under have been suffering with.

Very much hope so
  • emu1981
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nateoxide wrote: »

Very much hope so

The issue that was affecting only Oceania servers seems to have been fixed. Now we have a worldwide server issue situation that seems to have kicked off sometime around early Thursday morning AU time :\
This discussion has been closed.