This Week in Battlefield V

Australian servers are all down/constantly crashing today?

Comments

• Nateoxide
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    m1k3ol wrote: »
    Overall i think the Aus BF community have been pretty patient and have slogged this out for quite some time including having the thread effectively trolled by people from regions not effected by the issue without a lot of support from yourself or moderators.

My $0.02

ok, my point of view from someone out of that region...

Issue has been resolved since quite some time ago, as mentioned before...while I agree there's rage-inducing issues sometimes, it's not related to what was reported on this thread at the start, actually, it's issues we have got in a sporadic way on all regions and platforms...

Like the current EoR black screen issue (all regions, all platforms), nothing to do with this, it's an issue introduced during the last patch and the community has been told it's being worked on...

I understand how frustrating it can be to be met with this after coming from the other server issues, of course...

Haha i reported EOR in February mate. Check bugtracker. Well before any issue on this thread. I also knew back then that it was world wide. I tested it by joining other servers in Asia and the same problem occurs back in February. https://www.bftracker.com/view.php?id=5134 Saying this. I noticed this bug in early December 2017 but it didn't occur as much as it is now. let's say once a week maybe once a fortnight. Then it became worse in February so i reported the the issue via the correct place. Ticket status was changed about a week in and then for about 3 months not a sole commented from EA about progress nothing just left it in limbo until i cracked the sad's in this thread a few pages back then i got a response. Sure i admit it may have been off topic as such but with other recent issues and the EOR issue becoming far worse than first reported and lack of communication about the issue i decided to bring it up here.

Like the current EoR black screen issue (all regions, all platforms), nothing to do with this, it's an issue introduced during the last patch and the community has been told it's being worked on...

That comment is incorrect.
    Post edited by Nateoxide on
  • sabootheshaman
    1112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Overall i think the Aus BF community have been pretty patient and have slogged this out for quite some time including having the thread effectively trolled by people from regions not effected by the issue without a lot of support from yourself or moderators.

My $0.02

ok, my point of view from someone out of that region...

Issue has been resolved since quite some time ago, as mentioned before...while I agree there's rage-inducing issues sometimes, it's not related to what was reported on this thread at the start, actually, it's issues we have got in a sporadic way on all regions and platforms...

I understand how frustrating it can be to be met with this after coming from the other server issues, of course...

I am not sure if i was clear. The issue isn't resolved until the compensation package is announced. Which is where a lot of peoples frustration is coming from. @Braddock512 has acknowledged that, this is the point at which this thread will close. Historically the communication has been appalling and I am actually quite unsure of what your point is other than to provide yet another distraction off the actual topic. I at no point mentioned any other issue not related to the OP.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13063 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I realise @AK_Stealthy_A may have crossed a line for the forum rules but the moderators and your responses seem to lack any sort of empathy.
    Our duty as volunteer moderators ( those of us with blue nametags ) is to ensure the forum guidelines are upheld.

We do try to help where possible, But in some instances ( such as this particular issue ) we are unable to help in any way, shape or form.

However, Please note that your post above that I have quoted, Is Discussion Of Moderation, Which also I may add is a forum rule violation.
    You can check the Forum Guidelines Here, So please ensure you do not violate them.

Secondly, We are not support staff, So these sorts of technical issues are beyond our reach to be able to help you to a reasonable conclusion.

Overall i think the Aus BF community have been pretty patient and have slogged this out for quite some time
    I agree, The Australian and Oceanic players have been pretty patient, Which we definitely Appreciate.

However, Frustration is not a get out of Jail free card for any violations that arise during the heated posts that yourself, Or others make.

We get that you guys are frustrated and you have every right to be, How you portray that frustration is, Ultimately, Up to you.
    It can either be productive and constructive ( e.g reasonable and civil ), Or it can be flaming, baiting, and abuse ( or otherwise violating the rules ).

One leads to a healthy discussion where feedback can be discussed and everybody is relatively happy with the outcome, The other leads to an infraction ( and possible suspension ) and a particularly unhappy user.

I know which I would pick.
  • AK_Stealthy_A
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hey @Braddock512

I thought I might just point out some of my frustrations just in case you are not aware of why I am so frustrated.
    Some of these may appear to be obvious, but we cannot assume anything these days, as there is no such thing as common sense.
    1. Being disconnected to the server. (this is obvious (Detective Stealthy)).
    2. Playing mid game and being disconnected. bammm any points or progress you were working on at the time is now lost. (This being linked to Dogtags, Medals and CodeX)
    3. A lengthy time trying to join your favourite server or any server for that matter which has players in it, to find out that the only reason why you were able to join the server is that players on the losing side left before the game ended, and you get on and bam your disconnected, which means now you need to find another server and doing it all over again now mind you 64 other players are doing the same thing.
    4. Finally got to play a whole map without being disconnected from the server during the game, Bammmm EoR disconnect from the server lost any advancement on anything i was working on (This being linked to Dogtags, Medals and CodeX).
    5. Playing awesome made a Dogtag and a Medal in that round awesome, but wait for it Bammmmm EoR disconnect (which means I need to redo them).
    6. Reading this thread on the forum you stated on the May 21, 2018 8:21AM " I'm taking the lead on communicating this issue" also quoting you will be giving us weekly updates, this also should entail "Nothing further to report this week and also answering some Customers I.E. "US" have questions. but may I go back to you stating " I'm taking the lead on communicating this issue" by you wanting to take the lead to me is dealing with us a little more than what you are?
    7. also Braddock you stated that you would give us weekly updates, which you haven't technically in the last month. you also stated because of this post this is going to change the way Dice communicate with "US" the Customer.
    8. Mind you still I am working on finishing the last few Dogtags, Medals & Codex, and wouldn't you know it Bammm, I got myself another EoR Disconnect.
    9. GRRRR ARRRRRRRR (hair pulling)
    10. This then leads to A post on the forum

Mind you a lot of disconnection have gone on before posting, and might I add most posts are recent. (Obvious)
    The above may not seem like a reason to be frustrating to you, but it is to me. (Obvious).

Now I am NOT, and I repeat NOT commenting on Moderators as I know as they are here purely to keep the forums in order which I fully appreciate that, plus the fact they do this for free. Hats off to you guys. Plus the fact they have also said they cannot do anything about it. (mind you one Moderator stands out perfectly and very professionally in my opinion If any Dice Employee would like to know who just PM me).

I have been directing all this to you why, well because you put your hand up to take the lead, plus you wanted feedback from us, but in the last month you have not communicated with us on this thread with any insight or feedback on the issue at hand.

Let me ask you a question if you go into the store and you purchase something, and something is wrong with it you go back the next day, sometimes the employee cannot help you, you need to communicate with the store manager. And if the store manager does nothing about it what would you do?

I saw this response and honestly was a little aghast about how blunt it was. I thought about it and I can still say I think it's a little bit meh.

@Braddock512 I realise @AK_Stealthy_A may have crossed a line for the forum rules. Look at the time gap in your response and look at your previous statements on improved communications. This an absolute debacle at this point and I don't think your response displays anything but a lack of understanding for the frustrations felt by some here. You choose to play your role the way you want to play it but maybe separate comms. to in regards to forum rule breakage and the update on the issue. I think it's made people feel like they are being ignored and or berated.

Overall i think the Aus BF community have been pretty patient and have slogged this out for quite some time including having the thread effectively trolled by people from regions not effected by the issue without a lot of support from yourself.

My $0.02

@sabootheshaman you are 100% correct in what you stated.

Best Regards,
    Stealthy

• m1k3ol
    823 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Moderator
    Nateoxide wrote: »

While it's the same end result, it's actually a separate issue...current one is client related, the one you reported is server related (to my experience)

I am not sure if i was clear. The issue isn't resolved until the compensation package is announced. Which is where a lot of peoples frustration is coming from. @Braddock512 has acknowledged that, this is the point at which this thread will close. Historically the communication has been appalling and I am actually quite unsure of what your point is other than to provide yet another distraction off the actual topic. I at no point mentioned any other issue not related to the OP.

Absolutely clear, and you're correct, I was just commenting on the part I quoted about the AUS community (as an out of region player), as I've seen there's some confusion with some players about current and past issues, which are not related, but I understand how bothersome it can be, specially when the current issues give the same results, making it look as if the last issue was not resolved...

I hope the compensation comes fairly swiftly...
  • SS142
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    Braddock is going on holiday at the end of this week, so if we don't hear any new developments prior to our time Saturday then we will just be left in limbo. A good suggestion to @braddock512 would be to delegate the task to someone else to keep us in the loop ? Jaqub Ajmal as producer of live services at Dice would be an excellent candidate.

Post edited by SS142 on
  • PvtJohnTowle
    911 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SS142 wrote: »
    Braddock is going on holiday at the end of this week, so if we don't hear any new developments prior to our time Saturday then we will just be left in limbo. A good suggestion to @braddock512 would be to delegate the task to someone else to keep us in the loop ?

How do you know this? Are you his PA?
  • SS142
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Braddock posted it on his twitter account, LoL.
  • Nateoxide
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

While it's the same end result, it's actually a separate issue...current one is client related, the one you reported is server related (to my experience)

Absolutely clear, and you're correct, I was just commenting on the part I quoted about the AUS community (as an out of region player), as I've seen there's some confusion with some players about current and past issues, which are not related, but I understand how bothersome it can be, specially when the current issues give the same results, making it look as if the last issue was not resolved...

I hope the compensation comes fairly swiftly...

Don't understand the same black screen Eor disconnect has been in the game for donkys years but you claim it's different? It's been the same old bug world wide for almost half a year. Just more apparent right now. Happens at the same time the same way as December 2017. I get before now it wasn't as common maybe that's why you think it's different.
  • AK_Stealthy_A
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Braddock is going on holiday at the end of this week, so if we don't hear any new developments prior to our time Saturday then we will just be left in limbo. A good suggestion to @braddock512 would be to delegate the task to someone else to keep us in the loop ? Jaqub Ajmal as producer of live services at Dice would be an excellent candidate.

so he won't be here to tell us about the wonderful news that he has worked so hard on, or will we have to wait for his return?

• AK_Stealthy_A
    For what it is worth some might say that this is a different problem, I say it may be still linked.
    Today I tried to join a server I got disconnected as soon as it finished loading, I went back to the same server I could join.
  • m1k3ol
    823 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Moderator
    Don't understand the same black screen Eor disconnect has been in the game for donkys years but you claim it's different? It's been the same old bug world wide for almost half a year. Just more apparent right now. Happens at the same time the same way as December 2017. I get before now it wasn't as common maybe that's why you think it's different.

Hmm, just wondering, PC or console?

If it's console, I agree, it's difficult to tell apart since the only difference in experience is if the server remains alive or not...

At least regarding PC, not related at all...ones are the client, others the servers, and other the backend...and just sometimes, not even game related, but some world or regional issue...

Yes, all of those can trigger the black screen issue and give the same result (as long as I remember)
  • Nokharma
    8 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's been what 3 months ? maybe more ? , still getting disconnected at the end of games at times , let's face it , they're not going to do anything , they'r not learning anything , we're being strung along till they think we've forgotten and that will be the end of it , compensation ? , doubt it will happen , if it was going too , it would have by now :/
  • StarscreamUK
    7286 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    This thread wasn't created for the end of round issue. That's totally seperate.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    911 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    Braddock posted it on his twitter account, LoL.

How do you that Braddock512 doesn't already have a backup or someone to take his place whilst he is on vacation? EA is a big company and I am sure they have contingency plans in place for situations just like this. You fret too much. Don't worry , maybe they are already at the 90% mark on this issue and that 10% will happen soon ........
  • Braddock512
    1290 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    Good morning (Los Angeles time, so it's still morning here):

The "Thank You" package has been approved and teams are working on the process to roll it out. It doesn't look like it will be rolled out today. I'm pushing to have it done before the end of next week.

I will be posting later today (once I'm in the office and have followed up with the various teams that are required to push this package out) with details on what the package includes for the PC players affected by the severe connectivity issue from April 1 to May 8th.
    • This includes in-game items as well as something for our RSP admins who had servers active during this time.

Now, I know there's been conversation above about my taking time off work. I haven't had any vacation time for this entire year yet, so I am looking forward to taking next week off to recharge and get ready for the upcoming Beta (early September), Gamescom, and the release in October. That doesn't mean I won't be checking my emails for updates from the team that will be deploying the package. As soon as I have a confirmation it is ready to deploy, I will post in the forums - regardless of being on vacation - to inform you of the roll-out window.

Talk to you soon,

Jeff

• The-Brown-Mist
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    drum roll.........
  • Braddock512
    1290 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    The team that needs to process the in-game items to be deployed are following up with me on Monday.
    I will be checking my email and when we have the date that the deploy will go out, I'll post here and create an announcement thread.
    This will also go hand-in-hand with the RSP portion.

Thank you for your patience.

Jeff
  • Nokharma
    8 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This thread wasn't created for the end of round issue. That's totally seperate.

End of round issue didn't appear till they started fixing the random , it's a left over and so not separate , but all fantastic now that we're getting skins or battle packs for months of problems for a game that will be defunct in literally a few months , way to go EA !!!!!!!
  • PvtJohnTowle
    Probably a skin or battlepack we have already earned in the game. Give me the peacemaker without having to go through all the extra steps would be better.
This discussion has been closed.