Australian servers are all down/constantly crashing today?

Comments

  • StarscreamUK
    7271 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Nokharma wrote: »
    End of round issue didn't appear till they started fixing the random , it's a left over and so not separate , but all fantastic now that we're getting skins or battle packs for months of problems for a game that will be defunct in literally a few months , way to go EA !!!!!!!

    The eor issue was present before and is affecting the world. The issue this thread pertains to is not the eor issue and the fix you talk about was only implemented for oceania. So the eor is not a left over from that fix. Besides which, scroll up the page, you will see nateoxide already pointing out he had come across this several weeks before the server issue in oceania. Until 2 days ago, I had never suffered the eor issue.
  • Nokharma
    8 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Until 2 days ago, I had never suffered the eor issue.

    Well lucky you cause it's been plaguing me and my friends for weeks , and playing since launch day I have never suffered any eor disconnects till this whole sad issue started , gg :)

  • StarscreamUK
    7271 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    That's the point I was making. The eor is a different issue to the servers dumping everyone mid game (this thread)
  • TectonicGuns
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Geez, I though the Oceania Xbox servers were bad...
  • m1k3ol
    823 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Moderator
    Nokharma wrote: »
    Until 2 days ago, I had never suffered the eor issue.

    Well lucky you cause it's been plaguing me and my friends for weeks , and playing since launch day I have never suffered any eor disconnects till this whole sad issue started , gg :)

    that's easy and simple...

    the EoR issue looks the same as when you were already having the servers issues...

    You as an end-user experience the same issue, but one (this thread) was a server issue, the current one is a game issue that happened after a patch, and that will be patched out as well...

    No, they are not related, nor the same thing, even though your current experience might give you a different impression...
  • Nokharma
    8 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    That's the point I was making. The eor is a different issue to the servers dumping everyone mid game (this thread)

    Yes , and thats your opinion , my opinion is based on my experiences and those of the group of guy's I play with and that is that all these issues started at the same time , early April , I have no proof if they're related or not but you dont either , you cannot state credibly that these disconnect problems aren't related because EA have not said what has been causing it from day one except to say that it's not their fault and beyond their control or words to that effect , the eor probs ran on from the random crashes which do seem to be fixed so my opinion is that it's a left over that still needs attention , only EA knows the truth of all of this , all we have is our own opinions for lack of any real information .
  • StarscreamUK
    7271 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited July 2018
    No, its fact. The servers dumping everyone is a totally different issue to the eor issue. No I am not at liberty to discuss it further. But they are not the same issue.
  • Nokharma
    8 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No, its fact. The servers dumping everyone is a totally different issue to the eor issue. No I am not at liberty to discuss it further. But they are not the same issue.

    OH ok then it's a "fact" , it must be true ! LOL , whatever pal , I wouldn't bother asking you to discuss it further , we cant allow sharing of information to ppl who spend money on a product can we , what would that lead too ? , customer satisfaction ? , thats the last thing EA would need being the popular company they are , anyway , all good , cant wait for my in game rewards !!!!!!
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12836 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @Nokharma

    There's no need for being like that.

    You wouldn't like it if we spoke to you with sarcasm.

    I can understand frustration but lets keep it constructive and civil please.

    The EOR bug has been introduced with the June patch, It is not directly related to the server crashes that this thread is regarding, however it IS more noticeable and feels related though I stress it is not.
  • Big_Daddy_Ado
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Please don't feed the trolls......

    Seriously mate did you make this account just to carry on???
  • b0sk1
    167 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @Nokharma

    There's no need for being like that.

    You wouldn't like it if we spoke to you with sarcasm.

    I can understand frustration but lets keep it constructive and civil please.

    The EOR bug has been introduced with the June patch, It is not directly related to the server crashes that this thread is regarding, however it IS more noticeable and feels related though I stress it is not.

    While I agree the sarcasm was a bit much, his underlying point is a good one. Communication hasn't been great, and a clear answer on what exactly went wrong has never been explained (at least to my knowledge). This is the first non Dice/EA poster to claim to know what transpired and how its different from what the previous issue was. To me thats information that should be shared.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12836 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited July 2018
    b0sk1 wrote: »
    Communication hasn't been great, and a clear answer on what exactly went wrong has never been explained (at least to my knowledge). This is the first non Dice/EA poster to claim to know what transpired and how its different from what the previous issue was. To me thats information that should be shared.

    All we know is that the Server crashing issue is completely unrelated to the EOR black screen / infinite loading bug.

    e.g
    The server crashing issue has been a known thing since April, Correct?

    Only now, Following the June patch are we seeing many reports on the EOR infinite loading bug.

    So going by those 2 differences in circumstance, It's clear ( at least to me ) that neither are related and that's what we're trying to convey, Despite others believing otherwise.


    It's a gamble when it comes to software, Bugs can simply be created by resolving other issues by means of changing code, And as a QA team is not even going to scratch the surface in terms of numbers compared to the HUGE amount of players playing daily, These things can, And often do get missed.


    I wish I could say EXACTLY what went wrong, But neither myself or the other moderators know what it is and how it can be resolved.


    That said, Braddock or one of the other EA guys will be posting updates as and when they become available
  • sabootheshaman
    1042 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dudes on holiday I know, but sooooo much for that Monday update.
  • Nateoxide
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    So this EOR has been around far longer than the last update. I haven't yet seen the infinite loading bug. The EOR crashes 95% of Australia are getting goes like this. Stsrting early december pretty rarely you would finish around vote for a map get to the highlight screen then the screen goes black and kicks everyone out the server. I can see why there is confusion. So basically you have multiple problems that give you the same EOR. I'd be focusing on the server crash one first before the other EOR you claim of that I've never seen once. I did try to report it early but was like talking to a cemented wall.

  • emu1981
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    Nateoxide wrote: »
    So this EOR has been around far longer than the last update. I haven't yet seen the infinite loading bug. The EOR crashes 95% of Australia are getting goes like this. Stsrting early december pretty rarely you would finish around vote for a map get to the highlight screen then the screen goes black and kicks everyone out the server. I can see why there is confusion. So basically you have multiple problems that give you the same EOR. I'd be focusing on the server crash one first before the other EOR you claim of that I've never seen once. I did try to report it early but was like talking to a cemented wall.

    The EoR bug isn't as common as you seem to think. I have only had the EoR bug once in the past 35 rounds going back the past 8 days and 3-4 times out of all the rounds (at least 112 rounds) that I have played since the Oceania issue was fixed.

    In my experience, the endless loading screen is more common but it seems to occur when you play on a server, quit the server, go to join another server and click the "browse while waiting" button if you are in queue. You get stuck with the "Loading..." in the top right hand side of your screen and requires the game to be Alt+F4'd to exit to be able to play again. This started happening when they changed it so you cannot click on the box in the top right corner to get back to the queue screen.
  • Nateoxide
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    emu1981 wrote: »
    Nateoxide wrote: »
    So this EOR has been around far longer than the last update. I haven't yet seen the infinite loading bug. The EOR crashes 95% of Australia are getting goes like this. Stsrting early december pretty rarely you would finish around vote for a map get to the highlight screen then the screen goes black and kicks everyone out the server. I can see why there is confusion. So basically you have multiple problems that give you the same EOR. I'd be focusing on the server crash one first before the other EOR you claim of that I've never seen once. I did try to report it early but was like talking to a cemented wall.

    The EoR bug isn't as common as you seem to think. I have only had the EoR bug once in the past 35 rounds going back the past 8 days and 3-4 times out of all the rounds (at least 112 rounds) that I have played since the Oceania issue was fixed.

    In my experience, the endless loading screen is more common but it seems to occur when you play on a server, quit the server, go to join another server and click the "browse while waiting" button if you are in queue. You get stuck with the "Loading..." in the top right hand side of your screen and requires the game to be Alt+F4'd to exit to be able to play again. This started happening when they changed it so you cannot click on the box in the top right corner to get back to the queue screen.

    I have few servers i see it everyday not just my server, the issue you reporting on sounds extremely different to mine. In fact i haven't seen the issue you reported once and i chop n change thru my 3 servers everyday countless hours idling and i can tell you right now the EOR is very common. Vote for a map then black screen everyone kicked to the message you have lost connection to ea. I appreciate you replying but i see it almost everyday so i am sorry its extremely common. What isn't common to me is infinite loading bug. I have yet to see it once. I am not trying to be funny either. Nothing worse idling for 5 hours finally fill a sever play one round then get the EOR CRASH at the end of the first round.
    Post edited by Nateoxide on
  • Shaun_Belligero
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    the EOR crash has been around for ages but it seems to be more often now. Especially today our server has had 3 EOR crashes in 2 hours. It's a pain because then it repeats the same map...and we need to wait for people to rejoin which sometimes take a bit.

    But it's not like Brad / EA cares they are too busy running around in panic mode for BFV no doubt....and no doubt this issue will carry on to the next title...
  • b0sk1
    167 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    b0sk1 wrote: »
    Communication hasn't been great, and a clear answer on what exactly went wrong has never been explained (at least to my knowledge). This is the first non Dice/EA poster to claim to know what transpired and how its different from what the previous issue was. To me thats information that should be shared.

    All we know is that the Server crashing issue is completely unrelated to the EOR black screen / infinite loading bug.

    e.g
    The server crashing issue has been a known thing since April, Correct?

    Only now, Following the June patch are we seeing many reports on the EOR infinite loading bug.

    So going by those 2 differences in circumstance, It's clear ( at least to me ) that neither are related and that's what we're trying to convey, Despite others believing otherwise.


    It's a gamble when it comes to software, Bugs can simply be created by resolving other issues by means of changing code, And as a QA team is not even going to scratch the surface in terms of numbers compared to the HUGE amount of players playing daily, These things can, And often do get missed.


    I wish I could say EXACTLY what went wrong, But neither myself or the other moderators know what it is and how it can be resolved.


    That said, Braddock or one of the other EA guys will be posting updates as and when they become available

    To me, when someone says "No I am not at liberty to discuss it further." It kind of insinuates they know more then what they said, just not allowed to say it.
  • StarscreamUK
    7271 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    It means quite simply that I cannot discuss it further.
  • emu1981
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ironically, about 30 minutes after I posted, the server that I was on (the A1 one if I remember right) had a EoR bug lol
This discussion has been closed.