Australian servers are all down/constantly crashing today?

Comments

• StarscreamUK
    7271 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    The eor bug is equally as annoying as the server dumping I'm sure. Let's see what the forthcoming patch brings everyone.
  • The-Brown-Mist
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited July 2018
    Dudes on holiday I know, but sooooo much for that Monday update.

Whilst appreciating efforts made by Braddock in relation to this saga and the moderators input, Braddock has got to stop specifying times and dates to the community regarding new info or next time of contact. I'm sure there are completely valid reasons for not being able to update/communicate (with) the community at the stated times and dates. Just don't give specifics unless it's a certainty. Otherwise it only makes things worse for the overall community respect as a whole. Information is of course always welcome, please know that.
    Post edited by The-Brown-Mist on
  • Shaun_Belligero
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dudes on holiday I know, but sooooo much for that Monday update.

Whilst appreciating efforts made by Braddock in relation to this saga and the moderators input, Braddock has got to stop specifying times and dates to the community regarding new info or next time of contact. I'm sure there are completely valid reasons for not being able to update/communicate (with) the community at the stated times and dates. Just don't give specifics unless it's a certainty. Otherwise it only makes things worse for the overall community respect as a whole. Information is of course always welcome, please know that.

lol what effort...
  • sneerfulmite22
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    -ww1-Classic map server crashed 4 times since morning ( almost after every second or third round ). 26th of July 2018

This is an absolute disgrace.

"-thank u-"
  • sabootheshaman
    1042 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The longer it goes, the value of any "in game" compensation is diminishing. We are now into another Australian Friday with stuff all again and @Braddock512 is on leave with clearly no fall back process in place. You are a multinational company for crying out loud!!! Get your act together.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    902 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The longer it goes, the value of any "in game" compensation is diminishing. We are now into another Australian Friday with stuff all again and @Braddock512 is on leave with clearly no fall back process in place. You are a multinational company for crying out loud!!! Get your act together.

Run by an Australian.... go figure.
  • sabootheshaman
    1042 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Run by an Australian.... go figure.

Geelong... Is it really Australia?
  • TheMunt
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pretty spot on comment re diminished value. Unless of course it has some financial benefit to the upcoming game, I’m usually playing daily but since April my attentiveness to playing bf1 took a rapid nosedive as it is entertainment I will seek other forms, which is no good for shoring up a community which I’m all for but this has left a bitter taste.

Wanted to post here to ensure that it’s not left for dead on this topic it has affected my opinion despite being the only Aus based person to get a pre alpha to BFV (mistakenly given due to an EA error, go figure)
  • AK_Stealthy_A
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The team that needs to process the in-game items to be deployed are following up with me on Monday.
    I will be checking my email and when we have the date that the deploy will go out, I'll post here and create an announcement thread.
    This will also go hand-in-hand with the RSP portion.

Thank you for your patience.

Jeff

Braddock has saved himself as he stats, he will have information on Monday but doesn't state which Monday.

Lucky I am not holding my breath on anything EA says anymore.

That post was made on Saturday, July 21, 2018 10:19AM it is now Friday, 27th July, 2018 @ 8:20 PM.

• maximus-k1
    14 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2018

Braddock has saved himself as he stats, he will have information on Monday but doesn't state which Monday.

Lucky I am not holding my breath on anything EA says anymore.

That post was made on Saturday, July 21, 2018 10:19AM it is now Friday, 27th July, 2018 @ 8:20 PM.

Obviously Monday 22nd of July 2019.
  • StarscreamUK
    7271 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    He didn't say he would report on Monday. He said the teams would report to him. Until they give the date to him he can't say the date.
  • Braddock512
    1275 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    He didn't say he would report on Monday. He said the teams would report to him. Until they give the date to him he can't say the date.
    Thanks, that's EXACTLY what I stated.

If we need a reminder:
    The team that needs to process the in-game items to be deployed are following up with me on Monday.
    I will be checking my email and when we have the date that the deploy will go out, I'll post here and create an announcement thread.
    This will also go hand-in-hand with the RSP portion.

Thank you for your patience.

Jeff

Now, since this isn't clear to some, I'll clarify.
    I am waiting on the team that has to process the deployment of the in-game grant. In my post, I did not indicate that I would be posting on the forums on Monday. Rather, I stated that I would be following up with them on Monday (during my vacation) and when THEY give me the date of deployment, I will post. Unfortunately, some inferred that I meant I would be posting on Monday.

I have not received any update from the team that has to create the entitlement to be added to the account so the grant will work properly. I have emailed them on Wednesday and am waiting for more information/timelines on when this will be done. When I have that information, as stated previously, I will make a post here and create an announcement.

Feel free to keep your snark at a minimum or just don't post. It's not hard.

-Braddock512-

• Nokharma
    8 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

-Braddock512-

Well you have a whole country of CUSTOMERS who are pretty dissatisfied with three months of this with no end in sight still , I think we have a right to be a tad "snarky" , what else isn't hard is sharing the information CUSTOMERS have been pleading for from day one ;)

• Big_Daddy_Ado
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You should take your own advise and just not post until YOU have actual clear information. As community manager your posts should not leave people trying to figure out what you are trying to say.

Then you would be complaining that Braddock wasn't giving any indication. Lets face it, no matter what he says or does there are going to be a bunch of (insert your own description here) that will whine no matter what just for the sake of complaining. Unfortunately this appears to be how the world operates now days.

I can't find one iota of ambiguity in Braddock's post TBH but again many choose to hear what they want to hear while only a small minority tend to hear what is actually being said.

Personally I feel that if a post adds absolutely no value to the discussion you should save yourself the wear and tear on your keyboard, turn the PC off and go outside for a bit as I am about to do......

• StarscreamUK
    When you operate on global companies, they move internally at the speed of a glacier. Because every little thing has to go to different departments repeatedly.

• LOLGotYerTags
    12838 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Nokharma wrote: »

-Braddock512-

Well you have a whole country of CUSTOMERS who are pretty dissatisfied with three months of this with no end in sight still , I think we have a right to be a tad "snarky" , what else isn't hard is sharing the information CUSTOMERS have been pleading for from day one ;)

Once Braddock knows more, He will post accordingly.

As mentioned before, If you are unable to post without the snarky comments, Don't post.

Now lets keep this on topic, Constructive and without snark.

I trust I will not need to ask again.

• sabootheshaman
    When you operate on global companies, they move internally at the speed of a glacier. Because every little thing has to go to different departments repeatedly.

Some of us might work or have worked for global companies... In fact I just checked... My previous 2 employers have 138,000 and 442,000 employees. Both software/services companies. EA has 9,300. I saw rollbacks, compensation packages etc. move faster than this. It's a sweeping generalisation you are making and I do not agree. A backup plan should be in place for these comms during @Braddock512 absence. It was not and I will stand by my statement of diminishing returns on any in game compensation with each day that passes. The lack of empathy from EA/DICE is appalling at this point in time.
  • ShevermiN
    389 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Some of us might work or have worked for global companies... In fact I just checked... My previous 2 employers have 138,000 and 442,000 employees. Both software/services companies. EA has 9,300. I saw rollbacks, compensation packages etc. move faster than this. It's a sweeping generalisation you are making and I do not agree. A backup plan should be in place for these comms during @Braddock512 absence. It was not and I will stand by my statement of diminishing returns on any in game compensation with each day that passes. The lack of empathy from EA/DICE is appalling at this point in time.

Yes it was annoying when the servers were having trouble for about 4 weeks with disconnects. But for the most part the servers have been stable and payable since launch. You guys are like seagulls after a chip looking for some freebee... All that should happen is that server owners should be getting extended time on there rentals for the time lost due to disconnects..

The game has been out for 18 months and I wouldn't have lost 10 nights gaming due to interruptions.
  • StarscreamUK
    There is no need for a backup plan. He is checking emails while away. Once the team report the rollout date he will tell you, until then he cant say. If you scroll up you can read that.
This discussion has been closed.