Australian servers are all down/constantly crashing today?

Comments

• sabootheshaman
    1254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ShevermiN wrote: »
    When you operate on global companies, they move internally at the speed of a glacier. Because every little thing has to go to different departments repeatedly.

Some of us might work or have worked for global companies... In fact I just checked... My previous 2 employers have 138,000 and 442,000 employees. Both software/services companies. EA has 9,300. I saw rollbacks, compensation packages etc. move faster than this. It's a sweeping generalisation you are making and I do not agree. A backup plan should be in place for these comms during @Braddock512 absence. It was not and I will stand by my statement of diminishing returns on any in game compensation with each day that passes. The lack of empathy from EA/DICE is appalling at this point in time.

Yes it was annoying when the servers were having trouble for about 4 weeks with disconnects. But for the most part the servers have been stable and payable since launch. You guys are like seagulls after a chip looking for some freebee... All that should happen is that server owners should be getting extended time on there rentals for the time lost due to disconnects..

The game has been out for 18 months and I wouldn't have lost 10 nights gaming due to interruptions.

For some this is not true. Actually for me it is not true as I only purchased in late January due to having heavy work commitments in the previous 12-18 months. Then I was OS for nearly all of march.... On that match I've lost a large percentage of playable time. Nice generalisation and assumption though. Thanks for playing.
  • AK_Stealthy_A
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ShevermiN wrote: »
    When you operate on global companies, they move internally at the speed of a glacier. Because every little thing has to go to different departments repeatedly.

Some of us might work or have worked for global companies... In fact I just checked... My previous 2 employers have 138,000 and 442,000 employees. Both software/services companies. EA has 9,300. I saw rollbacks, compensation packages etc. move faster than this. It's a sweeping generalisation you are making and I do not agree. A backup plan should be in place for these comms during @Braddock512 absence. It was not and I will stand by my statement of diminishing returns on any in game compensation with each day that passes. The lack of empathy from EA/DICE is appalling at this point in time.

Yes it was annoying when the servers were having trouble for about 4 weeks with disconnects. But for the most part the servers have been stable and payable since launch. You guys are like seagulls after a chip looking for some freebee... All that should happen is that server owners should be getting extended time on there rentals for the time lost due to disconnects..

The game has been out for 18 months and I wouldn't have lost 10 nights gaming due to interruptions.

@ShevermiN were you affected?
    are you playing in the oceanic region?

• cncnzstarlin
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    to be honest i understand the issues and i am fine waiting for the fix. it sucks when the server drops for some random reason or puts you in a boot load, but that is something we all have to live with for the moment. i trust EA with this as they will most likely have the issue sorted before BFV as they mite be running on the same server farms. but as a community we will keep it going and just push through it. :)
  • Braddock512
    1517 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    All this back and forth between you and others on here about when what and why. You should take your own advise and just not post until YOU have actual clear information. As community manager your posts should not leave people trying to figure out what you are trying to say.

I don't write in riddles, nor do I purposely make it difficult to understand what I'm stating. If you don't understand, please consider that maybe, just maybe, it's on YOU, not me. I was clear in my previous post, the last post, etc. You're trying to NOT understand to give yourself more fuel for the fire, and I'm done engaging with you about this. As someone who writes professionally, I ensure my comments and posts leave no room for ambiguity. You're trying too hard to find fault and this is your last, repeat, LAST go at me.

If you can't resist the urge to post as you have, our moderators can assist you. It's really simple.

-Braddock512-
  • SNEERFULMITE22
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    The server crashed again this morning and there is no sign of any compensation as yet.
    The server was offline for almost one month in April ( I had the subscription till June) . Come June subscription expired and there was no extended time for the April outage. I didn't get any ( free) extended server rentals in June. I called them back and been told they will find out if that’s the case. Never heard back from them again. And now we face this new EoR Issue where servers are getting crashed after few rounds.

I remember when you buy services from EA ( On Origin) they say " thank you, you are awesome" Wish If I could say the same about EA

"thank you"
    Post edited by SNEERFULMITE22 on
  • sabootheshaman
    1254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The server crashed again this morning and there is no sign of any compensation as yet.
    The server was offline for almost one month in April ( I had the subscription till June) . Come June subscription expired and there was no extended time for the April outage. I didn't get any ( free) extended server rentals in June. I called them back and been told they will find out if that’s the case. Never heard back from them again. And now we face this new EoR Issue where servers are getting crashed after few rounds.

I remember when you buy services from EA ( On Origin) they say " thank you, you are awesome" Wish If I could say the same about EA

"thank you"

This highlights my point from the server side. Any compensation related to BF1 is effectively diminishing returns now. It might of been decent compensation 1-2 months ago when @Braddock512 hinted at the compensation but now it's a game with 1-2 month of life left really. Hollow promises I think.
  • Big_Daddy_Ado
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you are that unhappy they were more than happy to provide a full refund. All you had to do was ask. It took me maybe 5 minutes of my time to sort it out but in the end I chose not to follow through with it.

Maybe give Braddock a break. I think he is doing all that he can and taking your frustration out of him doesn't help the situation.

@Braddock512 Do you know if BFV will be living on different servers?
  • Shaun_Belligero
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I've work/worked for a number of global companies and none
    All this back and forth between you and others on here about when what and why. You should take your own advise and just not post until YOU have actual clear information. As community manager your posts should not leave people trying to figure out what you are trying to say.

I don't write in riddles, nor do I purposely make it difficult to understand what I'm stating. If you don't understand, please consider that maybe, just maybe, it's on YOU, not me. I was clear in my previous post, the last post, etc. You're trying to NOT understand to give yourself more fuel for the fire, and I'm done engaging with you about this. As someone who writes professionally, I ensure my comments and posts leave no room for ambiguity. You're trying too hard to find fault and this is your last, repeat, LAST go at me.

If you can't resist the urge to post as you have, our moderators can assist you. It's really simple.

-Braddock512-

Well that is one way to treat an (ongoing) paying customer I suppose..new one for me...Ban me from the forums if you must that will just show everyone how you treat customers that want to vent frustrations.

PS, Got an update?
  • sabootheshaman
    If you are that unhappy they were more than happy to provide a full refund. All you had to do was ask. It took me maybe 5 minutes of my time to sort it out but in the end I chose not to follow through with it.

Maybe give Braddock a break. I think he is doing all that he can and taking your frustration out of him doesn't help the situation.

@Braddock512 Do you know if BFV will be living on different servers?

I'm not sure if you are reading my post and I don't really see a point to yours other than you having a gentle troll. So maybe stop telling people how they should deal with a problem. I've pointed out a concern that I have seen others allude to and it's still not seeing a response. I am not going to give someone a break if they don't respond to reasonable questions. Look at my previous posts, I have never attacked anyone.
  • Big_Daddy_Ado
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    How exactely was I trolling???
  • sabootheshaman
    Giving advice where none was really asked for I'd consider a gentle troll. Telling me to give someone a break when all I did was point out literal facts. If you are happy then why even post in here other than in n effort to look for a rise?
  • Big_Daddy_Ado
    You can consider it to be whatever you like mate. Doesn't make it so.
  • AK_Stealthy_A
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

-Braddock512-

@Braddock512

Before you get angry with seeing my name posting another message to you please take what I am writing as constructive criticism.

Also, I am not the best writer, it will never be a strength of mine that's why people write what I need doing.

I think we know you are not writing in riddles, however, it's not perfectly clear in what you are always typing either.

you mention way back in this post that this feedback is helping you & EA help with communication (customer service).
    I would like to give some feedback on how we are receiving feedback from you.
    I can understand some frustration on your part with us, however, the lack of customer service we are receiving is terrible I personally think.
    considering that most of us still on here haven't asked or requested for a refund on this game. but we are after things fixed. which I heard we are allowed.

I also know things take time to fix.

I would like to just mention again you have stated you will be giving us updated every week, that has fallen way behind.
    first I would like to say that if you mention that you would do something stand by it. Yes, we want to know whats going on but as we all know we are not going to know exactly whats going on as internal documents are totally different to external. so we don't need to hear a "Thank You" package is not far away. when you have said that a few times. I honestly think it's not too hard to mention on a weekly basis " we are haven't got a final answer on things yet we are progressing I will keep you informed". nothing more nothing less.

with the way you speak to some customers stating " If you don't understand, please consider that maybe, just maybe, it's on YOU, not me."
    Customers might be getting on your nerves, however, we are still customers.
    maybe things at your company need to change as I read on some of these issues have been going on for years and still not fixed, so still, this adds to our frustrations.

I would just like to make my last point which is that we have paid for a service, which doesn't justify all of our frustrations, at the same token you are being paid to do a job and there are other jobs around.
    Take my last comment with a grain of salt (as that has been said to me before in the past which got me furious with my boss, after thinking about what he said made perfect sense to me, I became better at what I was/am doing).

with the above stated when you read something vers a verbal conversation things get taken into different contents.

I am not expecting a reply whilst you are on holidays either, enjoy your holiday.

Regards
    Stealthy.

• AK_Stealthy_A
    @Braddock512

Thank you for your prompt reply and openness, well said and I honestly think differently from that post mate.

Regards
    Stealthy
  • champo87
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hey Stealthy,

I appreciate the reply.

I'm going to speak very openly -
    This whole situation has frustrated me, but my frustration is nothing compared to the frustration you and the rest of our Australian region gaming community have experienced. (Small anecdote - I've had a situation, in the past, with a different game that took 6 months to fix - and it wasn't anything I could do. I even formatted my PC, upgraded parts, etc. to fix the issue that was, inherently, badly coded in the particular game. I opened tickets with the retailer, the publisher, their support, always providing every step and suggestion and idea, and was rebuffed with "nothing we can do" or no response at all. And yet, in those 6 months, I never once thought to be insulting to the people responding to my tickets - when I did get a response - or insult them or personally attack them. That, in itself, is completely unnecessary, full stop. In the end, I pursued their refund option and then, a year later, when the issue was actually fixed with a huge update rollout, I repurchased the game - for 1/10 of what I originally purchased it for. But that stain on my experience literally prevented me from playing the game for longer than 2 hours. And now it sits in my library as a reminder of the 30+ hours I wasted trying to fix it. So I get it. I really do.)
    Now, my frustration isn't with this community. By no means. The issue itself was frustrating, the inability to communicate succinctly what was happening was frustrating, the fact that I can't flip a switch and "poof!" get the "thank you package" out instantly - frustrating.

I'm looking forward to the roll out of the package so we can close this issue once and for all. I know you guys are looking for some closure to the issue as well (the main issue of the thread, not the side issues that aren't associated with it that have popped up here and there throughout the thread).

Communication is key - this is something that I firmly believe in. Half of the frustration during a situation is not knowing what's going on. It's not a great place to be in when things aren't working and you don't know why and you're not getting answers. That being said, I've worked to be more communicative - as much as I'm able/allowed - and I have more work to do. There's a two-edged sword in constant communication - if you have nothing new, you get shouted down "don't post unless you have new information" from one side while the other side is shouting "at least tell us you have nothing new". The highlight of this issue has guided me to be more communicative. Not every day, but as much as possible. I'd rather be called out for "talking too much" than to have y'all feel left in the dark.

With regards the 72 hour communication windows, this was while the issue was ongoing. However, once we confirmed the core issue resolved, continuing to update on an AT LEAST weekly basis was my intention, and I know I missed a couple of those. My sincere apologies for that. I will work to be better at that.

-Braddock512-

@Braddock512

Mate,

I just wanted to post and say thank you for this comment. This is BY FAR your best post on this topic since it began.

I don't know if you know Aussie/Kiwis that well, but for the most part what we want is honesty and frankness when being told something. We don't want any corporate/legal BS, just tell us the brutal truth as it is. We are well used to eating ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ sandwiches, so if we need to eat one just tell us why and what you are going to do to make it better. We (along with most people on this planet) start getting upset when we can tell that information is being withheld and we are being given the run around - we can certainly cope with the truth no matter how unpalatable.

Having said that I recognise that there were, and likely continue to be, legal/corporate impediments to you posting as freely and openly as you might have liked.

Thanks again.
  • sabootheshaman
    What an absolute love in this is... I come home at 1AM(Melbourne time) to see this. You bunch of muppets!!!

/sips beer

Seriously though. All of the above. Thanks @Braddock512 for posting that and also thanks @AK_Stealthy_A for articulating what a lot of us have been trying to communicate. I think we all have a lot of learnings to take with us after this.

It was great to read some solid empathy and I think that was what was lacking in recent times. Not saying it wasn't existing.... it just wasn't easily visible.

I do hope we see some changes in the way these situations are dealt with in future. I do realise you are just 1 human @Braddock512 and as previously mentioned you are likely fighting against other entities in your desire to communicate. I think Aussies/Kiwis are pretty patient but we do have a breaking point. I suggest a good watching of some Australian classics by the powers that be at EA/DICE to understand us lot. Maybe watch Chopper, Mad Max and What we do in the Shadows. Don't listen to Dave Dobbyn, maybe try some Eddy Current Suppression Ring or some Salmonella Dub. We are a chill lot but we also don't like to have the micky taken...

/sips beer

Goodnight and thank you
  • AK_Stealthy_A
    @sabootheshaman

which Aussie just sips beer??? come on man tell us the truth you smashed a beer each time you mention the word beer right :-)

This discussion has been closed.