Netcode issues are back?

«1
ViolationofDerp
12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Am I the only one experiencing these issues, especially since TTK 2.0?
It happens like a couple times in every match, I slide/run around the corner, thinking i'm save, but nope, up to a second later I still get killed.
It really gets irritating as sniper, when I try to peek and immediately duck after every shot behind cover, 90% of the time i will get shot when on my screen i'm already crouching. I should mention, that I always have a ping about 20-30ms, and it just always feels a little off since TTK patch, i just happen to miss my shots alot more since then, especially while playing against players with a higher ping.
As it is now, the netcode really reminds me of the BF3 netcode, as opposed to BF4, where they really resolved the netcode issues to an absolute minimum.

Comments

  • Sechnaill
    944 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    might be due to many high ping players in the server
  • EdwinSpangler
    959 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited April 9
    Ive had quite a few problems ive never had before.. Been happening maybe a month or so now.. Rubberbanding, revive and end up on the other side of map, spawn as gunner and youre just floating in the sky (you can see yourself shooting from the gunner seat but youre stuck in the sky), server names showing "89076587465487", no clan tags visible, hitreg... On and on.. Ive never really had any problems with the game before this..
  • Strycr
    158 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    the netcode has always been a placebo affect. Rubberbanding will still exist with high ping players, regardless of what is said.
    We can only hope that they actually utilize regional servers more efficiently and auto punts for high ping players in BF2018.
  • G-Gnu
    803 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It never left, BF1 has a stinking bad "netcode" and the new TTK 2.0 just emphasized it more.
    Sadly it will never be any better.
  • danbottomburp
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    In my personal opinion,anyone with a ping over 100 should not be able to join a match.you simply should not be seeing people with over 100 ping in the game,unless on some unofficial server somewhere.
    They completely ruin the whole match for us people who are not borrowing the neighbours WiFi connection
  • wrighty338
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Netcode issues, noooo...

  • RRedux
    429 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Did the netcode issues ever truly go away?
  • G-Gnu
    803 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited April 10
    wrighty338 wrote: »
    Netcode issues, noooo...

    This is stupid, if they cant push out the money for more server locations or fix their damn servers software they should categorize servers so i do not have to play against players that have those symbols constant
    lit up on the screen, it rips a server to pieces with ppl that have those kind of connections.
    They need to sort out so as many ppl as possible can have a stable connection without latency variation and packet loss.
    Though ppl need to fix it from their end too , playing on a wireless connection is a no no , check with your ISP if there is problems with their infrastructure and so on.
  • ViolationofDerp
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    wrighty338 wrote: »
    Netcode issues, noooo...

    Thank you, this is exactly what I'm talking about. Which makes me wonder if this happens because of the lag compensation, because as far as i know the server based lag compensation will only activate for players with a ping of 160+ ms. And it also makes me wonder why they can't do anything to fix this, just like they did in BF4.

  • PDGC_NLsandman
    192 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Am I the only one experiencing these issues, especially since TTK 2.0?
    It happens like a couple times in every match, I slide/run around the corner, thinking i'm save, but nope, up to a second later I still get killed.
    It really gets irritating as sniper, when I try to peek and immediately duck after every shot behind cover, 90% of the time i will get shot when on my screen i'm already crouching. I should mention, that I always have a ping about 20-30ms, and it just always feels a little off since TTK patch, i just happen to miss my shots alot more since then, especially while playing against players with a higher ping.
    As it is now, the netcode really reminds me of the BF3 netcode, as opposed to BF4, where they really resolved the netcode issues to an absolute minimum.

    BF1 netcode can not handle large ping differences, I have ftth since 2013 and playing on servers with ping 6ms is
    no fun, I only can play normal in the evening when other EU players with low ping are on the server, as soon as some 100ms + players enter the server then my hit detection turns from normal into weird.
  • wrighty338
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    G-Gnu wrote: »
    wrighty338 wrote: »
    Netcode issues, noooo...


    Though ppl need to fix it from their end too , playing on a wireless connection is a no no , check with your ISP if there is problems with their infrastructure and so on.

    True, but what is more frustrating is these issues have been more prevalent since turning tides and even still when my ping is low. I never used to complain about being shot in cover as it didnt happen, then i began to notice some complete BS deaths...not many..but they were noticeable maybe one or two per day. Tank's shelling me when id run into cover well out of splash range..the worst was 1v1 a sniper on amiens in close range id ran round the corner after seeing him i got past a window on a building and he got a headshot kill on me - my recording of it messed up though

    I have a dedicated 70down/20up connection for gaming, im wired to a Netduma router and ping about 22ms to european servers but things like the clip above still happen and dice say the netcode is fine but the interenet "may not be" and even the guy in the clip had <100 ping i think it was about 70-75

    We need some server maintenance or something big time
  • G-Gnu
    803 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    wrighty338 wrote: »
    G-Gnu wrote: »
    wrighty338 wrote: »
    Netcode issues, noooo...


    Though ppl need to fix it from their end too , playing on a wireless connection is a no no , check with your ISP if there is problems with their infrastructure and so on.

    True, but what is more frustrating is these issues have been more prevalent since turning tides and even still when my ping is low. I never used to complain about being shot in cover as it didnt happen, then i began to notice some complete BS deaths...not many..but they were noticeable maybe one or two per day. Tank's shelling me when id run into cover well out of splash range..the worst was 1v1 a sniper on amiens in close range id ran round the corner after seeing him i got past a window on a building and he got a headshot kill on me - my recording of it messed up though

    I have a dedicated 70down/20up connection for gaming, im wired to a Netduma router and ping about 22ms to european servers but things like the clip above still happen and dice say the netcode is fine but the interenet "may not be" and even the guy in the clip had <100 ping i think it was about 70-75

    We need some server maintenance or something big time

    This stuff happens to me all the time, this game is really slow when it comes to inbound damage (both visual and in numbers) i get downed all the time from weapons the should not be able to kill me in that amount of time, many times i can hear a enemy gun shooting before any visuals or damage numbers reach me, i get killed by curving bullets long way back behind cover, i get killed from ppl shooting while running, i get insta killed by ppl that are shooting in 90 degree angle from me . The list goes on , and in my opinion that is all because the servers cant handle latency variation and packet loss from players and boils down everything into a mess.
    Sometimes it´s better but most of the times it rather frustrating to feel that if you play on a (for me) low latency server with a 144 fps , no icons still get the hands down when it comes to the netcode.
    I experimented a while back playing on OOR servers , and the experience was that the inbound was much better when i played on servers that was about 110-120 ms, no icons lit all the time (occasionally lit though).
    When i got shot at playing on OOR servers the inbound bullets and damage represented more the gun that was firing at me and more times then ever i had time to evade and not get insta killed.
    Though outbound is an other story, but that was expected though.
    I am not saying that you get any perks when you play OOR / High Latency, but the game actually felt better inbound wise though.
  • IG-Calibre
    758 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    the invisible players are grinding mah gears at the mo, you don't see them until the kill cam when they magically appear where you just looked and there was nothing there. has to be a syncing problem. and still, always a couple of HPB's on every server playing with 300+ pings making everything wonky for everyone else, grrrr.
  • G-Gnu
    803 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It´s sadly a lost cause, this game will never have a good over all "netcode", it is too forgiving....
  • warslag
    568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I'm not enjoying Battlefield at all. I get killed instantly all the time and it seems like everyone is cheating. Almost like the server is filled with AI bots. When I spawn I'm getting hit. If I am behind cover players are shooting until a tiny bit of hit box appears and I drop dead. I have a hug amount of played time down the years in Battlefield and I have been a very good player in the past to the extent of being accused of cheating hundreds of times. But now it is really doing my head as to what is happening in game. It is as though DICE changed the way hit reg works so that when a player fires at me I get hit no matter what. Players seem able to aim and kill me in less time than it takes for me to ADS. That is how bad the game is for me. I usually have a ping of around 19 to the servers.
    It's hard to not come up with conspiracy theories for what is going on. I can see other players have good scores and I have spoken to someone in my platoon about it but there doesn't seem to be any explanation.
  • G-Gnu
    803 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited April 11
    warslag wrote: »
    I'm not enjoying Battlefield at all. I get killed instantly all the time and it seems like everyone is cheating. Almost like the server is filled with AI bots. When I spawn I'm getting hit. If I am behind cover players are shooting until a tiny bit of hit box appears and I drop dead. I have a hug amount of played time down the years in Battlefield and I have been a very good player in the past to the extent of being accused of cheating hundreds of times. But now it is really doing my head as to what is happening in game. It is as though DICE changed the way hit reg works so that when a player fires at me I get hit no matter what. Players seem able to aim and kill me in less time than it takes for me to ADS. That is how bad the game is for me. I usually have a ping of around 19 to the servers.
    It's hard to not come up with conspiracy theories for what is going on. I can see other players have good scores and I have spoken to someone in my platoon about it but there doesn't seem to be any explanation.

    Bad "netcode" or rather too forgiving and underwhelming in performance when it comes to giving you information, most of the time it feels like the game is way out of sync.
    Try to play OOR for a moment and see how inbound shots damage feels to you, i have experimented with it and if you play with higher latency the incoming fire is more represented to what gun is shooting at you then playing at lower latency servers. Outgoing is an other story, as expected though.
  • warslag
    568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    G-Gnu wrote: »
    warslag wrote: »
    I'm not enjoying Battlefield at all. I get killed instantly all the time and it seems like everyone is cheating. Almost like the server is filled with AI bots. When I spawn I'm getting hit. If I am behind cover players are shooting until a tiny bit of hit box appears and I drop dead. I have a hug amount of played time down the years in Battlefield and I have been a very good player in the past to the extent of being accused of cheating hundreds of times. But now it is really doing my head as to what is happening in game. It is as though DICE changed the way hit reg works so that when a player fires at me I get hit no matter what. Players seem able to aim and kill me in less time than it takes for me to ADS. That is how bad the game is for me. I usually have a ping of around 19 to the servers.
    It's hard to not come up with conspiracy theories for what is going on. I can see other players have good scores and I have spoken to someone in my platoon about it but there doesn't seem to be any explanation.

    Bad "netcode" or rather too forgiving and underwhelming in performance when it comes to giving you information, most of the time it feels like the game is way out of sync.
    Try to play OOR for a moment and see how inbound shots damage feels to you, i have experimented with it and if you play with higher latency the incoming fire is more represented to what gun is shooting at you then playing at lower latency servers. Outgoing is an other story, as expected though.

    I just tried a North American server. There were only 7 servers available for the whole North America region and each one was full. How can there be only 7 servers in total for the whole of America? And why would there not be one that wasn't full?

    Anyway, I had a ping of around 88, but most of the other players there had a higher ping than I did (most were well over 100). The chat was appalling, as well, just like on EU servers. Hit reg and all that was good and bad due to mixture of pings I suppose. In BF2 whoever had the lowest ping generally had the best hit reg. Why have things changed?

    I mean my experience now is that the game is just not worth playing as it feels like every player is cheating. It's a sickening feeling and I always thought I could trust DICE but maybe they have changed the hit reg so that players with high pings are able to play better? I really would like to find a game that doesn't do that.

    But having said that I do see players with pings similar to mine who are doing really well so I don't know what's going on. I am a very good player, although it feels wrong to say that, but I'm just having an awful time in BF1.

    I do feel despair, really, which is pretty pathetic to say but I'm bereft if I can't play BF.
  • G-Gnu
    803 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited April 11
    warslag wrote: »
    G-Gnu wrote: »
    warslag wrote: »
    I'm not enjoying Battlefield at all. I get killed instantly all the time and it seems like everyone is cheating. Almost like the server is filled with AI bots. When I spawn I'm getting hit. If I am behind cover players are shooting until a tiny bit of hit box appears and I drop dead. I have a hug amount of played time down the years in Battlefield and I have been a very good player in the past to the extent of being accused of cheating hundreds of times. But now it is really doing my head as to what is happening in game. It is as though DICE changed the way hit reg works so that when a player fires at me I get hit no matter what. Players seem able to aim and kill me in less time than it takes for me to ADS. That is how bad the game is for me. I usually have a ping of around 19 to the servers.
    It's hard to not come up with conspiracy theories for what is going on. I can see other players have good scores and I have spoken to someone in my platoon about it but there doesn't seem to be any explanation.

    Bad "netcode" or rather too forgiving and underwhelming in performance when it comes to giving you information, most of the time it feels like the game is way out of sync.
    Try to play OOR for a moment and see how inbound shots damage feels to you, i have experimented with it and if you play with higher latency the incoming fire is more represented to what gun is shooting at you then playing at lower latency servers. Outgoing is an other story, as expected though.

    I just tried a North American server. There were only 7 servers available for the whole North America region and each one was full. How can there be only 7 servers in total for the whole of America? And why would there not be one that wasn't full?

    Anyway, I had a ping of around 88, but most of the other players there had a higher ping than I did (most were well over 100). The chat was appalling, as well, just like on EU servers. Hit reg and all that was good and bad due to mixture of pings I suppose. In BF2 whoever had the lowest ping generally had the best hit reg. Why have things changed?

    I mean my experience now is that the game is just not worth playing as it feels like every player is cheating. It's a sickening feeling and I always thought I could trust DICE but maybe they have changed the hit reg so that players with high pings are able to play better? I really would like to find a game that doesn't do that.

    But having said that I do see players with pings similar to mine who are doing really well so I don't know what's going on. I am a very good player, although it feels wrong to say that, but I'm just having an awful time in BF1.

    I do feel despair, really, which is pretty pathetic to say but I'm bereft if I can't play BF.

    I believe that BF2 did not have a client / server side hybrid and it´s on an other game engine though.
    And you could host your own dedicated server.
  • warslag
    568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    G-Gnu wrote: »
    I believe that BF2 did not have a client / server side hybrid and it´s on an other game engine though.
    And you could host your own dedicated server.

    I just read on Symthic that the client/server side hybrid was put into BF1 so that players with a low ping still have a good experience after there were complaints about high pings etc. But then why do I have such a bad experience with a low ping? I don't seem to have packet loss or network problems and my PC seems completely fine.
  • LumoColor
    444 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I play a lot with warslag and think that the issues are much worse when there are a number of players with > 100 ping and/or poor quality connections on the server, its been the case for a while but last weeks server patch seemed to make it worse and now its more noticeable.

    It's happens more when lots of players are in the same area with lots of gas/smoke/nades going off, especially if your shooting a player taking damage from multiple players. I also noticed that players now seem to warp more, not in near location to your player but 30-100m away, players from your team and opposing team just seem to move very quickly then stop, then move quickly again over large distances. Just does not feel right.

    The German servers are worst at peak times, the Dutch servers don't seem to be so bad. It is also worse when the server tick goes high, this also seems to trigger the packet loss. If you reconnect to the same server it can clear the packet loss so It does not appear to be connection related. I have also tried on BOTH my business fibre connections with 2 different ISP's and it happens on both, further proof that its not connection related.

    There is also still an issue with players with "silly pings" being allowed to stay in the game, I'm not sure why EA/Dice think that its acceptable for a player to have 400-500 ping when everyone else has 50-70 average.
Sign In or Register to comment.