Community Map Project - Battlefield 1

SouthieFPS
16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
edited April 13
Note: By the way, this is InTeRxFLaMeZz but I changed my name on this account so don't think I stole this post without credit because in reality it is actually my own personal suggestion and idea.

Suggestion: I really enjoyed having a community map project in Battlefield 4 and I'd like to see one in Battlefield 1 too. I understand that there's not much people working on this game anymore but 7 months is enough time to create 1 map for the community. Anyways, let's get into the map itself.

Map: Vimy Ridge would be a great community map project map and here's a reason why. Not only we will get a Canadian faction to the game but I also believe that Vimy Ridge could go with Passchendaele and become an Operation as the Canadian Expeditionary Force participated in Battle of Passchendaele.

Faction: You may think that a Canadian faction would be a lot of work, but in reality it's not that hard as you think because of one simple reason. The Canadian uniforms were almost identical to British ones which means that only few changes would need to be made. As usual, the player models would be taken from other faction and then edited like with previous DLC factions in the game.

Voice acting doesn't matter considering the Australian Soldier and the Maori from Turning Tides didn't have their own seperate voice acting which means that it isn't so important.

Map Design: So I found this 3D Render of a Vimy Ridge map and how it could look like in Battlefield 1. Of course, cover like trenches will need to be added but this is the basic map design without any cover. I found this on reddit and I'll credit the person who made it down below, along with a link to the reddit post where I found it.

Link to the 3D Map Render:
wwrXlsn.png

Link to the Post: https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_one/comments/79g38k/maps_i_want_in_apocalypse/

Credit: https://www.reddit.com/user/Saboteii
Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on

Comments

• UraniumReaper
    402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Interesting idea, I kind of wish they would do a community map as well. I dunno which map/setting would be best, but I like the idea of Vimy Ridge though
  • SouthieFPS
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Interesting idea, I kind of wish they would do a community map as well. I dunno which map/setting would be best, but I like the idea of Vimy Ridge though

Thanks a lot for liking this suggestion!
  • LOLGotYerTags
    9097 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Moderator
    Fixed your image link so it displays right here in the forum, Saving others from having to open the link in a new tab :)
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    3734 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I didn't really like the result of "community map project" in bf4. But maybe... maybe this time it can be done better.
  • SouthieFPS
    Fixed your image link so it displays right here in the forum, Saving others from having to open the link in a new tab :)

Thanks a lot!
  • SouthieFPS
    Personally I liked the result of Community Map Project in Battlefield 4. It ended up being a great map but I wouldn't mind if it was better this year.
  • Elite_Guard_Yuto
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Siege of Tsingtao for community map.
  • DARTH_JAR_JAR222
    491 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    SouthieFPS wrote: »
    Personally I liked the result of Community Map Project in Battlefield 4. It ended up being a great map but I wouldn't mind if it was better this year.

I agree, I loved op outbreak.

Hopefully they do a community map.

*fingers crossed*
  • PopsicleStealer
    1295 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Great idea. BF4 community map was great. I hope they would do the same fore BF1.
  • von_Campenstein
    5604 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'll leave this here;

• dA_9_eL_81
    1440 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Operation Locker for BF1 plz... or a community based map would be interesting... But I´m afraid the last resources will go into devoloping the last bits of Incursions and then the community is stuck with a comp-mode nobody asked for on three maps... Which essential is too little to keep the community entertained in the long run...

#IncursionsDOA
  • SouthieFPS

That would be cool too because not only we will get a map set in a different theatre of the war but we can also get a faction easily. Uniforms won't be hard to make, same goes to player models and voice acting is already there so I don't see a problem with adding the map and the faction itself.
  • SouthieFPS
    edited April 16
    dA_9_eL_81 wrote: »
    Operation Locker for BF1 plz... or a community based map would be interesting... But I´m afraid the last resources will go into devoloping the last bits of Incursions and then the community is stuck with a comp-mode nobody asked for on three maps... Which essential is too little to keep the community entertained in the long run...

#IncursionsDOA

You're probably right and we can't expect any major content at this stage but I think Incursions and Battlefield 1 teams are completely different. Incursions has its seperate team and I think they use their own resources while the team working on Base game is a different team with their own resources. Still, I'd be happy if they can give more maps to frontlines and give few more weapon variants.
  • SouthieFPS
    I'll leave this here;

That would also be a great idea for a community map project. We don't really have any underground maps apart from Fort de Vaux which isn't completely underground anyways. It would be great for close quarters combat.
  • SouthieFPS
    Great idea. BF4 community map was great. I hope they would do the same fore BF1.

Thanks and yeah, I hope they do it!
  • SouthieFPS

I agree, I loved op outbreak.

Hopefully they do a community map.

*fingers crossed*

Yup, and it wouldn't be a bad option for DICE since the player base is alive and they have to keep the remaining community playing, but to do this content has to be made. I don't expect major content but we need some minor content at least. For example more weapon variants, or more maps to frontlines mode, along with quality of life monthly improvements.
  • Elite_Guard_Yuto
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

That would be cool too because not only we will get a map set in a different theatre of the war but we can also get a faction easily. Uniforms won't be hard to make, same goes to player models and voice acting is already there so I don't see a problem with adding the map and the faction itself.

Would give stronger World War feeling by opening up new theatre.
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1440 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

You will get a WW2 Pacific -themed shooter later this year...
  • SouthieFPS
    dA_9_eL_81 wrote: »

You will get a WW2 Pacific -themed shooter later this year...

What if it's not WW2 and something else? You don't know if it's WW2 so a pacific theatre in this game would be a great opportunity unless there's actually going to be a WW2 game.