And I thought BF1 main had balance problems

disposalist
8505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
I guess I knew it would be the case, but was hoping for something different.

The small game modes in BF1 vanilla suffer terribly if people quit or switch or just don't ptfo. A 12 man team in Rush is doomed if a couple aren't pulling their weight.

In Incursions, you just need one person not doing their job to make a game pointless and boring.

One team quitter - game over.

Badly chosen kits (like no anti-tank when the enemy have a tank) - game over.

There needs to be a /votesurrender option or incentive and option to switch or kit switching possible or something.

Comments

• The_BERG_366
    2313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I guess I knew it would be the case, but was hoping for something different.

The small game modes in BF1 vanilla suffer terribly if people quit or switch or just don't ptfo. A 12 man team in Rush is doomed if a couple aren't pulling their weight.

In Incursions, you just need one person not doing their job to make a game pointless and boring.

One team quitter - game over.

Badly chosen kits (like no anti-tank when the enemy have a tank) - game over.

There needs to be a /votesurrender option or incentive and option to switch or kit switching possible or something.

ability to switch kits IF someone leaves? why not...
    ability to switch kits all the time? would make kit selection a no brain decision which would be stupid. your supposed to be screwed if u play without anti tank when there is a tank in the enemy team.... that's litterally the whole intention behind it and makes the kit selection being a strategic decision.

I think there is a surrender option. no? at least I saw something like that pop up on my screen at some point.
  • trip1ex
    4698 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    there is a surrender option.

And there are likely a lot of new players out there just checking the game out and don't care about much more about it than that. Nevermind it's in Alpha still.

YOu'll get out of that "just checking it out" stage of the player pool the farther you rank up. And in turn will experience players more invested in the game and less likely to quit. IT does need a large enough player pool for that to really work though.

• dICEHOUSE
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »

YOu'll get out of that "just checking it out" stage of the player pool the farther you rank up. And in turn will experience players more invested in the game and less likely to quit. IT does need a large enough player pool for that to really work though.

I have a question about this that I guess I don't understand.

So do I just bite the bullet while playing the rank stages and deal with what I teamed up with until I play enough ranked games?

I literally just left a match bc it was the most frustrating thing I ever played into. Wrong kits picked, no advancing, skipping revives. It didn't take me very many matches to figure out what kits were essential to be successful. Players should read the "in your face" guidelines on the Home page before they start playing ranked.

This was the first match that I was teamed up with that the latency was low and equal across the board.

So, again. Do I just deal with what I am placed into for now?

• dA_9_eL_81
    1830 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I usually pick the kit as last player on my team because we had one game without a squadleader... You can imagine: that game turned into a spawn & running simulator.... Spawn in... Run 150mtr to the objective... Get killed.... Rinse & repeat... SADLY!

And usually I go for the squadleader on a regular basis as it fits my playstyle indeed...

Staying alive in the proximity of the objective and trying to setup smart spawns for my team and just stay alive...
  • disposalist
    8505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Where?
  • MAGNUM_MU5TACHE
    1162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bad are players are being exposed that's why you see all this quitting. After a while most of the scrubs will leave out of frustration and the better players will be all that's left.
  • trip1ex
    4698 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    Where?

i forget but it's there. although technically havent' played the newest build so it is possible they took it out.
  • Psychopski
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited April 2018
    Perhaps a 10 v 10 for casual Incursions and 5 v 5 for competitive?

As others have stated prior in this thread, a single player quitting, going afk or being not familiar with the game can doom the entire team in a 5 v 5 setting. At least in a 10 v 10 setting one player quitting , being afk or not pulling their weight doesn’t necessarily spell doom for the other 9 players in that team.

Of course this same train of thought in a 10 v 10 setting can be “what if’d” using the same exact negative impact criteria if 3 to 4 players for one team quit, are afk, or are unfamiliar with the game.

I would propose that in a 10 v 10 setting a missing player or 2 for a few minutes would be less likely to irreparably change the outcome of the match prior to those empty slots being filled. In addition in a 10 v 10 setting a few players not pulling their weight would, on average, have less of an impact than they might have in a 5 v 5 setting.

Addressing another topic. I know if Incursions are a thing in BF2018 me and my bros who run a 5 man in Conquest would want to queue up and play as a 5 man in a 10 v 10 setting. We would never play or would rarely play Incursions if we could only que 2 man squads.