Is bf1 dead

1235»

Comments

• von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Proof of just how static the gameplay has become, I won most melee kills in a game with one [1], I do believe even bayonet charges are counted here.
  • RossP317
    213 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tried to play some Apocalypse using the quick browser last night and couldn't find a full game in Europe. More and more I've found the only way to get a quick game is through Mixed Maps rather than selection of a DLC.
  • WetFishDB
    2088 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Proof of just how static the gameplay has become, I won most melee kills in a game with one [1], I do believe even bayonet charges are counted here.

Not necessarily. I tend to avoid getting into point blank range with the enemy, especially as that usually means being exposed myself. I have precious few melee kills but I'm still very fluid in my movement from flag to flag. The two simply aren't connected.
  • von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »

Not necessarily. I tend to avoid getting into point blank range with the enemy, especially as that usually means being exposed myself. I have precious few melee kills but I'm still very fluid in my movement from flag to flag. The two simply aren't connected.

Either way I'd like to see that melee graph, it's gotta be way down since TTK 2.0.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

a sample size of one is not proof.
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3018 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018

Either way I'd like to see that melee graph, it's gotta be way down since TTK 2.0.

@Imabaka70 being the forums answer to Hattori Hanzo whats your thoughts on melee kills and TTK 2.0?
  • von_Campenstein

No but faster TTK and gameplay favoring larger magazine weapons lead me to the conclusion that resorting to melee weapons is in decline.
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Here is my melee use graph I'm as of last night 9 short of 10k dog tags taken. https://m.imgur.com/FojZtZo
  • WetFishDB
    2088 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I can't see beyond Feb, but looks to be relatively static. Obviously TTK change was before then, but it seems consistent between 2.5 and 3.5% of all kills.
  • WetFishDB

No but faster TTK and gameplay favoring larger magazine weapons lead me to the conclusion that resorting to melee weapons is in decline.

Perhaps for those who overly rely on the Bayonet charge in close quarters now find it a bit less effective. No bad thing in my book.
  • ssjsnoop
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's dying but you can still find servers for any mode thru the server browser as long as you search all regions.

Unless the server is 1 bar, the lag really isn't there.

Rush on Nivelle Nights memories coming back to me...
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I stand by what I said. One sample size of one is not proof. That's all I'm disputing.
  • von_Campenstein

Perhaps for those who overly rely on the Bayonet charge in close quarters now find it a bit less effective. No bad thing in my book.

Nope those are still very much in play, good for taking out Scouts who have ventured too close to the action.
  • HALC0NX4
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    To Be Honest here:
    Dying fast, if they say still alive are the fanboys, dont waste your cash now in this one , better get WW3 or Insurgency sandstorm coming SOON !!, dont know about BF V .... but it will plays very similar as BF1 with some new animations, I played and Pffff not buying it at all !! . so.... and they added Battle royale.... LMAO !!
    anyhow honestly dont invest your cash in this multimedia product bro. there other games coming WAY better thn bf1 ! hold on !!
    but is up to you , I have it for since Beta and honestly I dont play it to often , maybe one or two matches in a month !!

Good luck
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    HALC0NX4 wrote: »
    To Be Honest here:
    Dying fast, if they say still alive are the fanboys, dont waste your cash now in this one , better get WW3 or Insurgency sandstorm coming SOON !!, dont know about BF V .... but it will plays very similar as BF1 with some new animations, I played and Pffff not buying it at all !! . so.... and they added Battle royale.... LMAO !!
    anyhow honestly dont invest your cash in this multimedia product bro. there other games coming WAY better thn bf1 ! hold on !!
    but is up to you , I have it for since Beta and honestly I dont play it to often , maybe one or two matches in a month !!

Good luck

WW3 announced a Battle Royale as well, so if that's your excuse for not buying a game, don't bother with that game as well:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-05-29-world-war-3-announced-and-it-has-battle-royale
  • IG-Calibre
    978 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    dead? people are playing on Ouija boards m8
  • bleachee
    969 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BF1 player population has actually seen a resurgence since around the time BFV was announced. Peak population is above 100,000 again on the weekends. The game is quite healthy right now.
  • -Antares65z
    1670 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bleachee wrote: »
    BF1 player population has actually seen a resurgence since around the time BFV was announced. Peak population is above 100,000 again on the weekends. The game is quite healthy right now.

Exactly! Last weekend on PC, there was one day where it peaked at 32,000 players. This game on PC side hasn't seen a 32,000 peak players for many months. It looks like players are coming back to the game. Perhaps giving away the DLC free has helped.