nerf the horseriders...

bo_huggabee
113 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited April 2018
horse riders need the same health as every one else. i'm tired of them just riding right up to me, and one shotting me in hardcore. i was curious to see just how much damage this guy takes, so i joined his team to try and kill him, and he can take a full magazine of lewis ammo without flinching, missing, or any problems, then ride off and heal, and get more ammo to just keep trolling players with the horse. 64-0 on a horse is unacceptable. the horse needs a serious nerf to health. you can snipe them, while they ride up to you, and kill you with one hit...

pretty sure the guy uses an aimbot, but you can't report players for suspected cheating/modding anymore.
Post edited by bo_huggabee on

Comments

• 2Z77767
    39 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Most seem to be resistant to damage, but if I ever jump on a horse (which is rare) I don't last too long.
  • Eskim0Whisperer
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Well, it's Battlefield, and single targets not with their team or squad might as well just redeploy if you want to avoid being 1 shot. HC/C, it doesn't matter, if you aren't where you should be, and/or aren't moving with your team, you will probably die frustratingly, and for obvious reasons, it should be this way. I'm sure you are a solid player, just saying.
  • crswipe
    559 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Horse does not need a nerf. Try riding one and understanding the mechanics from the other side.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    tenor.gif?itemid=6018392......
  • bo_huggabee
    edited April 2018

i didn't know you were that sensitive. but its ok, i'm sure someone will make you feel better. and once we get the horses fixed, the game will be much more enjoyable for all of us.
  • bo_huggabee
    Well, it's Battlefield, and single targets not with their team or squad might as well just redeploy if you want to avoid being 1 shot. HC/C, it doesn't matter, if you aren't where you should be, and/or aren't moving with your team, you will probably die frustratingly, and for obvious reasons, it should be this way. I'm sure you are a solid player, just saying.

where i should be? please enlighten us all in how we "SHOULD" be and how we should play? there are so many cheaters, that its hard to weed through them at times, with spawn camping, and you can change locations on a map and be killed by the same player instantly, 3-5 times in a row. but thats not game mechanics and how it should be...
  • crswipe

i didn't know you were that sensitive. but its ok, i'm sure someone will make you feel better. and once we get the horses fixed, the game will be much more enjoyable.

Sensitive? Who's the one who keeps posting different "nerf this and that" posts? You have two nerf the horse posts on the go right now...
  • bo_huggabee

Sensitive? Who's the one who keeps posting different "nerf this and that" posts? You have two nerf the horse posts on the go right now... [/quote]

if you are the offended by my posts, you have others you can read.
  • bo_huggabee
    the horses need the same health as everyone else...plain and simple.
  • crswipe

Sensitive? Who's the one who keeps posting different "nerf this and that" posts? You have two nerf the horse posts on the go right now...

if you are the offended by my posts, you have others you can read.
    [/quote]

Not offended at all. Just pointing out that you might be bending the rules by posting basically the same thread twice.
  • Adman_Tor
    1314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cavalry are easy to take down but also fun to use. They are exactly where they need to be currently.
  • cableclips
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Adman_Tor wrote: »
    Cavalry are easy to take down but also fun to use. They are exactly where they need to be currently.

Agreed
  • crswipe

i didn't know you were that sensitive. but its ok, i'm sure someone will make you feel better. and once we get the horses fixed, the game will be much more enjoyable for all of us.

And this years nominee for worst comeback ever...
  • bo_huggabee
    edited April 2018
    the horseriders need the same health as every other player. same with weapon damage and bullet velocities. things need to be more realistic. the horse should take as much damage as everyone else. the mars pistol alone has a round chambered in it that can kill a horse at 50 yards...let alone all of the rifles. machine guns, semi autos...its idiotic.
  • crswipe
    Have you played as the class yet?
  • Adman_Tor
    1314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If the cavalry had the same health as everybody else then it would have to stand back and snipe and never CHARGE in like the cavalry is supposed to. It is designed for game balancing and it's perfect currently. One LMG clip will take down a cavalry no problem.
  • Lestath81HUN
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Adman_Tor wrote: »
    If the cavalry had the same health as everybody else then it would have to stand back and snipe and never CHARGE in like the cavalry is supposed to. It is designed for game balancing and it's perfect currently. One LMG clip will take down a cavalry no problem.

Actually charging is not a good idea currently eighter. An automatico magazine, or around 30 LMG bullets can kill you in 1-2 seconds. And that's just 1 enemy, if there are 2 or more, you have no chance to get even close to them.
    I leveled up my carvarly during the last weeks as my last class below 50, so I got a lot of experience. It was the best if I kept the distance farther where SMG, LMG and auto-medic-weapons' damage drop dramatically (after 20-30 meters). While I saw other cavarlies in my team dying in minutes after spawn trying to charge in, I was able to advance with my team on the same horse from sector to sector and be in the top 5 allways (MVP once) with a lot of kills.
    Snipers and single-action meds simply don't know how to kill cavarly. It is rare when they shoot the horse instead the armored rider (I bet they find his head more tempting than the big horse head).
    Also vehicle main/secondary guns, stationaries, explosives take the cavarly down in seconds. Not mentioning the AT rocket gun, which 1hits you (as the poor elites as well). K-bullet does very high damage. Cavarly can be killed sooo easily. As cavarly, you have to avoid these situations or flee as fast as possible to heal yourself and attack again.
    I used the horse - before I started to get it known - as trampling, 1 lance/sword hitting charging tool, but it is rather an infantry (non-scope) sniper with high mobility, and armor. Your team can pick only 1-4 as other vehicles, those also needs teamwork to take down.
    I agree, it is good as it is currently.

This new self-heal feature make riders' life more easy, I admit. But you don't heal if you take even 1 damage, so the horse must be shot constantly. Supports can eat your horse on this way easily.
    The strange thing I don't understand is the loss/gain of armor when you (or anybody) get off/on horse. It is ok that it is needed to lose that armor for the balance, but why does the enemy get it if he gets onto the horse? Shouldn't only a cavarly rider get that bonus?
  • crswipe
    Two...
  • BaronVonGoon
    7063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    crswipe wrote: »
    Two...

Loool you're right that is 3.