Incursions party max 2 players

woba42
41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Why is party limited to 2 players only? We are 4 friends who play together and can't cuz you can only start the game with 2 players in a party?

Comments

• bfudd69
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Because Dice is stupid. They took an excellent idea imho and screwed it up. People complained in the Alpha about “team stacking” and not being able to quit matches without penalty when they were getting Womped. This could have been perfect for squad matches and unless you want to try and get five different people in your party this game is useless.
  • woba42
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So they won't fix this? I mean what haha
  • Mark-GaWebDev
    193 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    Game breaking for those of us who want to play as a party. I can see limiting to 2 in a party for casual but for competitive you should be able to party up with a whole squad (5) and play. This needs to be fixed asap.
  • DrEbn
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Is this just for the test server or is it like that on PC?
  • Mark-GaWebDev
    193 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DrEbn wrote: »
    Is this just for the test server or is it like that on PC?

Is 2 player party limit to join on PC (which is what I'm on). No more than two people can be in a party to join either practice or comp match as it is now. Not sure about other platforms.
  • ShevermiN
    389 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Never worked for Medal of Honor why would they try it with this. There is zero demand for 2 player squads is any current online game ??? am I missing something.

The game should be 20 player 2 squads of 5 per side and people would be interested. Listening to reddit trolls will not make you a good game.
  • iano1978
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Party limit is increasing to three with the aim of gradually increasing to five.
  • fbodynut
    175 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    lol gradually increasing to five. should have been 5 from the get go. until then, its a total waste of time to play it. its already lame enough without having to back pack 3 randos.
  • DonSharkito
    796 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    fbodynut wrote: »
    lol gradually increasing to five. should have been 5 from the get go. until then, its a total waste of time to play it. its already lame enough without having to back pack 3 randos.

You have already an option to play 5 vs 5 via the private match function.

If you allow 5 players parties from the beginning, even less people will test it or play it eventually because of all the stomps they will endure against partied up squads.

It will come eventually but I agree with them that not allowing 5 player squads from the beginning was the right choice.
  • iano1978
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you allow 5 players parties from the beginning, even less people will test it or play it eventually because of all the stomps they will endure against partied up squads.

It will come eventually but I agree with them that not allowing 5 player squads from the beginning was the right choice.

I understand where DICE are coming from on this but you have to remember that this is a competitive mode. It's not designed for random casuals to have a bit of a laugh. True testing should be with organised 5 v 5s, where the mode will show its true potential.

• DonSharkito
    796 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    iano1978 wrote: »

I understand where DICE are coming from on this but you have to remember that this is a competitive mode. It's not designed for random casuals to have a bit of a laugh. True testing should be with organised 5 v 5s, where the mode will show its true potential.

Yes I agree, but given the very low playerbase of this game mode, you have to somehow give a chance to try it to as many players as possible. Many of them won't like it, some of them will and if they want to stick around they will have to find a team or other players to play with eventually. If you start immediately with a 5vs5 mode, you will just lose on potential new players. And with the current numbers there is no point of developing a gamemode like that for 10-20 organised teams (I am exaggerating but hopefully you'll get my point).
  • PQD_2002
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    really that incursions are a dung, poorly finished work, if it's 5vs5 why do not we get in with a squad to play only 3?
  • PQD_2002
    So the residents of Latin America do not play too? Am I required to play with 270 ping? same test version should increase the amount of server start, you discourage players from testing the official rankings and competitive mode
  • PQD_2002
    Do you guys talk crap because they do not play with ping? how to test the incursions against an european player with 20 ping? What's the use of blocking a 5-player squad if most Latin American players can not play?
  • Psychopski
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited April 2018
    I see the problem. 5 man premades composed of 5 friends that have been playing BF games together for years in a 5 v 5 setting can totally ruin the experience for the other team composed of 5 random players.

While “stacking the deck “ via a premade 5 man can be extremely powerful and can make for a horrible experience for a team composed of 5 random players, there is the equally as important issue of most players having more than 1 friend in a party when they play Battlefield games.

Who’s going to want to play a match mode when they cannot que up their 3, 4 or 5 man “premade” party? Nobody will play, that is what will happen. They’ll just take their 3 to 5 player party and go play Conquest or Operations.

Proposed Concepts and food for thought for Incursions.

I’d propose that “Casual” mode of game play for Incursions should be bumped up to 10 v 10 and allow players to queue with 5 man squads. Leave competitive game mode as 5 v 5 and also allow players to queue with 5 players. 5 v 5 Competitive game mode should be a “seasonal” event(season 1, 2, 3) and/or relegated special events, seasonal events, and/or eSports tournaments and should not be available on a day to day basis.

Why? How does this change anything?

First off we need to address potential player numbers issues and being able to find 20 players for a 10 v 10, 20 player match mode. 10 v 10 for Casual Incursions should not be an issue If Incursions for BF1 are indeed a Beta test for BF2018 Incursions. I would imagine that BF2018 Incursions won’t have problems finding 20 players for a match.

So with that out of the way why 10 v 10 for Casual Incursions? Multiple reasons.

-lessens the impact of a premade, 5 man squad. That is IF the AI matchmaker is developed to be intelligent enough to place a single, 5 man premade on each team with the other 5 random player per team filling up Squad 2 on each team whenever possible.
    -having more allies in a 10 v 10 setting is more user friendly for beginners or players not familiar with the game mode.
    -Gives random, solo queueing players a chance to see how other experienced, allied 5 man squads(premades) effectively operate in a 10 v 10 setting.
    -more players per team lessens the impact of a couple players quitting or not pulling their weight
    -exposes players to more allied players(team mates) with more opportunities to make friends, add friends and join 5 man, premade squads
    -playing 10 v 10 Casual prepares players for 5 v 5 Competitive game modes

I know that me and my friends would most likely only play Incursion Casual regardless of the player numbers,?much the same as we do with Tom Clancy’s Wildlands “Ghosts” 4 v 4 mode of gameplay. Our casual groups don’t feel the need to deal with all the ultra competitive, Epeen, BS found in so called “Competitive” modes of game play.

Save the Competitive, 5 v 5 modes of game play for special events, Tournaments and eSports.

Post edited by Psychopski on
  • sammyhouck
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Good point. I thought this was “squad based” two players ain’t no squad