Is aggressive join a thing or not?

Rombibombii
573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
As title says, I'm wondering at this point. On our servers we see nothing to indicate that aggressive join is a thing but according to some it has become a thing afterall. So at this point I just straight up want to have the answer. Devs wont reply. but it would be appreciated.

Comments

• CrashCA
    1000 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My guess it does not work as expected.
  • -Antares65z
    1633 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    It does work, if you mean that when a VIP lister joins and there is a que, it kicks somebody and puts the VIP lister in the server. If this is what you're referring to, then yes it works and it's also broken. I cleared my VIP list of everyone including myself. There is not one name on it, however the system still thinks there are names on the list. When I join the server with a que, it automatically puts me on it. Even if there are 6 waiting in que.
  • Rombibombii
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It does work, if you mean that when a VIP lister joins and there is a que, it kicks somebody and puts the VIP lister in the server. If this is what you're referring to, then yes it works and it's also broken. I cleared my VIP list of everyone including myself. There is not one name on it, however the system still thinks there are names on the list. When I join the server with a que, it automatically puts me on it. Even if there are 6 waiting in que.

Good to know :)

And yes it was about this since it was really unclear at this point. Today I saw the first person in my own servers commenting about seeing a message stating he/she was kicked for "making room for admin".
  • NL73schietdammer
    501 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Ok but aren't you an admin on the server? Then you are vip automatically.
  • NL73schietdammer
    501 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Good to know :)

And yes it was about this since it was really unclear at this point. Today I saw the first person in my own servers commenting about seeing a message stating he/she was kicked for "making room for admin".

On reddit I saw the message that that is also what people get to read when an VIP joins.

p.s. on-topic aggressive join works.
  • m1k3ol
    821 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Moderator
    in my experience, it works AFAIK
  • Jaskaman
    646 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    As title says, I'm wondering at this point. On our servers we see nothing to indicate that aggressive join is a thing but according to some it has become a thing afterall. So at this point I just straight up want to have the answer. Devs wont reply. but it would be appreciated.

It's working nicely with us and also works when I remove a player from the list. It's working from both VIP and Moderator list.
    It also send a message: You were kicked to make room for admin. They could update the kick message with word VIP/Admin.
    But this is the first BF game that gives you a VIP kick message :) Thank you for giving this finally.
    Server owner is has VIP automatically, so he/she doesn't need to be added to any list.
  • CrashCA
    1000 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Now, if they could just teach it to kick last joined not someone who has been on server for two hours.
  • -Antares65z
    1633 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018

I am the admin but it would be nice to have the option of being able to aggressive join or wait in que like everybody else. Unless there is a hacker or some other reason I need to jump on quickly, I don't think that it's fair to just kick somebody who may have already accumulated a lot of points in the round and may have spent time waiting in que. Admin should have to add themselves to the VIP list IMO.
  • Jaskaman
    646 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018

I am the admin but it would be nice to have the option of being able to aggressive join or wait in que like everybody else. Unless there is a hacker or some other reason I need to jump on quickly, I don't think that it's fair to just kick somebody who may have already accumulated a lot of points in the round and may have spent time waiting in que. Admin should have to add themselves to the VIP list IMO.
    I think it's the good thing that server owner doesn't need to be added to list. I like that feature, and I like aggressive.join function. Of course it could kick last joiner or lowest scorer instead of random non vip.
  • -Antares65z
    Is aggressive join still working? I actually had to sit in que this weekend on my server. Normally it just puts me right on, regardless of how many are in que.
  • CrashCA
    Likely broke it with last update.
  • Jaskaman
    edited May 2018
    Is aggressive join still working? I actually had to sit in que this weekend on my server. Normally it just puts me right on, regardless of how many are in que.
    It's working but sometimes it's a bit laggy, has to rejoin when it happens.