Server Rental - Notification of server renewal

BillBailey0
89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Really, EA or Dice, I don't really care who is responsible for the server rental program, but how about a warning when the server is about to run out, say a nice little e-mail or some such, rather than all of a sudden the server disconnects everyone, this method is really unprofessional and I have really found it hard to not reel off a load of expletives in this post, sort it out you ****wits.

Comments

• CrashCA
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This has been an issue from day one, your "improved player experience"
    Sure the fix for this (and all others) is coming SOON™
  • Axlerod1
    1373 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The game has only been out for over 1 and a half. These things take time. Give them another 6 months. LOL
  • CrashCA
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Only two months left, EA announced updates for BF1 thru June, then done.

https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/road-ahead-for-battlefield-1-quick-ops-map-giveaways
  • Axlerod1
    1373 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yep and you can bet that there will not be 1 update for RSP.
  • CrashCA
    April update out

https://www.battlefield.com/news/update-notes/april-update

Mostly cosmetic and nothing for RSP, but they broke stuff
  • Axlerod1
    Brokenfield 1 comes through yet again!
  • Neox255
    171 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    I would have to agree with the OP . This issue has been raised by many people since the start of the RSP.

TBH why these basic features where never implemented from the start is beyond me. I mean how hard would it be to put a simple countdown to let server owners know how many days is left for the server before the next renewal? and also an option to renew in advance eg. a day or a week before it actually runs out? Not been able to see how many days is left for when the next renewal is a bit of a nightmare. The biggest issue is having a full server (64 players) and the server closes down automatically.

I actually contacted to support on Saturday as our server was due to be renewed the following day. I asked the guy from ea support in the live chat if it was possible if I could renew the server in-advance and I specified that I would like to avoid the server closing down the following day for when it has players on it.

You know what he did? He actually restarted the server when it had 64 players on! I asked why did he do that as all I wanted to do was to renew the server for 3 months not to have it restarted! - and his response was "you did not want a server restart?" and "there is no option to do this in our software, you have to do this from your side only"

Complete madness.
  • CrashCA
    edited April 2018
    Support sucks. Have heard a work around is to rent a second server then have Support transfer the rental time to first server (you lose a day of rental cost in the process and apparently hope you get a Support staffer who can understand what you want) SAD.
  • -Antares65z
    1635 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    Brokenfield 1 comes through yet again!

Classic.
  • -Antares65z
    1635 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe they'll surprise us with the last update and add a few things to RSP. Won't be holding my breath.