Missing "vehicle loadout" option tab

PegasusR7
67 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
So on the advice of another forum visitor, I downloaded the "Android "Companion App". And I found at this time, I do not even have a "Vehicle Loadout" tab on the Customize Soldier page. I knew that I was missing some vehicles and EA/Dice was not playing ball. But I did now know how much I was missing until I went to this app. So this is what I WAS missing; OK, now that I have "BF1 Companion" up and running, I have found a big problem. When I went to the load out screen on BF1 Companion, I found this. I did not have the: 1) anti-aircraft artillery truck, 2) the mortar artillery truck, 3) the mortar tank, 4)squad support landship, 5) tank hunter landship, 6) airship buster attack plane, 7) tank hunter attack plane, 8) fighter plane "bomber killer", 9) fighter plane "trench fighter", 10) FT-17 "flanker tank", 11) FT-17 "howitzer tank", 12) heavy "breakthrough tank", 13) heavy "flame thrower" tank, 14) 'firestorm bomber", or 15) "torpedo bomber" I had none of these, but all were unlocked thru the Companion app on my Android. Some other classes were fully loaded, so why some and not others? But here is where the big problem comes in. There is no load out screen on my Xbox One console for any vehicles. That option tab is absent.

Comments

• PegasusR7
  • crswipe
    559 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    In game man. When you select a vehicle, you can select the package.
  • NauticalTrackin
    650 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You can’t unlock or customize vehicles from the Battlefield 1 main menu and the companion app is a joke as it’s never worked right. Go into a match and from the deploy screen select a spawn point that has either aircraft, tanks, or both that you can deploy from that spawn. Press Y to customize when you’ve selected whichever you want and from there you can unlock the different variants of those vehicles. You CANNOT do it from the main menu like youve been trying to do.
  • PegasusR7
    I have tried the method that you described above. The vehicle variants other than the first choice field, has never been present. I've had the game for over a year, never had these vehicles. I went and downloaded/activated the companion app yesterday, and found above mentioned vehicles LOCKED, at which point I spent 3600 war bonds and unlocked the variant vehicles. EA/Dice is suppose to be the experts, and they couldn't help me figure this out? I guess this is what you get with an overseas call center.
  • crswipe
    559 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The heavy bomber never had war bonds to unlock any packages, ergo, if you have that dlc it would be available since you received said dlc.
  • ElliotLH
    9539 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Seriously dude just do what I do in the video below, which I've pointed you towards already in your other threads:

Here are the steps too:

1 - Load a match of Conquest.
    2 - Don't spawn and instead select the tank/plane icon at your spawn point.
    3 - Press 'Y' when hovering over the tank/plane icon.
    4 - Scroll through the 'Packages' to select the variants you do not own.
    5 - Click the option to buy with your warbonds.
    6 - Move on to the next vehicle and repeat the process.

I'm literally at the point now of writing you a pictorial step-by-step guide which I was hoping I wouldn't have to do because it takes up time and should be unnecessary as the video shows you exactly what to click on, albeit without the purchasing portion as I cannot do that on my account.

• PegasusR7
    ElliotLH - I do appreciate you helping me out, and taking the time to explain to the extreme. I really do. Also, I am not trying to be the d1ckhead here.

I am a government servent and have been for a long time. So I am conditioned to dealing with problems thrown my way. I have to deal with them the right way. So it kinda pushes my buttons when the other EA help rep told me he couldn't help me. (I saved the chat conversation if you want to see his response)

The "Y" button does function "now" since I unlocked the other vehicles using the Companion app. Not knowing why the Xbox One console wouldn't do this on its own, I wonder if anything else is missing.