Weekly Debrief

Suggestion

EdwinSpangler
1781 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Let us customize the size (maybe even color) of the reticle dot (or whichever you choose for your sight) for optical variants.

Anyone else like this?

Anyone think theres a chance of it happening??

Comments

• TEKNOCODE
    10863 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I always wanted to change the color of the recticle.
  • Zz_Nabu_zZ
    378 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I wish we could.
    When you aim at dark places, you can't even see it, it sucks.
  • stiII_no_name
    540 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Would be nice, don't think it will happen; why would they implement it now?

But yeah, the red is way too dark and hard to see on certain maps
  • WetFishDB
    1989 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Let us customize the size (maybe even color) of the reticle dot (or whichever you choose for your sight) for optical variants.

Anyone else like this?

Anyone think theres a chance of it happening??

It's a brilliant idea, and given all the other colour customisations that could/should be one IMHO - especially as no-one even sees it other than you.
  • stiII_no_name

Actually, it's really super unfair towards colorblinds. With all the changes they have implemented for them recently, I don't think it's that unrealistic tbh.
  • WetFishDB
    1989 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Actually, it's really super unfair towards colorblinds. With all the changes they have implemented for them recently, I don't think it's that unrealistic tbh.

I agree, it certainly isn't very 'accessible' for those with colour blindness. I suspect it'll be something quite tough to do, as they may have that as part of the gun model rather than an overlay like the HUD. That might make it more complicated as it's only the HUD elements that use colour blindness setting AFAIK.
  • stiII_no_name
    WetFishDB wrote: »

I agree, it certainly isn't very 'accessible' for those with colour blindness. I suspect it'll be something quite tough to do, as they may have that as part of the gun model rather than an overlay like the HUD. That might make it more complicated as it's only the HUD elements that use colour blindness setting AFAIK.

I'm actually pretty sure that I've read somewhere that all the scopes are not part of the gunmodels.

It's also very interesting that it wasn't implemented from the start, because colorblindness was the reason why they made it possible to change it in BF4.
  • WetFishDB
    WetFishDB wrote: »

I'm actually pretty sure that I've read somewhere that all the scopes are not part of the gunmodels.

It's also very interesting that it wasn't implemented from the start, because colorblindness was the reason why they made it possible to change it in BF4.

Fingers crossed. I mostly use marksman scopes now, but would still really appreciate a change of this type.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1781 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Definately liking the support for this.. Wonder if anyone whos anyone will see this.. Would be great to get a reply to it..
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Only if I get to customize the actual reticle too

I NEED a pink Hello Kitty face to dome heads with
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'd be down for this. I had the reticle on my optics in BF colored blue and it was way better, imo. I know some would oppose it, but I wish there was an intensity setting to make it brighter.

I roommate and play BF with a guy that's colorblind, and he doesn't use the optical/carbine variants solely because he can barely see the reticle.