Leaning mechanics

DzLTchR24
13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
is there a way to use the lean with the push of a button and not having to crowd the cover just to get the lean function to work?

I would much prefer to be able to lean and pull back from cover, or just lean in general while shooting for various cover reasons.

Comments

  • DzLTchR24
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    PUBG allows this and it is a lot of fun in my opinion, to the point where it feels like the mechanics in this game are behind when I play it now. If this were implemented into BF it would jump right back ahead due to everything else being better.
  • TheNoobPolice
    1519 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield only features contextual lean
  • trip1ex
    4486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    they should dump lean altogether. never saw the pt of it especially in this game where it's large maps and you're supposed to be moving a lot more than camping.
  • Knuckl3_Dragger
    919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    they should dump lean altogether. never saw the pt of it especially in this game where it's large maps and you're supposed to be moving a lot more than camping.

    I disagree. I use it all the time on certain maps. Very effective when used properly.
  • TyroneLoyd
    1190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2018
    Id never use it. Game is way too fast/ my style is too fast
  • DzLTchR24
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    well when you are behind cover the more you backup and lean the smaller your target becomes, thats why in BF you have to crowd your cover to lean and show yourself a lot. In real life you would backup from the wall a bit and lean like at the end of slicing the pie so that you do not show your torso and legs while finishing clearing a room. Lean mechanics are very good I think you would like it if tried them in other games like pubg or day of infamy, I do it in PUBG just to rotate my head quickly to hopefully lower my chances of a headshot in a firefight if he has me lined up. As is in BF when coming around a corner you either have to show half your body or lean your whole damn head and torso into clear view because your 6 inches from the wall for it to work. You should be able to approach a wall, take 2 steps back, lean and look quickly.



  • trip1ex
    4486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    All players do with leaning is exploit it. And for what is an arcadey game it's more appropriate to not have any leaning and to have controls that are easy to use but hard to master instead of having keys for every little thing.

    If you can exploit leaning for a big advantage then everyone has to use it or be at a disadvantage and then you basically needlessly introduced complication into the game for no reason. Because at the end of the day moving side ways out from a corner is the same gameplay as leaning.




  • DzLTchR24
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited May 2018
    it is completely different and more realistic, should we remove crouch and prone as well?

    the game already tries to do it, just does it poorly.

    I literally just played a team deathmatch game where the leading person just shot through the cover, trees and rocks he went 18-1. I watched him and called him out in the chat only for him to say "its the same for everyone" and others saying "ya f this game" due to him.

    This game has awesome components, but the cover system is completely messed up. I played a lot of BF4 and BF3 and it is hard to come back to this game with the flaws and lack of updated fighting mechanics. Fix the cover so it works and you cant shoot through it, and allow us to lean properly, its 2 more buttons and it is already somewhat in the game.


    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • trip1ex
    4486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited May 2018
    DzLTchR24 wrote: »
    it is completely different and more realistic, should we remove crouch and prone as well?

    the game already tries to do it, just does it poorly.

    I literally just played a team deathmatch game where the leading person just shot through the cover, trees and rocks he went 18-1. I watched him and called him out in the chat only for him to say "its the same for everyone" and others saying "ya f this game" due to him.

    This game has awesome components, but the cover system is completely messed up. I played a lot of BF4 and BF3 and it is hard to come back to this game with the flaws and lack of updated fighting mechanics. Fix the cover so it works and you cant shoot through it, and allow us to lean properly, its 2 more buttons and it is already somewhat in the game.




    A-D already lets you pop horizontally out of cover to shoot and back again. Leaning is just covering the exact same ground. Yes in the real world you would lean around a corner so your entire body isn't exposed but same difference in an arcadey videogame.



    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • ckincbloodmoney
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    For some reason, I'm unable to lean in my game. Is it because I'm playing at 21:9 3440x1440? I've turned the option for leaning on and off, restarted the game too (haven't tried changing the res to 16:9 but I think I might have tried that once)...

    Wish it had manual leaning like COD4 and Black Ops 1 on PC, I loved the manual leaning in those games, it was especially fun when I'd see my teammates staring at me while leaning side to side whilst walking lol
  • DzLTchR24
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Then let everyone do it and learn. It will take you an hour and give you more realistic movement and cornering mechanics. Flopping your whole body back and forth is not the same as properly cornering with a lean.

    I agree it makes people look dumb leaning in the open.

    I dont see a disadvantage to it
  • trip1ex
    4486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited May 2018
    DzLTchR24 wrote: »
    Then let everyone do it and learn. It will take you an hour and give you more realistic movement and cornering mechanics. Flopping your whole body back and forth is not the same as properly cornering with a lean.

    I agree it makes people look dumb leaning in the open.

    I dont see a disadvantage to it

    I don't see any advantage. you can already horizontally pop in and out of cover using A-D.

    The disadvantage is you have to add 2 more keys. And then you will have players people walking around leaning in the open like idiots. lol. So much for the realism angle. Nevermind that realism never the goal of BF. IT's an arcadey game. It's not a tactical sim.

  • emu1981
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DzLTchR24 wrote: »
    PUBG allows this and it is a lot of fun in my opinion, to the point where it feels like the mechanics in this game are behind when I play it now. If this were implemented into BF it would jump right back ahead due to everything else being better.

    The "push button to lean" feature often gets abused in FPS to prevent people from being able to get a headshot on you. Introducing this feature to BF would lead to the same situation that ADAD spam and slide spamming did.
  • ckincbloodmoney
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    emu1981 wrote: »
    DzLTchR24 wrote: »
    PUBG allows this and it is a lot of fun in my opinion, to the point where it feels like the mechanics in this game are behind when I play it now. If this were implemented into BF it would jump right back ahead due to everything else being better.

    The "push button to lean" feature often gets abused in FPS to prevent people from being able to get a headshot on you. Introducing this feature to BF would lead to the same situation that ADAD spam and slide spamming did.

    What games does this happen in? I'm just curious because one game I played with manual leaning, Black Ops 1, I'd play only on Hardcore mixed gamemode servers and I'd never see people abuse leaning to deter headshots, not in normal mode either. But perhaps it's because that COD...what other games did manual leaning exist in?
  • DzLTchR24
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    it is in pubg right now and while people look like idiots leaning and shooting sometimes, it isnt abused as it moves your reticle as you go back and forth, so you cant spam it and shoot you have to re adjust every time you lean a different way.
  • LxTC_Origins
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Nah, If people can lean freely then you're gonna see players shooting out in the open with broken necks
  • AdmiralSkrotus
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 8
    DzLTchR24 wrote: »
    PUBG allows this and it is a lot of fun in my opinion, to the point where it feels like the mechanics in this game are behind when I play it now. If this were implemented into BF it would jump right back ahead due to everything else being better.

    It was an original mechanic of the game until EA wrapped it's wallet around the neck of DICE, back in battlefield 1942, Vietnam, 2142, Bad Company, Battlefield 2 they all had leaning. They took it out/automated it because the new players in battlefield 2 were complaining that it was too hard to use. Which is when we ended up with battlefield (insert title) Personally it should have never left. they were never on the level of the ARMA series as far as simulators went. but the leaning (Peaking) and jump, prone (Dolphin) was what made the game challenging. Now it's just a twitch shooter like COD, because #money
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!