Good opportunity for somebody with some talent to build a community *** Warning WOT****

5hadyBrady
159 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited May 1
I wish somebody who cared about this franchise would actually make a YouTube channel/website, and take the place of the people who currently fill that role.

Westie published a video about progression suggestions for BF2018, and spent half the time complaining about not having a direct way to get the skins he wanted, LevelCapGaming was asked by DICE to give suggestions for BF2018 , And not one time did he mention any of the stuff I'm about to.

In other words, These guys suck at giving DICE feedback and it's extraordinarily annoying, This isn't a bash on those guys, Because I don't think it's their fault, They're just seizing the opportunity.
Though, there's a good opportunity for somebody else to build a community that will not only benefit themselve's and players, but also the developers. The dev's want good feedback as well.

Unfortunately the people they have providing them with feedback don't always get it right. In fact, I'd argue they mostly get it wrong.
I don't want to get into why that's the case in this post, What this post is about, is addressing problems on a macro level instead of the traditional way DICE seem to approach them.

When people complain about balance, DICE tries to implement some auto balance feature that moves people around and annoys the crap out of everybody.
Instead of moving players around, how about a progression that's focused on actual teamwork?

Imagine if your team were actually reaping rewards for capping/defending flags, repairing vehicles, spotting enemies, giving med/supply, reviving players etc.
If these kids were getting skins or unlocks for teamwork, trust me, they would be spotting everybody, reviving and playing with the team.
It would turn the game into an actual Battlefield. Go figure. This is how you fix balance, as well as most of the other "issues" that exist atm.

Most of the problems are just a consequence for a lack of teamwork. Apparently you have to encourage players to engage in teamwork. Right now, every single community mission and unlock does the opposite.

The current progressions pull the team apart in every single way possible. Also, every time a community mission comes out, the entire community run around with the same weapon for the entire week, and most of the people I know avoid the game until it's over.

Why is DICE constantly reacting to problems , instead of being proactive in the first place? Build a decent progression instead of slapping bandaids on everything.

The most successful game mode of the franchise is conquest, Conquest relies on teamwork, Currently there's such a lack of teamwork in games, all you really need are 2 or 3 people actively engaging in teamwork to plow through a lobby.

When you got a few guys on each side playing together, you actually have a decent game.
The other 50 players are struggling because they're more focused on unlocking some weapon or mission than they are playing the actual game.
This is DICE's fault because they know better, I don't know why they let people pull them around and dictate where the game goes, because they're too busy trying to keep everybody happy.
Especially the people who have a large audience on YouTube and could potentially give them bad press.

DICE have some talented developers , clearly. They don't need to poll a bunch of kids and ask them what they want in the game, because most of them don't even know what they want, or know how to make a good game.
DICE is supposed to be the adult in the room , and make those decisions so that 12 year old's are drawing the blueprint for video games.
DICE started somewhere, and I assure you, it didn't start by polling a bunch of people who don't know how to make a game, about how to make a game.

Social media and sites like Twitch and YouTube are having some nasty impacts on the gaming industry. Beta games are selling more copies than finished games, mostly because of marketing.

You get your game in the hands of some Twitch star , give them a financial incentive to continue playing your game, and you've got yourself a hit.

Or, ask a bunch of YouTube channels what they want in a game, make the game, and the YouTube channels consequently give your game good press and marketing. The only problem is, the games are starting to suck. Bad.
Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on

Comments

• LH44x3
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I only got halfway through because I am a very busy man, however, essentially I agree. Tbh I'd divide points for a kill by 10 and double the points for everything else.

Random unlocks is terrible, as well.
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1443 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    HOLY WALL OF TXT....

The CTE should be the base for serious feedback for the devs from the community...
    And only players that have clocked a certain number of hrs into the basegame should be allowed to give feedback (I´m thinking minimum 240 hrs).

I fully understand that devs do not go onto these forums for feedback. 99,99% of the threads created here are either not constructive or not backed by facts or proof.

But... What I´m missing are some more clear messages from Dice like: "Hey we are checking into the server-stability at this moment. We will be back with some more news..."

In this current state when there is complete silence in regards to bugfixes and future updates, I get the feeling that Dice doesn´t take the community serious....

As to Youtube-overlords they are sponsored by EA & Dice and i dont think they are airing their actual opinion in regards to topics related to the game... Dont bite the hands that feeds you...
  • Contra87
    698 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    To be fair, there was a wall of text warning in the title.
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1443 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Contra87 wrote: »
    To be fair, there was a wall of text warning in the title.

I thought OP meant World Of Tanks...
  • IG-Calibre
    940 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    not keen on the whole assignments thing either tbh, and hated the grind to unlock mah medic perks. decided to grind the support perks this weekend as i'd some game time, hundred's of hours in game & i'd never once set my butt in the saddle, even after i'd finished the required cavalry aspects of the perks, I spent the entire weekend pretty much playing the cavalry class as it's so much damn fun - soooo only for the assignments I probably never would of played the class. First positive thought I've had towards them so far tbh.
  • olavafar
    1504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I could but I'm afraid my opinions of things in general would make the game unplayable by too many so I better don't.

Most of what OP write, for instance, I 'd disagree with being the cure for anything but, again, I have weird opinions. For example, I like grinding and odd assignments but I do not like random.

Just generally reaching out to people would probably be quite a challenge. Building a community with enough weight that DICE would pay any attention at all is not done in a few months. I think it would take years with zero guarantee of success.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    2607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    You make some fair points, OP ... however, this community is heavily fractured, just like any online gaming community. There are several 'factions' that all want completely different things in BF games; sometimes, one faction wants things that are directly opposed to something that a different faction wants. This means that you would have to unite the community in some way if you want their opinions, as a whole, to be taken seriously.

Take TTK 2.0. It genuinely seems that half of the people here love it, and half of the people hate it, with a few exceptions here and there.

You can potentially unite the community behind certain initiatives, such as a game mechanic, but even this is difficult ... never mind uniting them behind a whole host of ideas regarding the franchise.

There are a few smaller YouTubers and community leaders here and there who try to honestly gauge the opinions of the BF community, but they don't hold much clout compared to the likes of Westie and LevelCap ... hell, if LevelCap complains about a gun, you can safely bet that the gun is going to get nerfed soon.
  • trip1ex
    3503 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I have the same feelings OP. There is a chunk of us that aren't represented by YouTube. And DICE seems to band aid a lot of issues.

• research-kitchen
    273 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    OMG i'm not reading that!
  • UraniumReaper
    403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Sadly, OP you will never get someone to represent everyone who plays because everyone who plays have different takes on things. I think TTK2.0 was brought up earlier and that is a great point seeing as it's around a 50/50 split where people love it or hate it. There are definitely things they could improve that are "common sense" but being the development cycle is usually changing hands over the course of the game's lifetime (and therefore different things get priority) I doubt we will ever see a good balance between consistent gameplay and enjoyment out of BF1 or any BF title in the future.
  • TehDukeOfNukem
    519 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    giphy.gif

I didn't read any of that OP. Go back to 3rd grade and learn basic grammar.
  • UraniumReaper
    403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    giphy.gif

Like it matters that dang much how someone types out their stuff? "Oh, well they didn't punctuate correctly or break it into paragraphs therefore it's incomprehensible!" Maybe you should go back to 3rd grade if not having things perfectly written makes things too hard to read for you. Maybe they were using a phone or perhaps it has that bug where it doesn't display the paragraph break for certain browsers? Nah... couldn't be that. Just insult them because you don't like the way they write things out, that is the most intellectual way to deal with it.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    9099 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Moderator
    OP has been edited to make reading a little bit more comfortable.

The wall is no more.
  • KarmaKinetic
    1062 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited May 1
    I don't know why, but in some very perculiar way this topic reminds me of an average BF 1 game.
    Scout: "where are all the [insert random profane word] medics?"
    Me: "be that guy".

insert dead silence
  • KarmaKinetic
    1062 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I havent seen your original post. But a single paragraph with a lack of interpunctie doesnt help to build any case. People have lives, and other stuff to do. If you want to present a case, it helpt if you makenit easy for the reader. Thats like the basics of communication. Be glad a mod spent his own personal private time to correct your post, because you were to lazy to do so in the first place
  • TehDukeOfNukem
    519 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 1
    giphy.gif

Like it matters that dang much how someone types out their stuff? "Oh, well they didn't punctuate correctly or break it into paragraphs therefore it's incomprehensible!" Maybe you should go back to 3rd grade if not having things perfectly written makes things too hard to read for you. Maybe they were using a phone or perhaps it has that bug where it doesn't display the paragraph break for certain browsers? Nah... couldn't be that. Just insult them because you don't like the way they write things out, that is the most intellectual way to deal with it.

Don't care to translate from re-re (usually the content isn't interesting or meaningful enough to justify such, anyway).

but to continue a thought experiment on your train of "logic" that I must be dumb because I can't (or can't be bothered) to parse the OP's grammatical crimes

Yakshcho ty ne mozhesh chytaty, povynen povernutysya do 3-ho klasu, zhopa

If you can't translate that is it because you're an ldiot, or because I'm too lazy to use the proper rules vis a vis communication on this forum?

There's no excuse for that sort of intellectual laziness if you got a proper education.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    9099 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Moderator
    @5hadyBrady
    I find if typing on the forum via a cellphone or something, The mobile version of the site doesn't seem to paragraph even if you hit enter a few times to create line breaks.

To that end I would go to your browser settings on your cell ( I use chrome ) and check the box that says "request desktop site"

That way, The Forum should behave itself as it does moreso when typing through a desktop PC.
  • KarmaKinetic
    Really? I post from iPhone regularly but havent had this yet. Is it perhaps related to Android or browser type?