Could we have SOME servers that are Ping/Region locked?

Adman_Tor
1314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I understand why DICE removed the 100+ ping penalty but perhaps we could have a select amount of servers that were actually region locked or locked below 100 PING? I was playing TDM on a US East server today and there were only 3 out of 19 players with under 100 PING. In other modes and servers it is so frustrating to get killed behind cover or around corners by these out of region cheaters.

Comments

• brancher12
    278 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It is a sad day when the player playing in his/her own region is forced out of our servers. We are punished for having a good connection by high pingers who play in our region because they know they have the advantage. Another bad decision made by DICE.
  • DIAV0L
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As soon as EA would make more server REGIONS in MORE countries OR allow people to run their own server instead of this sub-rent system. Until this would happen - any type of ping-locked servers would simply punish people for living in region/country/city that is too far away from nearest official server.
    TL:DR - BF4 server system.
  • Adman_Tor
    1314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Died to a trench raider club from about 10 feet away - guy had 150 ping. Gotta love it.
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Would love it for the simple fact that i'd rather communicate with my teammates. EA go on all the time about how they're super pro team play but they have such a mishmash of servers. i'd say 95% of the time I get put in a squad or team and we don't speak the same language. I remember when they fixed it over a year ago, think it was March and it was amazing. Could speak to everyone, all pings roughly the same. Loads of people complained about it and then it went back to how it was and was never looked at again.
  • Adman_Tor
    Would love it for the simple fact that i'd rather communicate with my teammates. EA go on all the time about how they're super pro team play but they have such a mishmash of servers. i'd say 95% of the time I get put in a squad or team and we don't speak the same language. I remember when they fixed it over a year ago, think it was March and it was amazing. Could speak to everyone, all pings roughly the same. Loads of people complained about it and then it went back to how it was and was never looked at again.

That was an amazing week before they changed it back. They should at LEAST have the option of having some exclusive low ping only servers. That would be amazing.