High CPU usage w/ low FPS, known issue with possible solutions, but having trouble for some time.

vrelatava
10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
What it says in the title.
This has been preventing me from playing the game for a few months now, after the January update I believe, and I've been having more and more trouble trying to fix it recently.
I know about the possible solution for typing certain commands into the console ( to be specific the "RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit" and "GameTime.MaxVariableFps"), but recently the solution has had many hickpups aswell.

These are my specs:

On Laptop, Lenovo G500
> AMD RadeonHD 8750M 2GB
> i5 3230M, dual core @2.6gHz ( factory set)
> 16GB RAM
> WIN10 Pro

Now I know what some might think, this is barely or not at all minimum. I'll admit, the machine is EXTREMELY low-ended, but I'm not crazy nor making up stories when I say that the game ran perfectly since I've had it on my Day1 ( which was around X-Mas time of 2016). And all I had to do was lower the resolution and the scaling a bit ( along with the rest of the settings to lowest), and it ran perfectly, averaging at around 50-70fps.
Now with these dips, it shoots down to 2-25 and it's getting really anoying.

Any advice, solutions? I'd be really thankful if this got answered/were to be resolved, been missing this chunk of cheese for a while :)

Cheers! ^^

Comments

• vrelatava
    Anyone, please?
  • vrelatava
    Going to keep bumping till this get resolved...
  • A4senic
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah same, me and others players report this and dice doesn´t respond, is so frustrating play the game rn.
  • vrelatava
    I'm gonna have a cow, maaaaaaaan... Jk, but seriously...
    'The ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ are you guys this lazy?
  • A4senic
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    It sucks :/
    Post edited by A4senic on
  • vrelatava
    Bumping, just to remind y'all...
  • GVlXxf
    457 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    vrelatava wrote: »
    This has been preventing me from playing the game for a few months now, after the January update I believe, and I've been having more and more trouble trying to fix it recently.
    I know about the possible solution for typing certain commands into the console ( to be specific the "RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit" and "GameTime.MaxVariableFps"), but recently the solution has had many hickpups aswell.

These are my specs:

On Laptop, Lenovo G500
    > AMD RadeonHD 8750M 2GB
    > 16GB RAM
    > WIN10 Pro

Now I know what some might think, this is barely or not at all minimum. I'll admit, the machine is EXTREMELY low-ended, but I'm not crazy nor making up stories when I say that the game ran perfectly since I've had it on my Day1 ( which was around X-Mas time of 2016). And all I had to do was lower the resolution and the scaling a bit ( along with the rest of the settings to lowest), and it ran perfectly, averaging at around 50-70fps.

Any advice, solutions? I'd be really thankful if this got answered/were to be resolved, been missing this chunk of cheese for a while :)

Cheers! ^^

2G RAM, and 2 Two isn't a enough hardware to get even a 30 FPS or smoothly playable in MP( i didn't know its SP for these hardware).

if u really want to play MP, may lower players map would be better than 64 map(it's hard to these hardware to play smoothly), TDM etc may be good to u
  • vrelatava
    GVlXxf wrote: »

These are my specs:

On Laptop, Lenovo G500
    > AMD RadeonHD 8750M 2GB
    > 16GB RAM
    > WIN10 Pro

Cheers! ^^

2G RAM, and 2 Two isn't a enough hardware to get even a 30 FPS or smoothly playable in MP( i didn't know its SP for these hardware).

if u really want to play MP, may lower players map would be better than 64 map(it's hard to these hardware to play smoothly), TDM etc may be good to u

I would believe you if it was true, but I stated clearly that I'm NOT MAKING IT UP that I was able to get stable +50 framerates before the 2018 updates...

And "2g RAM, and 2 Two..."? What the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ is that supposed to mean? If you mean 2Gb of VRAM and 2 cores on the processor, why exactly? I'm not sure where you got the thing you mentioned from, so please read the post more clearly...

And sorry, this doesn't answer my concern nor does it resolve it, your suggestions are redundant. Sorry to be blunt, but this game's optimisation got ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ up this year all of a sudden, and I'm not a fan of it...

Thanks for trying...
  • vrelatava
    No one?
  • JRMBelgiumTwitch
    779 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dude, go play CSGO with that PC. Not enough VRAM, not enough CPU power. No way you'll find a way to run this game smooth.
  • vrelatava
    Dude, go play CSGO with that PC. Not enough VRAM, not enough CPU power. No way you'll find a way to run this game smooth.

I don't know... I'm just sorry that no one seems to have reading comprehension here. My VRAM is at the very LEAST minimum, my CPU IS the most minimum, all I have to do is reduce both resolution and scaling and I'm getting the afforementioned framerate before the 2018 patches. If the game wouldn't have run from the beginning, I.E. launch, I wouldn't have even continued with it and would have waited for a better PC. But I did... the game ran well, and I'm not crazy when I say that the patches ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ up the optimization.

I'm sorry that you don't give a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, but why even bother if you can't offer a solution in a subforum dedicated to "bugs & Issues"?
    Sorry, but get lost, I ain't going anywhere...
  • JRMBelgiumTwitch
    779 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I don't know... I'm just sorry that no one seems to have reading comprehension here. My VRAM is at the very LEAST minimum, my CPU IS the most minimum, all I have to do is reduce both resolution and scaling and I'm getting the afforementioned framerate before the 2018 patches. If the game wouldn't have run from the beginning, I.E. launch, I wouldn't have even continued with it and would have waited for a better PC. But I did... the game ran well, and I'm not crazy when I say that the patches **** up the optimization.

I'm sorry that you don't give a ****, but why even bother if you can't offer a solution in a subforum dedicated to "bugs & Issues"?

Requirement are for the game as a whole. The problem is that the game was lacking many features. So in the beginning, people were able to run it below minimum specs. Now, with all the extra features, you need minimum specs. But players expect more features and bugfixes without performance loss. Not all things can get added or fixed without a performance loss. More code = more piwer needed.
  • vrelatava

I don't know... I'm just sorry that no one seems to have reading comprehension here. My VRAM is at the very LEAST minimum, my CPU IS the most minimum, all I have to do is reduce both resolution and scaling and I'm getting the afforementioned framerate before the 2018 patches. If the game wouldn't have run from the beginning, I.E. launch, I wouldn't have even continued with it and would have waited for a better PC. But I did... the game ran well, and I'm not crazy when I say that the patches **** up the optimization.

I'm sorry that you don't give a ****, but why even bother if you can't offer a solution in a subforum dedicated to "bugs & Issues"?

Requirement are for the game as a whole. The problem is that the game was lacking many features. So in the beginning, people were able to run it below minimum specs. Now, with all the extra features, you need minimum specs. But players expect more features and bugfixes without performance loss. Not all things can get added or fixed without a performance loss. More code = more piwer needed.

Extra features? What, all those new weapons/classes/maps/gamemodes? Other than some new spliced up and polished animations and probably higher amounts of polygons per model/map, I highly doubt anything would bump up the requirements by a substantial amount.
    But let's look at this situation: the solution I mentioned in the first paragraph of the OP ( "RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit" and "GameTime.MaxVariableFps"), they worked like a charm at the time of the release of the Apocalypse maps ( on which I've played during the free weekend, I do not own Premium, neither the last to expansions as of yet). The solution worked for a good two weeks or so, and all of a sudden it wouldn't even keep up, despite no patches being released at the time ( this was also before the extra weapons were added). Another thing to note, there were no new GPU driver updates at that point.
    If by some chance it's my PC giving in because of it's age, then fine I guess, but I don't believe this is an unresolveable issue as it has worked with many other users recently, as it has with me.
    Do you have any *viable* suggestions?
  • drewsando222
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    VRELATAVA :D I agree 100 percent with your last post . I played game on GTX 970 I7 6600 for last 2 years all settings on low for higher performance over eye candy and now recently I have Micro Stutters Yelllow Fps ICON every 1min and half or so lasting 5 to 8 secs. So Annoying but I recently found a fix that may help especially if you Update Windows regularly. https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-and-remove-game-bar-windows-10-creators-update. Check that link and Disable both things if you have them.
    PLAYED MY FIRST YELLOW ICON LESS MATCH TODAY IN LONG TIME . GOOD LUCK TO YOU-
  • drewsando222
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited June 2018
    Also dont forget to keep an eye on your GPU temps this time of year. A little too much heat, can cause a whole lotta lag.
  • ShotgunAZ
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1 Blow the dust out of your laptop...it is clearly not new. It is possible that heat is causing it to throttle down. 2.6 GHz means nothing on laptop. Lenovo should have a tool that lets you set the processor to power saving mode or performance - see if yours does.
    2 The 2 Gb video memory could be shared out of that 16 Gb. And even if it is a full 2 Gb you should be running at least 6.

3 Some people have reported sort of the same problem...starting with the Fall Creators Update which might be caused by a bad design in the way Windows 10 manages memory. Specifically the Standby List. The symptoms are...everything is smooth at first but then the game starts getting laggy. If so try this...download RAMmap.exe from Microsoft (TechNet pages). Start it then play, and when the game starts lagging toggle to RAMmap and click Empty -> Empty Standby List. If that fixes the problem then you will need a better tool that automatically empties the Standy List every so often (EmptyStandbyList.exe). But if you don't see a difference then it could be a driver...or as everyone else has pointed out, with all the new features added recently, Win 10 is hogging more resources. Time to upgrade.