Weekly Debrief

2 server bugs are still rampant: 64player disconnects between rounds +"1 in queue".

NL73schietdammer
506 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
FOUND SOMETHING OUT ABOUT THE 1 IN QUEUE BUG, why can it count ABOVE the 1 in queue bug and report it properly in server browser. Read last part of this post on what I mean.

2 server bugs are still (now 8may18 1 day after latest patch) rampant: 64player disconnects between rounds +"1 in queue".

It is now 11.50am CET = paris time. I have 9 full servers in my favorites of which I filled 7 servers, but 3 of those I had to fill TWICE today, so I filled 10 servers. 3 crashed in between 2 rounds and are all in the netherlands and ofcourse end of round on 3 servers where on different times so they didn't crash all at the exact same time. Furthermore of those 9 5 are in the Netherlands and 4 are in Germany, and last month it only happened on german servers https://www.bftracker.com/view.php?id=5134 but today - and last few days - only the dutchies crash, This bug is live since the 20feb18 patch so 2,5months old now.

p.s. server 2 best maps and server 3 Sinai crashed https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/servers?platform=pc&name=[sf] , and server 1 quentin of mine crashed https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/servers?platform=pc&name=bevdg

- - -

And now the 1 in queue bug, yesterday evening after the patch I saw it on 2 servers again so still not fixed. This bug is now 6,5 months old - sicne 23oc17.

But the worst was last Tuesday , where 5 of 9 "full" servers had the bug https://1drv.ms/u/s!Anbs4-O7K_T8gpJzxk56SxF3U4fDdQ
- server 1 quentin
- server 3 fort HAD IT but I put a password on it / emptied it / remoedv password / refilled.
- server 6 Sinai
- server 7 zeebrugge
- server 10 Sinai

of course there are also 64 64 1 where there are really 64 players inside and 1 trying to get in but I spectated all 5 and each had something like 20 players inside.

p.s. you see 10 servers but server 5 was empty all day plus the screenshotw as taken at 23.00 and server 9 died of natural causes, people went to bed.

- - -

1 thing I found out about the 1 in queue bug is that if the real player count really comes back to 64 64 and 1 in queue and goes ABOVE it then you see suddenly 64/64[2] , [3] , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9 , 10 so suddenly the server browser sees the reality but when a round ends and it goes from 10 to 9 8 7 6 5 ... 2 1 (because around 15 to 20 leave each round,) then it should go to 64/64 ["0"] and then 63/64 62 61 60 but it does not and that every round over and over again, sometimes 5 minutes long there are 50to55 inside and then still it keeps saying 64 64 1 I say that last part about the 5minutes because you might think dombo when there are 59/64 inside the server the server browser also counts 5 that are loading in.

Comments

• Neox255
    182 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    Yep - this is still happening to our server. We could have a few weeks where its running fine without no issues then it seems to happen regularly in other periods.

The random crashes seem to be re-occuring also over the past week.

ONLY 5 months of this problem and still not solved............

Sigh.

• NL73schietdammer
    506 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited May 2018
    wtf is thissssssssssssssssss , now 8.55 am wednesyday 9may18 - so the next day - and again after the first round of the day on my dutch quentin server when it was just about to go to the 2nd round of the day again it kicked all 64 players. Why is it happening in the first round of the day, I mean on this server it is an exact copy of yesterday.

update : 9.42am i see in server browser 6players in semperfi sinai that had 64 before it ... so also that exact same server like yesterday - 1 of the 3 - crashed.

edit : yesterday evening I wanted to play 1 2 rounds on my quentin server before going to bed and I saw 64 64 1 so I spectated first and of course 4 vs 5 UUUUGHHH.

update 2 : I made a topic on reddit because I am right now in quentin trying to fill it up, it crashed 3 times now, Sinai semperfi 2 times and semperfi ballroom 1 time. https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_live/comments/8i4ezl/there_is_a_problem_witch_dutch_pc_servers_i_am/
    Post edited by NL73schietdammer on
  • BillBailey0
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yep same here, 2 disconnects after map change, 1 Sinai to Amiens and the other Soissons to Prise tahure. Took ages to fill the server. between maps.
  • CrashCA
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    More of your"improved player experience" eighteen months in.
    It is coming SOON™
  • LumoColor
    521 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited May 2018
    1 thing I found out about the 1 in queue bug is that if the real player count really comes back to 64 64 and 1 in queue and goes ABOVE it then you see suddenly 64/64[2] , [3] , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9 , 10 so suddenly the server browser sees the reality but when a round ends and it goes from 10 to 9 8 7 6 5 ... 2 1 (because around 15 to 20 leave each round,) then it should go to 64/64 ["0"] and then 63/64 62 61 60 but it does not and that every round over and over again, sometimes 5 minutes long there are 50to55 inside and then still it keeps saying 64 64 1 I say that last part about the 5minutes because you might think dombo when there are 59/64 inside the server the server browser also counts 5 that are loading in.
    This sounds very similar to the bug for normal operations servers where it stops adding players (https://www.bftracker.com/view.php?id=3995), either the server with the master list of server information is overloaded/slow to update and/or BF1 servers are being attacked with phantom players like BF4 servers (https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/139795/my-servers-are-getting-flooded-with-bots-24-7).
  • BillBailey0
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It needs fixing, getting fed up of a full server being emptied every time the server disconnects after each map change.
  • -Antares65z
    1655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    64/64[1] bug is currently happening on my server. Been so since late last night.
  • JenTosM
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Same with my "ZET hardcore" server.