Battlefield 1: Revolution expansion packs problem.

darksidecomics82
4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited May 2018
I downloaded Battlefield 1: Revolution (premium content + all expansions) for the Xbox one recently and I cannot figure out how to get all expansion packs to work. When I start Battlefield it does say 'premium' in the top right-hand corner under the Battlefield 1 logo but when I go to the Battlefield store in game it tells me I have to buy 'premium' again yet it also tells me that I do own all of the expansion packs. When I try to open an expansion pack it tells me I already own it but it won't allow me to play the expansion.

I'm sure to some of you this is very straight forward but I've spent the last few days trying to figure this out with no luck so could someone please explain to me how to get the Battlefield 1: Revolution expansion packs to work on Xbox one?

Thank you.

Comments

• Contra87
    698 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You have download all the dlcs separately. When you're in the store for They Shall Not Pass for example, hit the "buy" it button. It will tell you you already own it and should give you an "install now" option. You'll have to do that with all dlc and the skin pack.

Also, just so you're aware: Sometimes, after an update, it will magically uninstall itself. Don't know why, but it might. I had it happen once, just have to download it again.
  • darksidecomics82
    Thanks for your reply Contra87. All of the dlcs are downloaded and installed but I still can't access them. As part of Battlefield 1: Revolution you also get the 'premium pass package'. According to my Xbox one the premium pass package is downloaded and installed but when I go to the store in Battlefield it gives me the option to install the premium pass package but when I click on install it tells me I have to buy the premium pass package in order to install it BUT I already own it.

Could it be that I can't access the dlcs because I can't install the premium pass package?
  • Contra87
    edited May 2018
    Hmmm... I don't know then, I figured they just weren't downloaded. @ElliotLH any ideas?

Edit: I went to re-read everything...first sentence. I'm a dummy.
  • ElliotLH
    9027 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Plenty of ideas but whether any are right or help is another matter hahaha.

@darksidecomics82 When you view the game on your Xbox does it look similar to the image below?

tDYyUiy.jpg

I've not got the Revolution Edition but this is how I think things should look if all of the DLC has been installed and stored in the same location (mentioning this in case you use an external drive like I do). Given the other posts I've found where people are describing a similar issue to you and what you said to @Contra87, I imagine that you will have all of the DLC there, but thought it worth double checking first of all.

You also might have tried the below steps from EA Support but again I thought it worth including as a just-in-case:
    1. If Battlefield 1 is running, shut it down.
    2. Find Battlefield 1 on your Home screen and press the Menu Button.
    3. Choose Manage Game.
    4. Uninstall everything except the game itself.
    5. Once that’s done, power off your Xbox One completely, wait 2 minutes, then restart.
    6. Go back to Manage Game for Battlefield 1 using the steps above.
    7. Choose Install all, confirm with Install on any pop-ups and wait for your downloads to finish.
    8. Power off your Xbox One again, then restart and launch Battlefield 1.

• darksidecomics82
    That's pretty much what my screen looked like @ElliotLH. Before I had read your post I had already uninstalled Battlefield to see if reinstalling it would fix the problem. I'll reinstall the base game again and follow the EA support instructions from there. It's very frustrating so hopefully it'll work this time.

Thanks for your help so far @ElliotLH and @Contra87
  • ElliotLH
    9027 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    These things are really annoying but hopefully reinstalling etc sorts out the problem. Let us know what happens dude as we can keep looking if it's still borked.
  • darksidecomics82
    Unfortunately @ElliotLH and @Contra87 the EA Support instructions didn't work. Everything is still the same as before. The dlcs are definitely all downloaded and installed, the premium pass is definitely downloaded and installed but I still can't play the dlcs and the game still tells me I don't own the premium pass (but my Xbox tells me I do), also everytime I start up Battlefield now it tells me I'm offline although my Xbox is definitely connected to the internet and when I click on a dlc in the in game store it says 'checkout failed' and I can't access the dlc which the in game store tells me I own.

I've tried looking up a solution to this myself but I can't find one and I've downloaded lots of dlcs before so I know how they work.

I think I'll have to try and get my money back this time. I'm sure getting a refund for a digital download of a base game plus all the dlcs and premium content won't be easy either so any other suggestions to get the dlcs working world be great.

Thanks
  • Contra87
    Can you play the base game and just not the dlc content? Or can you not play the game at all? Have you tried a different game online? I ask because I've had my Xbox live expire on me, and spent a couple days trying to figure why BF won't work. Lol
  • ElliotLH
    edited May 2018
    Battlefield loading in to offline mode is a current bug so won't be related to your issue (happens to me every time I load BF1). I'm now wondering if it's actually a problem with Xbox Live so it's probably a good idea to speak with them like you mention - maybe start off asking for technical support and then if they still can't help move on to asking about a refund? They were a massive help to me before when I couldn't get the CTE to download from the store so you never know.

I really don't think that this is a 'player problem' as it really does seem like you've done most of the usual things already. It's probably going to be something really, really stupid which is causing the problem.

*EDIT: I can see other people have had this problem on EA Answers but can't see any solutions posted. Hmmmm.

*EDIT 2: Just a thought but have you downloaded the Deluxe Edition Content?
  • darksidecomics82
    edited May 2018
    The base game works fine @Contra87 and other online games I have work exactly as they should and my Xbox live doesn't expire until January 2019. I think you might be right @ElliotLH with it being a problem with my Xbox live account because both the Xbox store and the in game store say I own all the premium content except for the premium pass although the premium pass is part of the Battlefield 1: Revolution bundle and according to the HDD on my Xbox the premium pass is downloaded and installed. I'll try sending Microsoft an email and see what they say.

Thanks for letting me know that I'm not the only one effected by the connection issue. I have downloaded and installed the Deluxe Edition Content @ElliotLH.
    Post edited by darksidecomics82 on
  • Contra87
    @darksidecomics82 I just thought I'd check on the Live, I've done it before. Lol Sounds like maybe you made a little progress at least? Don't give up on it, it really is a good game. That's why I tag @ElliotLH , he knows his stuff and is very helpful. Thanks Elliot, I've been trying to catch up when you're playing, but it's almost like we're on different continents. Lol
  • MCFreakReturns
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    ive had premium installed since day one and the battlefield store tab has always tried to charge me again. just tested it again to make sure and yep it still does it.
    game works fine for me tho.
  • tator439
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    All yo have to do is go to the multiplayer section at the top and press custom games and create or join one all the maps from the expansions are on there
  • Titan_Awaken
    947 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 25
    tator439 said:
    All yo have to do is go to the multiplayer section at the top and press custom games and create or join one all the maps from the expansions are on there
    Man, you should really start using Chrome or Firefox. Agh! Doesn't matter, just use anything that isn't Internet Explorer.

/necro