Anyone have problems with CQC aiming?

Halcyon_Creed_N7
1546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I left BF1 right after TSNP and came back right before Apocalypse, and apparently DICE changed a few things to do with aiming and aim assist.

I don't know if it was that or just rustiness, but I could not hit anything to save my life, so I lowered my sensitivity a little bit. Now I can hit things far-ish to far away, but I can't hit anything close up. Dudes just seem to dance around me and my bullets pretty much just make an outline of them because of the lessened snap-to aim assist. I can't stay on target because they move proportionally more in my screen at close range and I have to make bigger adjustments to stay on target, so I just end up swinging wide.

Is there a setting are something I can do to help me git gud again?

I turned off stick acceleration and I use the universal soldier sensitivity, or whatever it's called, but other than that I haven't messed with anything really. I've used the universal setting since BF4.

Comments

• Squizzy72
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm hearing you OP, having problems also mate...
  • BaronVonGoon
    7068 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What's your deadzone setting?
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Whatever the default setting is. Other than lowering general ADS sensitivity I haven't messed with the settings.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7068 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Whatever the default setting is. Other than lowering general ADS sensitivity I haven't messed with the settings.

Strange. They haven't changed anything recently. Twitch CQB is more dependent on muscle memory than medium or long range, is it possible that since you haven't played in a while you just need to develop muscle memory?
  • VarmintKong
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What's up Creed? Are you hipfiring or ADS? I've found lowering the zoom helps with some weapons while ADSing. For example, the new Sjorgen Slug. I had the zoom set to high for the recoil at first and realized it didn't have the ability to reach out like the 10-A and 1900 slug, so I dropped the zoom level to help me stay on target with the rapid fire capability of the gun. I also try to use like zoom levels across similar weapon types within each class. For example, I'll run low weight lmgs at 1.5 and all sidearms at 1.25, so the experience is similar even when I switch things up.
    In regards to hipfire, overcorrecting when acquiring a target when switching to my sidearm was a matter of lowering the general sensitivity. I'd move it until it was obviously too slow and then increase until it is too fast and fine tune from there.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    What's up Creed? Are you hipfiring or ADS? I've found lowering the zoom helps with some weapons while ADSing. For example, the new Sjorgen Slug. I had the zoom set to high for the recoil at first and realized it didn't have the ability to reach out like the 10-A and 1900 slug, so I dropped the zoom level to help me stay on target with the rapid fire capability of the gun. I also try to use like zoom levels across similar weapon types within each class. For example, I'll run low weight lmgs at 1.5 and all sidearms at 1.25, so the experience is similar even when I switch things up.
    In regards to hipfire, overcorrecting when acquiring a target when switching to my sidearm was a matter of lowering the general sensitivity. I'd move it until it was obviously too slow and then increase until it is too fast and fine tune from there.

Yeah, I'm just going to set everything to default, just in case, and then go from there. Definitely need to mess with my sensitivity, just seems off still. Thanks for the advice.

Any idea what stick acceleration actually does? When I saw in the settings that BF4 didn't have it I turned it off, because my aim in BF4 was actually pretty decent, but I've never felt that good in BF1.
  • VarmintKong
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    O look at it in terms of those "oh crap" moments. You know when somebody gets the drop on you but misses their first shot and you pull a 180 to keep your streak alive. The acceleration turns quicker when you jam the stick to a full stop in a direction. The harder you press the faster it goes. When off the aim moves same speed regardless of input. I think it hurts muscle memory to use it. Grain of salt though brother, just a hack here, so try both extremes and settle on your preference.