Weekly Debrief

Uncle TK's Good old fashioned noob BBQ recipe, now with scope glint! <3

MigueTK
674 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Since DICE clearly hates anything but ASsault, I'm willing to bet that the scope glint is here to stay. For all you stubborn scouts trying to work through it, fear not I have a solution! I think you can turn the glint into an advantage in certain situations. Primarily this has to be done with your battle buddies and proper communications must be used to work.

Step 1: Lure team of prey blueberries to fortified position with your new angler fish lantern.
Step 2: Trust your battle buddies to cover key entry points
Step 3: UNLEASH HELL on unsuspecting noobs
Step 4: Teabag sensually and aggressively. move on to next victim
Step 5: Repeat

Be sure to season with salty tears and all the hopes and dreams of the exhausted player base, stick in limpet charge and let sit. <3 <3 <3

Comments

• HawkeyeAM47
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MigueTK wrote: »
    Since DICE clearly hates anything but ASsault, I'm willing to bet that the scope glint is here to stay. For all you stubborn scouts trying to work through it, fear not I have a solution! I think you can turn the glint into an advantage in certain situations. Primarily this has to be done with your battle buddies and proper communications must be used to work.

Step 1: Lure team of prey blueberries to fortified position with your new angler fish lantern.
    Step 2: Trust your battle buddies to cover key entry points
    Step 3: UNLEASH HELL on unsuspecting noobs
    Step 4: Teabag sensually and aggressively. move on to next victim
    Step 5: Repeat

Be sure to season with salty tears and all the hopes and dreams of the exhausted player base, stick in limpet charge and let sit. <3 <3 <3

I miss the blueberries of Battlefield 3 BLog days :,)
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5481 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    Now I'm waiting for angry assault mains to appear and start arguing that their favourite braindead class requires any skill to play.
    The same time scope glint works only against bad scouts who like to camp and stay scoped infinitely. Good scouts don't really notice the changes.
  • boutneus
    2464 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    U all high...
  • bran1986
    5690 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    Post censored by Battlefield Administrator due to violation of the Forum Guidelines.
    Post edited by xxxCoOlBr33zExxx on
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    I just stopped using marksman scopes altogether. They're useless now. Instead I use a sniper scope with 6x-8x since it makes it easier to get headshots. Or the Ross Infantry. Gotta play like it's COD now and quickscope everyone.

By the way, the rainbow flare shows through fog. So you can also bait those mindless assault players when its foggy. And of course they still haven't fixed glare through terrain and objects either.
  • KriZ_Rul3Z
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Let's be honest, not having a scope glint on the marksman scopes was a mistake from the beginning. It's been corrected now, that's all.

Don't want scope glint? Use iron sights. Easy.
  • Alphazetamu
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    KriZ_Rul3Z wrote: »
    Let's be honest, not having a scope glint on the marksman scopes was a mistake from the beginning. It's been corrected now, that's all.

Don't want scope glint? Use iron sights. Easy.

The devs who made the game (as opposed to those who took over after) explicitly said that the point of marksman rifles was to not have scope glint. It was a feature, not a mistake.
  • Febelas
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Now I'm waiting for angry assault mains to appear and start arguing that their favourite braindead class requires any skill to play.
    The same time scope glint works only against bad scouts who like to camp and stay scoped infinitely. Good scouts don't really notice the changes.

Ironically, I think it helped the camping snipers the most. Now anyone who wants to countersnipe the campers has a giant glowing beacon giving their position away. Unless you're significantly better than the camper, you're gonna have a hard time killing them.

The non-glint marksman was great for clearing out obnoxious camper nests.
  • Alphazetamu
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 2018
    Febelas wrote: »

Especially of the prone lmg persuasion, which was always a fair portion of the campers. Now I think the mg1917 telescopic is the ultimate EZ mode (and let's be honest, who cares about how it being 5btk when you shoot 8 times faster than a scout rifle, that's still on average around 60% more DPS)
  • VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Ironically, I think it helped the camping snipers the most. Now anyone who wants to countersnipe the campers has a giant glowing beacon giving their position away. Unless you're significantly better than the camper, you're gonna have a hard time killing them.

The "least bad" campers/hillhumpers (for lack of better word) were actually using marksman, optical or even iron sight variants just to not reveal their position. The glint only punishes bad scouts camping/hillhumping. Good scouts use iron sights/optical just so they don't have to "unzoom" between each shots = less chances of losing your target and faster general RoF and now even more so as they don't have glints. If you want to counter a camper, simply either sneak on him or counter "snipe" him with a good long range SLR. Unless you're fighting him in his sweet spot, you should never be OHKilled (unless he's extremely lucky or cheating...) thus you can take cover and heal up while the scout can't heal himself.

@OP: Sniping has never been this easy in ALL of battlefield titles. It's even a "scrub" class now. Noobs can pick up the scout class and do incredibly well, while in previous titles only real/good scouts would be able to.
    -No gravity compensation required (or barely any at all and that's if you're shooting somebody in their spawn point out of bounds),
    -Muzzle velocity increased (670m/s was the highest you would get in bf4 which is far lower than a lot of SLRs and scout rifles in bf1). Barely any leading to do on your target.
    -No sway when standing. Not punished for the lame ADADADing before taking a shot instantly with maximum accuracy. Never need to hold your breath or go crouch/prone.
    -Sweet spot bs rewarding camping at a set distance from an objective/high traffic area to abuse the hell out of his sweet spot. Much skill. Wow.
  • DingoKillr
    3549 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

The "least bad" campers/hillhumpers (for lack of better word) were actually using marksman, optical or even iron sight variants just to not reveal their position. The glint only punishes bad scouts camping/hillhumping. Good scouts use iron sights/optical just so they don't have to "unzoom" between each shots = less chances of losing your target and faster general RoF and now even more so as they don't have glints. If you want to counter a camper, simply either sneak on him or counter "snipe" him with a good long range SLR. Unless you're fighting him in his sweet spot, you should never be OHKilled (unless he's extremely lucky or cheating...) thus you can take cover and heal up while the scout can't heal himself.

@OP: Sniping has never been this easy in ALL of battlefield titles. It's even a "scrub" class now. Noobs can pick up the scout class and do incredibly well, while in previous titles only real/good scouts would be able to.
    -No gravity compensation required (or barely any at all and that's if you're shooting somebody in their spawn point out of bounds),
    -Muzzle velocity increased (670m/s was the highest you would get in bf4 which is far lower than a lot of SLRs and scout rifles in bf1). Barely any leading to do on your target.
    -No sway when standing. Not punished for the lame ADADADing before taking a shot instantly with maximum accuracy. Never need to hold your breath or go crouch/prone.
    -Sweet spot bs rewarding camping at a set distance from an objective/high traffic area to abuse the hell out of his sweet spot. Much skill. Wow.

Sniping has never been easier compared to what other BF. So why do the majority of players have lower KPM and SPM for Scout compared to their other classes.
    1) no gravity comenensation, really rifles in BF1 has gravity of 12, BF4 6 to 12. And on top of that you have drag. BF4 rifles had a game play distance of up to 1000m while BF1 300m.
    2) BF4 had far lower Muzzle velocity, in BF1 Rifles have velocity of 440 to 880 while SLR 570 to 800. Only due to distance do you need not to lead much.
    3) no sway, yes there is. Yes, you are punished for ADAD, does any other class need to breath, crouch or prone to accurately fire their weapon?
    4) sweet spots rewards camping, now I have heard it all. At what range do you think rifles should be effective at? It still requires skill to hit a target in a rifles **** just as it does for the **** for shotgun.

No, what we have in BF1 is the biggest amount of whingers complain about Scouts yet, they don't want to give Scout any type of effective short range weapon.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6778 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    DingoKillr wrote: »

Sniping has never been easier compared to what other BF. So why do the majority of players have lower KPM and SPM for Scout compared to their other classes.
    "

Lol
    You ask the hypothetical question:
    "Sniping has never been easier compared to what other BF."...

and you proceed to 'disprove' it with:

why do the majority of players have lower KPM and SPM for Scout compared to their other classes.

Do you see what I'm seeing?

Based on the question, I'd like to ask you to check people's stats playing the class in BF1 and their stats playing other titles, like BF4.

I can speak for me personally, I went from being a useless sniper in BF4 to quite an effective sniper in BF1 overnight... Because the class was buffed and ANYBODY who tells you otherwise is simply out of touch with reality and Grandpa Simpson's quote must apply to them:

"I used to be with it, but then they changed what ‘it’ was, and now what I’m with isn’t it. And what’s ‘it’ seems weird and scary to me"

Ergo Sniping has indeed never been easier
  • DallyEnderLlama
    150 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I find it funny, Sniping in BF4 had way less scope glint, therefore making campers harder to hit from a distance. In 1 match of BF4 as a recon, using the starter sniper, I got 10 kills in 3 minutes, and was never found. Not to mention in BF4 shots hit the target more consistently than BF1. From my personal experience, BF4 sniping is FAR easier than in BF1.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6778 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I find it funny, Sniping in BF4 had way less scope glint, therefore making campers harder to hit from a distance. In 1 match of BF4 as a recon, using the starter sniper, I got 10 kills in 3 minutes, and was never found. Not to mention in BF4 shots hit the target more consistently than BF1. From my personal experience, BF4 sniping is FAR easier than in BF1.

tenor.gif?itemid=5892980

• llPhantom_Limbll
    5481 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

If you already played as "agressive" and ptfo scout you're better than your regular camper by default.
  • DingoKillr
    3549 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

"

Lol
    You ask the hypothetical question:
    "Sniping has never been easier compared to what other BF."...

and you proceed to 'disprove' it with:

why do the majority of players have lower KPM and SPM for Scout compared to their other classes.

Do you see what I'm seeing?

Based on the question, I'd like to ask you to check people's stats playing the class in BF1 and their stats playing other titles, like BF4.

I can speak for me personally, I went from being a useless sniper in BF4 to quite an effective sniper in BF1 overnight... Because the class was buffed and ANYBODY who tells you otherwise is simply out of touch with reality.
    Yes, snipers got buffed from BF4, as you point out most snipers where useless in BF4 so they need a buffed so the average player could be more effective but that still does not make them the easiest snipers in BF to use.

Maybe I should have made the second statement clearer but it was related to BF1 as to them being the easy to use class.
  • VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018

1) no gravity comenensation, really rifles in BF1 has gravity of 12, BF4 6 to 12. And on top of that you have drag. BF4 rifles had a game play distance of up to 1000m while BF1 300m.
    2) BF4 had far lower Muzzle velocity, in BF1 Rifles have velocity of 440 to 880 while SLR 570 to 800. Only due to distance do you need not to lead much.
    3) no sway, yes there is. Yes, you are punished for ADAD, does any other class need to breath, crouch or prone to accurately fire their weapon?
    4) sweet spots rewards camping, now I have heard it all. At what range do you think rifles should be effective at? It still requires skill to hit a target in a rifles **** just as it does for the **** for shotgun.

No, what we have in BF1 is the biggest amount of whingers complain about Scouts yet, they don't want to give Scout any type of effective short range weapon.

1)What are you even talking about.
    2)Indeed, that was my point. In bf4 you had to lead your target a lot more as the highest muzzle velocity you could get with a sniper or DMR is 670m/s (check: http://symthic.com/bf4-weapon-charts?allkdmr=1&recon=1&sort=Class&adsc=DESC ) hence why it's easier than ever to land shots on far away moving targets.
    3)SLRs and LMGs have their spread massively reduced when bipodded while scout rifles don't even need to bipod to be pin point accurate from across the map. They have no sway (unless maybe if you play with 8 or 10x zoom can't remember the highest) unless you spam fire.
    4)Yes sweet spot rewards camping unless you're lacking basic logic. Say your rifle's **** is between 50 to 80m than the user is rewarded to camp at that distance from an objective/high traffic area (to keep the targets he engages between 50 and 80m). No skill required there, check your distance with the objective's flag, and voilà, aim for center of mass for easy kills. IDK why you bring shotguns in the discussion though, it has nothing to do with the debate at hand.

About your last point, false. Scouts are the ones whining about the glint. OP said scout is totally handicapped and a hard to play class which is simply untrue when you consider how much of a buff it got from previous titles and how much said buffs don't reward actual skill which is what the scout/sniper class should be about. Deadly but only in the hands of the skillful exactly like skill cannon SLRs. And it's definitly not the case and every non-biased player knows that.
  • KriZ_Rul3Z
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The devs who made the game (as opposed to those who took over after) explicitly said that the point of marksman rifles was to not have scope glint. It was a feature, not a mistake.

I'm not saying it was a bug or unintended at that time. Just stating my personal opinion that this was a stupid decision. You have 2 scopes that are pretty similar, one has a huge downside and one doesn't? That was just weird... now it's all fair and balanced.