I want to be able to enjoy this disgusting game but it keeps crashing.

LukasBroski
39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
edited May 15
I cant take this anymore, the game keeps crashing for no apparent reason, mid game and my only option is to relog on battlelog ( yes, relog because this peace of [removed] cant remember my account ) and reconnect on the server hoping it wont crash again. 2/4 games I can play until the end round although sometimes It might crash at end round screen but mostly, it crashes mid game.
I even got MSI Afterburner to check my PC while playing because I thought it might be from my side but sadly, the stats monitor shows that everything is ok, even better sometimes.
Is there anything I can do to fix these crashes? Reinstalled the anticheat 3-4 times, updated the driver, rollback the driver, unistalled completely, reinstalled with latest version, checked game files, hell.... I even played the game on my work laptop with a fresh account and trial BF4 because somehow, I thought it my be my account. After a while I checked on Google and realised this is an issue that never got fixed....
The game will most likely not see any updates again but is there anything I/we can do? I really want to be able to play a full match without crashing sometimes...
Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on

Comments

• LOLGotYerTags
    9099 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Moderator
    @LukasBroski
    Don't Swear.

Omitting letters doesn't make it OK, It is still treated as profanity even if the entire word is not used.

Use Less profane alternatives.

• BigF33t_13
    6353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Sounds like you need to do clean install of windows. I've never had any of those issues.
  • lSDIl
    1022 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Did you use DDS Uninstaller to completely remove the driver?
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    720 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited May 17
    I had random crashing yesterday on the latest Nvidia drivers. Removed them and installed the previous ones. No problems anymore.
    Post edited by Il-Scavenger-lI on
  • bishtop
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    while in origin right click on the bf4 icon and repair game. Also have you had a look your systems logs/event viewer to see if it gives any indication to why bf4 is crashing
  • Sk1lld
    317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Do as Bishtop mentions above.
    After that go to your BF4 folder in C: > Program files X86 > BF4 >Installer > C++ redist and PB > PBsvc and right click them and install both, right click and Run as administrator.
    After that go to EvenBalance.com and download the Pbsvc tool run it as admin to update the PB files.
    You may have a permission issue on your pc.
    Also check firewall and antivirus to see if they are blocking BF4.
    This is all I can thik of off the top of my head.

GL
  • lSDIl
    1022 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I had random crashing yesterday on the latest Nvidia drivers. Removed then and installed the previous ones. No problems anymore.
    Indeed. Unless you're playing newer games, it's probably just not worth updating the GPU driver if you don't have any problems. Old adage applies - if it's not broke, don't fix it.
  • Frogtooth
    552 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    lSDIl wrote: »
    I had random crashing yesterday on the latest Nvidia drivers. Removed then and installed the previous ones. No problems anymore.
    Indeed. Unless you're playing newer games, it's probably just not worth updating the GPU driver if you don't have any problems. Old adage applies - if it's not broke, don't fix it.
    Except nowadays Microsoft "helpfully" refreshes everything every few months, including the drivers.