Morumets and Rocket Truck

Ziggerzatch
5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Seriously, ruining the game with how cheap they are. It's worse than COD MW2 sitting on a choke point with one man army and a grenade launcher.

Its terrible game design to have someone camp an artillery miles from the action and just completely take apart your team with very little counter.

Comments

• TamKingski
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I agree about the arty truck,particularly in ops,but alas dice thinks its perfectly fine to sit out of bounds racking up 100+ kills with very little effort.
  • olavafar
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It s not out of bounds for the Tank hunter AP though...
  • Jayremie570
    1291 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yeah but the tankhunter attack plane takes a bit of skill and planning. It's the perfect anti-arty truck camper counter.

As far a plane's go I've only been running bomber killer fighters and attack planes. Blowing myromets out of the sky 6 seconds after they spawn makes me warm inside. On grappa ops I just circle their spawn waiting 4 one to appear. Tired of those puds farming me and my mates.
  • GRIZZ11283
    4658 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    olavafar wrote: »
    It s not out of bounds for the Tank hunter AP though...

That's all well and good, but what's the point in giving assaults tools to take out vehicles if they can't even get close to it?
  • NLBartmaN
    1483 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Agree with the Mortar Truck, not with the Heavy Bomber.

What is the actual max range of the Mortar Truck?
    Mortars of Support player is something around 100, Mortars of Landship something like 200, the Truck is even more?
  • V2Face
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The thing with running the APTH is that you have a lot more counters then having to worry whilst hunting down camping arty trucks.
  • olavafar
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It is true all said above about the APTH. There is an asymmetry here because learning to fly it takes some skill (I dare say) compared to using a mortar truck. This means you bind a somewhat skilled player to deal with potentially a noob. So from that standpoint it is not unproblematic. I was just referring to what I mostly do.

I really like flying the APTH and take out vehicles. I do not get huge kill streaks this way (I'm not that good) but the satisfaction is worth it for me. It is another thing to take out a vehicle than just farming some poor infantry guys with the APGS. I would not say it takes more skill but it just feel better :).
  • NLBartmaN
    http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Armored_Artillery_Package says:

Damage Armored Artillery Package

200–270 direct (falloff 35–175m)
    112 blast (falloff 1.75–5m)

http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Armored_Mortar_Package

Armored Mortar Package

Can't find info on damage and range
  • NLBartmaN
    edited May 16
    olavafar wrote: »
    It is true all said above about the APTH. There is an asymmetry here because learning to fly it takes some skill (I dare say) compared to using a mortar truck. This means you bind a somewhat skilled player to deal with potentially a noob. So from that standpoint it is not unproblematic. I was just referring to what I mostly do.

I really like flying the APTH and take out vehicles. I do not get huge kill streaks this way (I'm not that good) but the satisfaction is worth it for me. It is another thing to take out a vehicle than just farming some poor infantry guys with the APGS. I would not say it takes more skill but it just feel better :).

The APTH sure needs some practice and "skill".
    It is "hard" to take out a truck in one run .. but is sure feels good when you succeed >:) B)

That said, I have a hard time taking out ground vehicles with the (heavy) bomber and anti vehicle loadout ... need some more practice with it ..
  • EdwinSpangler
    994 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited May 16
    Eventhius wrote: »
    Seriously, ruining the game with how cheap they are. It's worse than COD MW2 sitting on a choke point with one man army and a grenade launcher.

Its terrible game design to have someone camp an artillery miles from the action and just completely take apart your team with very little counter.

I mean yea, sure I guess but..

That kinda makes you the guy that has to go deal with it since nobody else is.. Dont think of it as a bad thing or (nuisance), think of it as turning you into a super special soldier with a skill set that you and you alone posses (spelling?) and in turn its your super special duty to go get that lil tank over there..

Sorry if you didnt get my lame attempt at sarcastic humor.. I honestly think if anything in this game is "cheesy" as they call it, the arty truck would be it..
  • Gforce81
    3143 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    There isn't anything in this game that has less of a place than the Arty truck.

In extreme situations, where you're getting pounded by a couple really good pilots who can work together between Fighter and Bomber or something, the AA variant is decent for air control. But only in extreme situations.

Other than that, the Arty truck has no place. Its been a thorn in my side since the game came out. Why they allow a vehicle in the game that can:

1.) Sit crazy far away from the action with no threat to himself
    2.) Can still lay down explosive death from this long of a range
    3.) Is faster than any of the tanks, nearly as fast as light transport vehicles, allowing him to turn and run to repair at any threat
    4.) Still retains smoke cloud and self-repair abilities, complete with "emergency repair" to negate damage for free

Logic fails me on the Arty Truck
  • theONEFORCE
    2597 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I've been up against attackers on Ballroom Blitz that use the Arty truck on sector one and as soon as the defenders get a plane they leave the server. They will leave 50 + kills and 0 deaths.

Many times my friends and I will try to squad kill them with 4-5 rocket at once. Sometimes you'll get them and sometimes they'll jump out and hide with the snipers until the next battalion. Its really a bottom feeder move.
  • research-kitchen
    229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I tried the arty mortar truck last night I went 76-0 lul.
  • NLBartmaN
    The biggest problem with the arty truck compared to other long distance vehicles is, it can only do that, once it comes close to the action it is destroyed very fast.
    With a mortar Landship for example you can do some close combat with 2 good side gunners.

So players can't play the arty truck any other way then they do now ..

But Arty Trucks rarely have any influence on the outcome of a game, just K/D and KPM padding.

I can even say: if your team takes 2 arty trucks as attackers on Operations you just can stop trying to take a sector, you will lose ..
  • wiazabi
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Playing ops attackers are making progress caps first 2 zones everything is going great, mr le **** decides to take arty truck and it is not even uncommon to see every battalion gone after that.

Dice la should just revert the changes made to arty truck, heavy bomber, smg 08 as none of em was healthy for the game.
  • NLBartmaN
    Yeah they shoot revert the last change to the HB, it is useless now.
  • DonSharkito
    744 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »

Yeah, they should completely remove it, it's useless now ;)
  • NLBartmaN

They can do that .. haven't use it a lot since the update.
    I've gone back to AP farming

Typically Dice: you have whiners that want easy gaming, lets nerf things to useless.
  • GRIZZ11283
    4658 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Typically Dice: you have whiners that want easy gaming, lets nerf things to useless.

Is it not you that wants the easy gaming ;)
  • NLBartmaN
    edited May 17
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »

Is it not you that wants the easy gaming ;)

Then me and my Platoon would play medictrain every session and not use every weapon and vehicle that is in the game ;)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!